Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird how his ''objective'' score is lower than his ''Alien fan'' score. For me it would probably reverse. Holding it up to Alien and Aliens I'll likely think less of it than if I'm just holding it up to a movie experience generally.

I refuse to watch reviews. Glad to hear its getting good hype. Could be lies and deception though.

That said, Fox wouldn't be spending the amount it is on marketing if they didn't think they have something good. The sheer volume of ads running for the last month alone is insane. Marketing has to be as much or more than the budget for this. I haven't seen this kind of push in a very long time.

That wasthe fact that characters can now seemingly interact with the ship's computer just like in Star Trek and get an audio response to every question they ask. Is this a prequel to Alien or not? They had to type on a keyboard in the original film. The only time the computer ever spoke out loud was ''this ship will automatically self destruct in T-minus 4 minutes'' - Ripley shouts at the computer at one point but she doesn't get a response of any kind. I always assumed it was Ripley just being dramatic. Was she actually expecting Muthr to answer? If so then why weren't they doing that throughout the movie?

Yup, advanced technology in a prequel movie that doesn't match up with the original, just like TPM, AOTC, ROTS and RO.

To be fair though, Prometheus had some pretty advanced **** in it and that was this universe in it's earliest days. Best to just view it as it's own thing, not a sequel or a prequel, just a new Alien movie.

Yup, advanced technology in a prequel movie that doesn't match up with the original, just like TPM, AOTC, ROTS and RO.

To be fair though, Prometheus had some pretty advanced **** in it and that was this universe in it's earliest days. Best to just view it as it's own thing, not a sequel or a prequel, just a new Alien movie.

I was talking to my brother about this and he mentioned the fact that if you can have walking/talking androids then surely all ships could and should have at least that same degree of AI or even better....and it should be able to speak and interact verbally as it is doing in Covenant. So, technically Alien doesn't make sense in this regard.

Nostromo was a cheeseball ship. Dallas bought it cheap.

OR... its been 40 years, dude. In 1979, LCD watches were the big new technology on the playground.

We're not talking about CGI here. It would simply be a case of recording dialogue for Muthr to say. They could have done that in 1979, they simply didn't think of it.

We're not talking about CGI here. It would simply be a case of recording dialogue for Muthr to say. They could have done that in 1979, they simply didn't think of it.

I know. My points are still valid. Either Dallas owns a really cheap tug... or it was 1979 and they didn't think interface was necessary (maybe it felt too Star Trek for a time when a 'dirty, used universe' was in style that Star Wars ushered in).

Actually, just because they never used it, doesn't mean its not there. Again, perhaps its too expensive for Dallas to run. Perhaps its not active since they were supposed to be sleeping during the events of Alien. The company planted Ash, and they have the big bucks to afford the latest tech (i.e. robots).

Prometheus and this movie have scientists with state of the art equipment in a research mission.

First movie were just truck drivers.

I know. My points are still valid. Either Dallas owns a really cheap tug... or it was 1979 and they didn't think interface was necessary (maybe it felt too Star Trek for a time when a 'dirty, used universe' was in style that Star Wars ushered in).

Actually, just because they never used it, doesn't mean its not there. Again, perhaps its too expensive for Dallas to run. Perhaps its not active since they were supposed to be sleeping during the events of Alien. The company planted Ash, and they have the big bucks to afford the latest tech (i.e. robots).

I like Alien, I don't want there to be flaws in it. I'll go with your reasoning.

Prometheus and this movie have scientists with state of the art equipment in a research mission.

First movie were just truck drivers.

How come Ash and Bishop weren't as good a model as David? How come their spacesuits were super THICC.

Check mate ******.

I thought Ash and Bishop were far better androids, they could interact with humans seamlessly, the crew of a ship could have no idea they were androids.

I don't think David could pass the Turing test.

I thought Ash and Bishop were far better androids, they could interact with humans seamlessly, the crew of a ship could have no idea they were androids.

I don't think David could pass the Turing test.

They looked more rough so that also made them blend better. They didnt perfect like david so it was harder to tell. Ash blended perfectly.

If anything david was too high tech. Too robotic.

I think it was the opposite, David was lower tech since he didn't have the nuances of social interaction, to blend in perfectly, that the other 2 had.

I gotta tell you, I don't think any of these are anachronisms, like others have said, one was a low-end mining ship, with low-end equipment, suits etc.

And Prometheus and Covenant are state of the art ships and crews.

I'm sure Covenant will explain everything very clearly for DiFabio and seamlessly merge itself with Alien.

:lol

Next question: why does the alien in A L I E N look so real and the ones in Covenant look like Pac-Man?

(for answer: see GOTG2)

If Fox was smart they would've payed Wor-Gar $100,000 to put on their poster "Wor-Gar says better than Alien!"

You know, I could bring in at least three more viewers with that... and that's a start.

This movie needs to be a blood-bath! I haven't seen a really good gory movie in years. All this Disney/Marvel crap with no horror or absolutely no scares. Nothing to shake the kiddies. Hell, "Raiders" had more frights in its opening sequence than all the MCU put together. Think about it: how gory was "Raiders"? Everyone from Satipo to the German Mechanic to the main villains died in horrible ways. Awesome!

Let's hope for a horror-filled, blood-dripping Alien movie.

I don't want just excessive retarded gore, occasiona,l shocking, and unapologetic gore is fine but I hope it doesn't go overboard like AVPR.

I hope it's a good sci-fi horror,

Back