PS3 Users: Warning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the Apocalyps3

Have people got all their trophies that were lost earlier?

I wonder how many people pulled apart their Ps3 for no reason?

I guess I'm glad I just stick to playing Warcraft on the PC and the Wii for family fun games. lol
I do use my PS3 daily tho. But only as a real expensive dvd player at the moment. No problems with that at least for me.

I was gonna watch netflix last night, and even that wasn't allowed. So, I'll check tonight when I get home. Good thing I had netflix through another blu-ray player which made me realize this was just through the PS3.

Back working for me. Everything is fine only, i've lost all my Assassins Creed 2 trophies because I tried to boot it in the madness. Shame, but if the only thing to go wrong is trophies i'm not really too fussed.

What's now funny is the people who pulled apart their PS3's and took out the battery. Which apparently fixed the problem. Say goodbye to your warranties for no reason!

Back working for me. Everything is fine only, i've lost all my Assassins Creed 2 trophies because I tried to boot it in the madness. Shame, but if the only thing to go wrong is trophies i'm not really too fussed.

What's now funny is the people who pulled apart their PS3's and took out the battery. Which apparently fixed the problem. Say goodbye to your warranties for no reason!

Just sync it back up you will get them all back.

TBF though, that was the correct response. It worked, didn't it!

So what did they do wait for the day to change so it went back to right day?

What happend? I'm late to the party here. Does it matter? Is it all fixed now or is there still a risk of losing my trophies... all three of them.

UPDATE: Sony says the problem was that the older PS3s thought 2010 was a leap year. An explanation on how to do a manual fix, if things haven't corrected themselves by now.

So like they thought that day did exist when it didn't so everything went to hell for a day.

Hopefully they release a firmware that will address the issue for older PS3 models. Who knows, they'll probably be pumping out PS4 by the time it happens again.

Its been fixed though...we can all get online now...

I meant for future 'leap years' where the error may occur again. Honestly, it wasn't a big deal for me, it didn't even last a whole day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back