QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not what he said. He said they ordered enough for the stock they had. If there wasn't one in the figure mentioned above, when they are done packing them all, they should have at least one left over.
But, he also said they inspected each one by hand before shipping. So there is a disconnect somewhere in the chain.

Right, which means they don't have any extras to simply send him as it would take it away from another customers order. :slap. He also did mention the buyer could wait for them to finish shipping the allocated figures and if there was one left over they would ship it to him. So the buyer can return it and get his money back, or be patient and see if an extra head turns up after the rest of the allocated figures are shipped. Seems pretty simple, and fairly generous considering if they truly checked each box for the extra head before shipping, then the only explanation to the missing head is they are being scammed.

Right, which means they don't have any extras to simply send him as it would take it away from another customers order. :slap. He also did mention the buyer could wait for them to finish shipping the allocated figures and if there was one left over they would ship it to him. So the buyer can return it and get his money back, or be patient and see if an extra head turns up after the rest of the allocated figures are shipped. Seems pretty simple, and fairly generous considering if they truly checked each box for the extra head before shipping, then the only explanation to the missing head is they are being scammed.
You're right, my goal was to pay 179.00 so I could scam QMX out of a plastic head...Last year I bought the HT Batman Armory set from Sideshow. I received the item and one of the legs on the Batman body was broken. I filled out the customer service form and within a week Sideshow had sent me a replacement body which they took from an in stock item. THAT was simple and the right thing to do because their policy is to give customers what they pay for. The fact that you would insinuate that this might be a scam is insulting and, quite frankly, ridiculous.

You're right, my goal was to pay 179.00 so I could scam QMX out of a plastic head...Last year I bought the HT Batman Armory set from Sideshow. I received the item and one of the legs on the Batman body was broken. I filled out the customer service form and within a week Sideshow had sent me a replacement body which they took from an in stock item. THAT was simple and the right thing to do because their policy is to give customers what they pay for. The fact that you would insinuate that this might be a scam is insulting and, quite frankly, ridiculous.

So instead of returning your item, or waiting to see if they will have an extra head to be able to send you, you are going to throw an online tantrum and demand they tear apart an allocated order and deprive someone else their figure so you can have yours. Seems rational.

I've also never heard of SS breaking apart an in stock item to send out a part. In fact I have asked them to do that on two separate occasions when they told me they were out of replacement parts but had items in stock. Both were premium format statues, so maybe things are different with Hot Toys.

So instead of returning your item, or waiting to see if they will have an extra head to be able to send you, you are going to throw an online tantrum and demand they tear apart an allocated order and deprive someone else their figure so you can have yours. Seems rational.

I've also never heard of SS breaking apart an in stock item to send out a part. In fact I have asked them to do that on two separate occasions when they told me they were out of replacement parts but had items in stock. Both were premium format statues, so maybe things are different with Hot Toys.
They have in stock items available for sale on their site, which means they are not allocated to any particular person. If I return the item and they send me a new one (which they have not offered to do) they are still stuck with a figure that is missing a part and end up paying for return shipping and the cost of shipping the replacement, which is just bad business and more work for everyone involved. I don't normally buy premium format figures but I did purchase the Legend Darkness figure some years ago and the exclusive unicorn hand was broken and Sideshow promptly replaced it. The only reason this became an online issue is because QMX asked for feedback on this forum, and none of that excuses you from accusing a member of trying to run a scam.

They offered me a replacement and sent me a FedEx return label. :dunno

Weird.
Normally I would buy through BBTS or Cotswold or Monkey Depot but I chose QMX because they were the only ones offering the exclusive edition with the laser pistol. I was pretty disappointed with the head on the body but then I read the card which said there was an additional sculpt. I just thought it was going to be shipped later (much like the Big Chief Amy Pond head) so I sent them a message asking when the second head would be released. They responded that it should have been in the box. I came to this thread so I could see what the second head looked like, and was pleased to see the improvement.

They offered me a replacement and sent me a FedEx return label. :dunno

Weird.

Apparently being willing to return the item goes a long way towards getting a replacement :lol

They have in stock items available for sale on their site, which means they are not allocated to any particular person. If I return the item and they send me a new one (which they have not offered to do) they are still stuck with a figure that is missing a part and end up paying for return shipping and the cost of shipping the replacement, which is just bad business and more work for everyone involved. I don't normally buy premium format figures but I did purchase the Legend Darkness figure some years ago and the exclusive unicorn hand was broken and Sideshow promptly replaced it. The only reason this became an online issue is because QMX asked for feedback on this forum, and none of that excuses you from accusing a member of trying to run a scam.

Did I directly accuse you? I believe I said if QMX actually did check each box before shipping, than the only explanation would be someone trying to scam the system. Seems pretty simple, either they are lying or you are. Either way the simplest solution for you is to return the item. If they have more in stock then order it again and the problem is solved. For whatever reason you would rather complain than actually taking steps to fix the problem.

Apparently being willing to return the item goes a long way towards getting a replacement :lol

Did I directly accuse you? I believe I said if QMX actually did check each box before shipping, than the only explanation would be someone trying to scam the system. Seems pretty simple, either they are lying or you are. Either way the simplest solution for you is to return the item. If they have more in stock then order it again and the problem is solved. For whatever reason you would rather complain than actually taking steps to fix the problem.
Or maybe they just made a mistake and nobody is lying. And due to a degenerative medical condition returning the item is not a simple matter for me and I actually followed their first suggestion and went to toyanxiety but the only head they have is the original one. And yeah, be honest with yourself, you were accusing me.

Or maybe they just made a mistake and nobody is lying. And due to a degenerative medical condition returning the item is not a simple matter for me and I actually followed their first suggestion and went to toyanxiety but the only head they have is the original one. And yeah, be honest with yourself, you were accusing me.

If they made a mistake, then clearly someone did not actually check every box that was shipped on their end. The fact that they are willing to accept returns and send labels out so all anyone has to do is put the figure back in the box, seal it with the label and call fed ex, UPS, or the PO to come get it seems pretty simple. What am I missing :dunno

If they made a mistake, then clearly someone did not actually check every box that was shipped on their end. The fact that they are willing to accept returns and send labels out so all anyone has to do is put the figure back in the box, seal it with the label and call fed ex, UPS, or the PO to come get it seems pretty simple. What am I missing :dunno

Things may sound simple, but they rarely are. Have you ever had a job that required you to work long hours when short-staffed? People make mistakes. It happens. You can do any one of the things that others have suggested, but constantly going on and on just shows a lack of maturity that is becoming grating.

If things are that bad just return it. Problem solved now back to the discussion.....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

How about you just drop it and let QMx and drewflu resolve the issue without your constant interference? That is what has been grating.

Wouldn't have said a thing if drewflu did that instead of calling QMx out in a public forum. Surely he was seeking attention and/or comments on his situation by doing so. :dunno

Just picked this up, being a Firefly fan it was pretty much a must buy but quite honestly I think it's overpriced. I'm having an issue with his left boot staying on, ugh.

Also I think I like the "extra" head better than the one that was on the figure. Anyone else?

Just picked this up, being a Firefly fan it was pretty much a must buy but quite honestly I think it's overpriced. I'm having an issue with his left boot staying on, ugh.

Also I think I like the "extra" head better than the one that was on the figure. Anyone else?

The extra head is the better one. They packed them in separately...

I just got the one I pre-ordered in May of 2014. Of course, I also ordered one directly from Qmx when they got their "exclusive" version in. Still quite impressed. But I want the entire crew.

Back