Pursuit of Cobra - Hasbro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last I heard they were planning on going smaller with it, much less of the globe-spanning FX fest that the first one was, but that's the extent of it. I haven't heard anything new in months.

For all its flaws, I enjoyed ROC for being a live-action version of the cartoon, though Duke was horribly, horribly miscast. It's not saying much, obviously, but I thought it succeeded where the TF movies failed and presented an update to the property that was actually acceptable for kids.

Last I heard they were planning on going smaller with it, much less of the globe-spanning FX fest that the first one was, but that's the extent of it. I haven't heard anything new in months.

For all its flaws, I enjoyed ROC for being a live-action version of the cartoon, though Duke was horribly, horribly miscast. It's not saying much, obviously, but I thought it succeeded where the TF movies failed and presented an update to the property that was actually acceptable for kids.

Cool to see varying differences of opinions here. Growing up I was always more a fan of the Joes than Transformers. That said, I feel the exact opposite. I felt TF was a decent update whereas RoC was a blatant bastardization if it's source material. You can add Ripcord, "Cobra Commander" and Breaker to that list of horribly cast as well.

As far as Ripcord goes, you know...I didn't hate every moment Marlon Wayans was onscreen so I considered the character at least a marginal success.

I'm a big fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as well, and I could tell he was having a blast as Commander so I didn't have too much of a problem with it, though his origin and eventual look didn't do much for me. I wasn't a fan of him, Duke and Baroness' backstory either.

Breaker...eh. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not really all that knowledgeable about many of the side characters from the Joeverse, because as a kid my knowledge came from the cartoon and the scenarios I created with my figures, which almost always began with someone tossing Chuckles off the top of the damn U.S.S. Flagg.

I look at the Joe and TF movies completely differently...the Joe movie I generally see through the eyes of a kid, because I was always into Joes more than Transformers, like you. I still see the Joe property through the eyes of my 6 year old self, whereas I didn't really get into TFs until I was in my early 20s, though I did own Grimlock and Prime and a few others, of course, like most every kid back then. I enjoy the TF movies as an adult, because I just never really saw them through my kid eyes. I'm very much cynical when it comes to the TF property, but I possess almost no cynicism when I look at the Joe property.

Hopefully that makes some sort of sense.

The GI JOE movie sucked and did not do very well despite all the neutering of the material to make it more appealing to international audiences.

I'll forever say that people just expected something entirely different from what we got and it just confused the ____ out of most people when they sat down and saw it. A lot like Demolition Man and Last Action Hero.

Then again, I have a great love for cheesy action flicks. Hell, I consider Van Damme's Street Fighter movie to be one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen and would probably fistfight someone over it.

Found a few of these today at Target. Got Snake Eyes and Beachhead. Both are amazing figures. Easily the best Joes since the 25th Line, and maybe even ever, from Hasbro. Both have a great amount of gear and well worth the $7 price tag. Now I really want to find Firefly. But I really have no idea what they are smoking with Duke and Cobra Commander.

Found a few of these today at Target. Got Snake Eyes and Beachhead. Both are amazing figures. Easily the best Joes since the 25th Line, and maybe even ever, from Hasbro. Both have a great amount of gear and well worth the $7 price tag. Now I really want to find Firefly. But I really have no idea what they are smoking with Duke and Cobra Commander.

BTW, whatshisface was right. There are some PoC figures out. There's a "Dreadnok?" figure on a bike in PoC packaging.

I meant POC....have they started filming on it???

jack_sparrow_03.jpg

I got Firefly and Beachhead during lunch. I find I've given each Joe incarnation a chance, so I'm curious to check them out when I get home tonight.

picked up beachhead today at target. he looks pretty cool. i would like to customize one of the dukes into snake. i guess the only thing you'd need to do is paint his hair.

Last edited:
I'm not terribly interested in the first wave. I'll probably just pick up the Cobra Commander, Beachhead and Firefly. The second wave has some nice looking figures though.

I picked up Beachhead yesterday at Target, went back today and got Firefly and an Alley-Viper. The Viper is my favorite of the three because he comes with two helmets, the original and Resolute.

Back