Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus Sequel (March 2016)

R E P O R T E D !

Yes and no.
It's not related cuz pretty much everything in it contradicts ALIEN, but they shoved too much references in there.

What bugged me the most is that the Space Jockey in Alien looked like it was twice the size of the Engineers.

I was so jacked for the first movie when it was coming out and then I saw it and was completely letdown. Too many stupid decisions made by the characters. I hope this sequel is better, I hope it builds on the Alien mythos, but I won't hold my breath. I won't be seeing this in the theatre. Congrats to those who are excited.

There, I've said my peace and won't "squawk" in here anymore. :wink1:

Uhhhh the writer of Green Lantern doesn't exactly inspire excitement in me! Though the script was decent, the movie itself was delivered terribly.

He does have some TV and comic experience like Heroes and Superman/Batman so we'll see.....

I want to be excited but the news of the Green Lantern writer has me concerned as well. I've still not seen Green Lantern though.

Yes and no.
It's not related cuz pretty much everything in it contradicts ALIEN, but they shoved too much references in there.
Contradicts. :lol

You might want to look up the meaning of that word.

Since none of the Space Jockey mythos had ever been explored, there was nothing to contradict.

Just because it didn't play out the way you had it in your head for so long doesn't mean it was "contradicted".

Wait a minute...

If a prequel gets a sequel, wouldn't that just make the sequel the original movie?

Nevermind. :lol

If a prequel gets a sequel, wouldn't that just make the sequel the original movie?

Pretty much. It was said that if sequels were to be made; then it would drift farther away from anything that has to do with Alien. But I dunno. We got a new writer who wrote that green lantern movie. Anything is a shot in the dark now.

I feel very ones gotten very picky about what's available . Theres not even a new space movie to compare this franchise too.
As is there's not even much to watch. Another Disney marvel , please.
Someone needs to give a comparison that is better.
Gravity was made so well but it's not in the same field.

The first isn't really a bad movie, it just made no impact on me whatsoever. I don't feel like it expanded on anything in the Alien Universe at all. It was all so generic and forgettable plot wise, like some kinda alien-light beer flashback. Even if they can make it lead somewhere it's not going to make that first movie better. Too many similar elements to try to make it feel related instead of something new and exciting. I think it was one of Ridley's worst in a while and given the talented cast, just made it all that much worse. No real memorable stand out characters. Davids just this Ash or Bishop clone but with zero mystery or allure right from the get-go. Really just felt like a money grab with some name recognition. The whole selling point was basically "Ridley's back in the Alien universe... kinda, sorta" and the result was just about as meh and kinda sorta.

The first isn't really a bad movie, it just made no impact on me whatsoever. I don't feel like it expanded on anything in the Alien Universe at all. It was all so generic and forgettable plot wise, like some kinda alien-light beer flashback. Even if they can make it lead somewhere it's not going to make that first movie better. Too many similar elements to try to make it feel related instead of something new and exciting. I think it was one of Ridley's worst in a while and given the talented cast, just made it all that much worse. No real memorable stand out characters. Davids just this Ash or Bishop clone but with zero mystery or allure right from the get-go. Really just felt like a money grab with some name recognition. The whole selling point was basically "Ridley's back in the Alien universe... kinda, sorta" and the result was just about as meh and kinda sorta.

Does ghostbusters grab you . Funny funny

It sure does. Show me another movie about capturing ghosts that melds comedy and drama that had it's own theme park ride.

I'll show a dozen movies with pretty much the same plot as Prometheus. Including the far superior, 40 year old original Alien.

I'm excited for a sequel that will hopefully resolve some issues. I really enjoyed Prometheus, it was a let down as Ridley's comeback to the Alien universe, but I still like it more every time I see it. Prometheus just raised too many questions it just didn't answer. It felt like too much of a lead in to a sequel when the first 3 Alien films all were fairly self contained which inspired creativity for the next film.

Also the guy who is writing gets credit for writing Green Lantern but apparently his draft was completely butchered by the next writer in the assembly line of writers that film had, so I am approaching the news with an open mind.

I want to be excited but the news of the Green Lantern writer has me concerned as well. I've still not seen Green Lantern though.

Contradicts. :lol

You might want to look up the meaning of that word.

Since none of the Space Jockey mythos had ever been explored, there was nothing to contradict.

Just because it didn't play out the way you had it in your head for so long doesn't mean it was "contradicted".

ABSOLUTELY!! :goodpost:

That is the biggest thing with Prometheus people never seem to realize, that there was nothing about the Space Jockey mythos in any film. Prometheus finally explored it. It also explored a lot of other things, gods, the universe, religion, why and how humans were made and exist, etc etc. A lot of big philosophical questions but as science "fiction", taking things many philosophers and scientists have debated about for a long long long time.

Did everyone like it? No, and not everyone needs to. We all have different tastes and interests, and what we think good movies are. Most people love Aliens (1986), and I really don't. Its 3rd or 4th on my list of the Alien franchise. To me Prometheus and Alien are way ahead of all the other Alien films. But thats just own opinion.

And the philosophical questions from Prometheus are things I am very interested in, so ya I loved the film. A lot of small details in the film that you don't necessarily see or get unless you see it a few times, and then explore things outside the film as well, like the Prometheus website, forums, books, artists, films, that Ridley has mentioned as influence. I got a lot out of Prometheus. Not everyone did, so be it...

Pretty much. It was said that if sequels were to be made; then it would drift farther away from anything that has to do with Alien. But I dunno. We got a new writer who wrote that green lantern movie. Anything is a shot in the dark now.

:goodpost: :exactly:

ABSOLUTELY!! :goodpost:

That is the biggest thing with Prometheus people never seem to realize, that there was nothing about the Space Jockey mythos in any film. Prometheus finally explored it. It also explored a lot of other things, gods, the universe, religion, why and how humans were made and exist, etc etc. A lot of big philosophical questions but as science "fiction", taking things many philosophers and scientists have debated about for a long long long time.

Did everyone like it? No, and not everyone needs to. We all have different tastes and interests, and what we think good movies are. Most people love Aliens (1986), and I really don't. Its 3rd or 4th on my list of the Alien franchise. To me Prometheus and Alien are way ahead of all the other Alien films. But thats just own opinion.

And the philosophical questions from Prometheus are things I am very interested in, so ya I loved the film. A lot of small details in the film that you don't necessarily see or get unless you see it a few times, and then explore things outside the film as well, like the Prometheus website, forums, books, artists, films, that Ridley has mentioned as influence. I got a lot out of Prometheus. Not everyone did, so be it...
:goodpost: :hi5: :duff

I hope the script is better and that somebody reigns in Scott's egomaniac streak.

That was of the many problems thats helped mess up the movie.
The main to me was changing at the last minute to make it a direct Alien prequel, rewriting it while all the visuals and situations were pointing at it being what it was. A ****ing ALIEN PREQUEL! They should have stick to the original plan, just make the planet and the juggernaut be the same as the one from ALIEN, keep the infested Engineers plot and once this story told and closed go to Paradise.
Seriously having all set as an ALIEN prequel and say no its another planet and all was an insult.
To me thats the worst thing, all the thing about the characters doign stupid things an all was weird but i was ok with it.
But having Engineers cryorack with holes in them on screen, wich proves that aliens were running around, but then go another way and not clean in post prod those holes was amateur's houtr for me.
Its like they did not care or tought people would not notice.
The movie was gorgeous tho and have great cool concepts, i hope they wont go cheap in the sequel because now she going to Paradise it supposed to be grand... But im sure they are going to manage in some way to keep it low key with a few people vs a few Aliens...
Wait and see :)
Whatever happens a new scifi Ridley Scott movie is always a good news :)

It sure does. Show me another movie about capturing ghosts that melds comedy and drama that had it's own theme park ride.

I'll show a dozen movies with pretty much the same plot as Prometheus. Including the far superior, 40 year old original Alien.

Prometheus is about the origin of human , totally different plot

Back