Psylocke Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I am with Nash...doesn't matter what the original look or the new look or whatever is...this is how Mark drew her so that is what you get. Don't like it, then don't order it but don't try to make it different then the source material.

I can appreciate that sentiment, SS. My feeling is simply that since we get so few conversions of a particular character into comiquette or PF form, it would seem to be the best practice to choose the most exemplary form of the character from amongst all of the source material available.

We can argue, of course, over what that most exemplary or "quintessential" form is, but Jim Lee (once again, having invented this form of Psylocke) has got to be the front runner... I hope you can appreciate that sentiment.

I can appreciate that sentiment, SS. My feeling is simply that since we get so few conversions of a particular character into comiquette or PF form, it would seem to be the best practice to choose the most exemplary form of the character from amongst all of the source material available.

We can argue, of course, over what that most exemplary or "quintessential" form is, but Jim Lee (once again, having invented this form of Psylocke) has got to be the front runner... I hope you can appreciate that sentiment.

I can definitely appreciate that sentiment. It is always nice to pay homage to the original creation.

For me though I just have to respect the decision of SSC to go with Brooks version and Brooks print. Especially since Brooks is one of my favorite artists. :)

I can definitely appreciate that sentiment. It is always nice to pay homage to the original creation.

For me though I just have to respect the decision of SSC to go with Brooks version and Brooks print. Especially since Brooks is one of my favorite artists. :)

That being the case, SS, Sideshow should not alter or "hybridize" the look of the comiquette to appeal to me or anyone else if they are being true to their source.

For my purposes, I just would have been happier if they had gone with another source. That's why this was a reluctant pass for me. I LOVE Psylocke, but if I got this version, I'm afraid I'd spend too much time wishing it were a little different.

Then again, it's also likely that I'll be kicking myself when I see the in-hand shots in a few months because so much of this piece is great!

Can't wait for Kotobukiya's Psylocke

img9422c.jpg

Yes! And this version is specifically based on the Jim Lee version. Can't wait to see her with paint!

image004gx.jpg

img8355.jpg

Do we have a thread on this piece yet..?

That being the case, SS, Sideshow should not alter or "hybridize" the look of the comiquette to appeal to me or anyone else if they are being true to their source.

For my purposes, I just would have been happier if they had gone with another source. That's why this was a reluctant pass for me. I LOVE Psylocke, but if I got this version, I'm afraid I'd spend too much time wishing it were a little different.

Then again, it's also likely that I'll be kicking myself when I see the in-hand shots in a few months because so much of this piece is great!

Peace be with you then..... :peace

I don't think this is correct. If I remember right...Psylocke's design was by Marc Silvestri before Lee took over the regular drawing chores on Uncanny X-Men.

Nash is always fighting with someone. Must be a Hawaiian thing. lol Arent you guys supposed to be relaxed all the damn time?

Nash is nuts. If he's not busy picking bothering SSF members, he's harassing Sideshow artists about the ES decisions on their pieces.

:p

I don't think this is correct. If I remember right...Psylocke's design was by Marc Silvestri before Lee took over the regular drawing chores on Uncanny X-Men.

Ahhhh....We have a man who knows his X-Men history among us! You are quite correct, DS, in that Sylvestri was at the regular pencils on UXM at the time, however, Jim Lee sat in as guest illustrator for issues 256 - 258 for the "Acts of Vengence" story arc. It was in the first installment of the Acts of Vengence line (#256) in which the newly imagined Psylocke was unveiled.

Note the Illustrator credit box:

395px-Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_256.jpg

Back