Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus Sequel : Paradise?

I really hate people's opinion when they say **** like this. There's no respect, or understanding from me. Hate Prometheus all you want, that's fine...but to say AvP is better? Insulting. Not just as a fan, but as a human. The **** is wrong with you people?

Here is what you dont understand: to a lot of people - and I am basing this not only on what's said on this site, but what I see on other sites - Prometheus is SO BAD that yes indeedy, the AvP films are actually better than that.

This is an extreme statement, given the poor timeline and other shoddy elements of the AvP storyline. The AvP films are far from great, and that is being kind. Popcorny fun, maybe but great - no.

Its just that Prometheus was THAT BAD.

So may Prometheus 2 languish forever in development Hell.

Here is what you dont understand: to a lot of people - and I am basing this not only on what's said on this site, but what I see on other sites - Prometheus is SO BAD that yes indeedy, the AvP films are actually better than that.

This is an extreme statement, given the poor timeline and other shoddy elements of the AvP storyline. The AvP films are far from great, and that is being kind. Popcorny fun, maybe but great - no.

Its just that Prometheus was THAT BAD.

So may Prometheus 2 languish forever in development Hell.

Why would you wish them failure, simply because you didn't like their previous effort?

No Prometheus was not "THAT BAD". In fact, its quite the opposite. Its a pretty awesome film. Very well written and directed. I do understand it may not be everyone's cup-o-tea and that's perfectly fine, but that doesn't mean its bad.

It wasn't THAT bad. It was incredibly flawed in almost every way outside of the acting, and visuals. Which alone, make it better then AvP.

We all can hope it will have less flaws and god willing have definitive answers to the questions many of us had after the first film viewing. That's all I want. I'll take for granted That I'm sure the acting and visuals will be just as good

I wonder what JJ Abrams would do if this were his project. LOL

Why would you wish them failure, simply because you didn't like their previous effort?

*puts on angel face* Its an effort to save the studio money; they took a shellacking on the original film, and I think they should quit throwing good money after bad. If they want to simply waste a bunch of cash, they could send it to me and I will put it to better use. :nana:

But seriously, the original film is hopelessly borked, and even Hollywood's best and brightest cannot find their way out of Lost Boy's cinematic morass. Do you honestly think anything else good is going to come out of it at this point?

Much of my ire for the original is bound up in the fact that they ruined the greatest teaser in all of science fiction, the Space Jockey, by turning him into just a big human in a suit. Anyone studying the original Giger sculpt can see that that idea was hogwash.... and now they done gone and broke the whole concept. Goodbye, original mysterious Space Jockey.

Some ideas belong dead.

No Prometheus was not "THAT BAD". In fact, its quite the opposite. Its a pretty awesome film. Very well written and directed. I do understand it may not be everyone's cup-o-tea and that's perfectly fine, but that doesn't mean its bad.

Rhetorical question only: if a film makes no sense whatever, how can it be good?

That is the central problem this film presents: so much of it makes no sense. If you like it, that's fine but lets not deny that this issue is a big part of the problem it presents. It makes so little sense that even the people they bring in to try to save the series can't make any headway!

They had problems writing Alien 3, true but that was because certain central-to-the-plotline characters were suddenly not returning. This was a big problem, but not scriptwriters looking at the script for Aliens and going "What a pile of spaghetti, what are we s'posed to do with this?!!" like they are with Prometheus.

Good ideas were everywhere; they just ended up not getting used. Here, no one seems able to come up with a good idea.

It makes plenty of sense. If you have an IQ above that of a squirrel.

Don't blame the movie for your lack of intelligence.

And once again, GTFO of Prometheus-related threads if you hate the film so much.

It makes plenty of sense. If you have an IQ above that of a squirrel.

Don't blame the movie for your lack of intelligence.

And once again, GTFO of Prometheus-related threads if you hate the film so much.

No offense but everything was not explained in Prometheus. Still a lot of guess work for a few things and hopefully a great enough sequel will happen to explain some more

Back