Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus Sequel : Paradise?

the worst thing that could happen to the sequel is if they get a new team to investigate.

If somehow most of the movie focuses on a new team or something, and we only see Shaw arrive at that planet at the end. Would be awful.

OR, it would be kind of annoying if Shaw crashes and never reaches her destination. And ends up landing somewhere else.

I wouldn't want them to do something like that.

the worst thing that could happen to the sequel is if they get a new team to investigate.

If somehow most of the movie focuses on a new team or something, and we only see Shaw arrive at that planet at the end. Would be awful.

OR, it would be kind of annoying if Shaw crashes and never reaches her destination. And ends up landing somewhere else.

I wouldn't want them to do something like that.

Yes, I agree. That would be so weird, it would actually cross over into comedy. You spend the whole movie with a new expedition crew, and then right before the credits roll you get an "oh yeah, by the way" scene where you see Shaw's Juggernaut ship crash and burn. That would literally make me LOL.

Grown Deacon :pray::pray:

They seriously have to put it on the movie, They HAVE to.

Also agree. I don't need it in the movie for long periods of time, but a good look at it would be nice. Honestly I think this is one of those wishes we may not get. I would think that the sequel actually focuses more on Shaw's journey more so than whatever is left on LV 223. Unless Shaw see's more of the Deacons on Paradise. That would be great!

My questions: (I'm sure many have the same ones):
  • How exactly/often have the Engineers been involved in Human development and why.
  • Who created them?
  • Why were we created?
  • What is the Engineer's overall purpose - what do they strive for as a species. (I think it was obvious that Humans were not their pinnacle creation.)
  • Are there different factions/religions amongst the Engineer species? (I have to assume there is, right?)
  • Did the Engineer's shutdown the project that created the ALIEN after the incident on LV- 223. Or did they continue it?
  • If so, what was that projects final outcome(s)? Do they consider it successful?
  • Was the original ALIEN and the eggs on the original crashed Juggernaut (LV-426) a precursor to the canisters/Deacon on LV-223? Or was it the other way around?
  • What are their future plans for humanity, if any?
  • What happens to Shaw after leaving in the Juggernaut?
  • How will a group of Enginners react to David? Will it be the same as the first?

What do you guys want to see? What answers do you want?

Some of these already have answers

1) They created humans, so they have always been involved with human development. They watched us grow. But it appears we did something they didnt like, so they wanted to destroy us.
2) Who created the Engineers? Well thats like the chicken or the egg.
3) Why were we created? Thats sort of answered by David...Because they could. Kind of like why David was created by Weyland...Because he could....although there are psychological reasons why Weyland created him and I assume same why they created us. We are their experiment or maybe even their art. But we failed them for some reason, which there are a lot of theories out there what we did, and Ridley has kind of hinted at some.
4) This we do not know since all we have is a 2 hour movie so far about them.
5-8) we dont know.
9) Future plans were to destroy human race, but they got destroyed themselves? Are they all dead, we dont know, but probably not if David plans to take Shaw to them. I wouldn't be surprised that he knows much more after messing around with their computer systems. He said he knows where to take Shaw, so he definitely learned a lot from interacting with their systems.
10-11) remains to be seen.

Sequel NEEDS Deacon.:lecture

Grown Deacon :pray::pray:

They seriously have to put it on the movie, They HAVE to.
Having another Weyland Corp. crew come to LV-223 to investigate seems like the most logical path to take. Not only would we get that classical "Alien" feel from having them be hunted down by the Deacon, but that would also be the best way to take some of the screen time away from Shaw and David flying around forever.

Shaw and David still need to get to the engineer homeworld (or somewhere) in the sequel, though.

Some of these already have answers

1) They created humans, so they have always been involved with human development. They watched us grow. But it appears we did something they didnt like, so they wanted to destroy us.
2) Who created the Engineers? Well thats like the chicken or the egg.
3) Why were we created? Thats sort of answered by David...Because they could. Kind of like why David was created by Weyland...Because he could....although there are psychological reasons why Weyland created him and I assume same why they created us. We are their experiment or maybe even their art. But we failed them for some reason, which there are a lot of theories out there what we did, and Ridley has kind of hinted at some.
4) This we do not know since all we have is a 2 hour movie so far about them.
5-8) we dont know.
9) Future plans were to destroy human race, but they got destroyed themselves? Are they all dead, we dont know, but probably not if David plans to take Shaw to them. I wouldn't be surprised that he knows much more after messing around with their computer systems. He said he knows where to take Shaw, so he definitely learned a lot from interacting with their systems.
10-11) remains to be seen.

You're right in the answers you mentioned above. But I don't think they are complete answers. Heck, I don't want complete/clear answers, but more hints would be nice. At the same time I don't think the "involvement" question was answered. It was definitely hinted that the engineers were obviously involved in our evolution but not the extent.

If they choose to leave it at "they created us because they could", then that would pretty awesome imo. Still, I don't think that's the end of it, and David may be surprised (i know that's an emotion) at why they actually created us. Be it art, religion, or otherwise, I think there's more to it than David knows.

As to why we "failed" them. I think Ridley has given more than just hints during interviews. He's outright said its the "Engineer-Jesus" reason. (At least that's how I interpreted his answer.) He said the explanation was specifically in the script but was removed because he felt it was already obvious. If they choose to run with this explanation then it would be nice to get another hint at it in the sequel. Otherwise the only hint we have at the moment is the timing of the incident at the LV-223 installation. - Approx 2000 years ago.

You're right in the answers you mentioned above. But I don't think they are complete answers. Heck, I don't want complete/clear answers, but more hints would be nice. At the same time I don't think the "involvement" question was answered. It was definitely hinted that the engineers were obviously involved in our evolution but not the extent.

If they choose to leave it at "they created us because they could", then that would pretty awesome imo. Still, I don't think that's the end of it, and David may be surprised (i know that's an emotion) at why they actually created us. Be it art, religion, or otherwise, I think there's more to it than David knows.

As to why we "failed" them. I think Ridley has given more than just hints during interviews. He's outright said its the "Engineer-Jesus" reason. (At least that's how I interpreted his answer.) He said the explanation was specifically in the script but was removed because he felt it was already obvious. If they choose to run with this explanation then it would be nice to get another hint at it in the sequel. Otherwise the only hint we have at the moment is the timing of the incident at the LV-223 installation. - Approx 2000 years ago.

Right, yah i dont like bringing up the Jesus tie-in just yet because he could change his mind since it wasnt officially in the final film. But id love it if thats the reason. Very cool idea i think. Yah definitely will be more than "because we could" reason, but im sure thats part of it. I love the fact that those huge head statues in the domes are statues of honored Engineers for their discoveries. I wasnt sure who they could be until I read in the Art of Prometheus book. Love to know more about who each head monument is, what they did, etc etc...

Funny, for us fans of it, movie makes you want to know more & more & more, like you feel like there are some ancient texts out there or something with the answers :)

The biggest problem I see with a sequel is that they have painted themselves into a corner with the events from Prometheus. If the Engineer homeworld is intact, why didn't they send someone to investigate why they hadn't heard from LV for the last 2,000 years?

One way would be to say that the Engineers know what happened on LV and that its like a quarantine planet, but then that would loop around and make you wonder why another plan hadn't been put into place to lay waste to the humans since smiting us seemed so important.

They just need a really smart writer, because Lindelof kinda spooged all over any natural progression in this film and I doubt he thought much beyond the end of the movie imo.

I think they could do an interesting story with them somehow making it to the engineer homeworld and unleashing the ooze onto the engineer homeworld. Obviously probably still full of nonsensical angles, but I hope they really think through what was put out in Prometheus before deciding on a final story.

The biggest problem I see with a sequel is that they have painted themselves into a corner with the events from Prometheus. If the Engineer homeworld is intact, why didn't they send someone to investigate why they hadn't heard from LV for the last 2,000 years?

One way would be to say that the Engineers know what happened on LV and that its like a quarantine planet, but then that would loop around and make you wonder why another plan hadn't been put into place to lay waste to the humans since smiting us seemed so important.

They just need a really smart writer, because Lindelof kinda spooged all over any natural progression in this film and I doubt he thought much beyond the end of the movie imo.

I think they could do an interesting story with them somehow making it to the engineer homeworld and unleashing the ooze onto the engineer homeworld. Obviously probably still full of nonsensical angles, but I hope they really think through what was put out in Prometheus before deciding on a final story.

Yup, they definitely need a good writer that Ridley will trust. I think there are multiple angles they can take to explain why LV-223 was essentially quarantined. It could be anything really. After all we may look like them, but the Engineer's are aliens. Thus their motives and logic may be alien to us.

I think the engineers created us in an effort to use our DNA to create the perfect species. It was never their intention to leave us be, they only allowed us to exist until they created that black ooze stuff. The black ooze was meant to blend with ours to create the perfect species. The engineer getting infected was not part of their plan and the side effects was the creation of the alien species we know now. That species is not the perfect creation because it kills its host so eventually it would die out. The deacon or whatever u want to call out could reproduce and was the species the engineers always intended to create.

I don't buy the "we killed Jesus who was one of them and they are punishing us" because a) Jesus didn't look like the engineers he looked like one of their creations, b) if they wanted to kill us why not just blow up the earth or release some toxin that kills us all and start over with a whole new creation. Why use some of our DNA to create a species, if they wanted to correct their mistake and start over?

I think the engineers created us in an effort to use our DNA to create the perfect species. It was never their intention to leave us be, they only allowed us to exist until they created that black ooze stuff. The black ooze was meant to blend with ours to create the perfect species. The engineer getting infected was not part of their plan and the side effects was the creation of the alien species we know now. That species is not the perfect creation because it kills its host so eventually it would die out. The deacon or whatever u want to call out could reproduce and was the species the engineers always intended to create.
Yeah that sounds plausible to me.

I don't buy the "we killed Jesus who was one of them and they are punishing us" because a) Jesus didn't look like the engineers he looked like one of their creations, b) if they wanted to kill us why not just blow up the earth or release some toxin that kills us all and start over with a whole new creation. Why use some of our DNA to create a species, if they wanted to correct their mistake and start over?
A lot of people mention that, but Ridley has already stated this was the reason . He could certainly change his mind since it wasn't specifically implied in the movie's dialogue. As far as Jesus's appearance, I would think the Engineer's would make him look human so that we could relate to him. This would make sense since the cave paintings depicted humans and giants (engineers) interacting. Thus the engineer's probably thought "well we tried directly teaching them and that didn't work, now lets have one of their own guide them." (Basically, the same reason the Christian religion depicts God making his son a man.)

Also, maybe the engineer's did not necessarily want to "start over" by outright killing us. Why would they do that when they could instead do what they do best and just re-write our DNA. In other words, we weren't a total loss. And bombing a planet may not be their style.

Well do you honestly think they're going to land on the engineer homeworld and it's going to be completely peaceful and intact?

There's not anything they could do with that story. Have them land in an engineer city, see the engineers shopping and driving their engineer cars around, playing engineer basketball....:lol

I think it's obvious at this point that more has gone wrong outside of LV-223.

I also think Ridley has the overall plot planned out. There will always need to be small changes here and there, but he must have an idea of what the end result will be.

There's not anything they could do with that story. Have them land in an engineer city, see the engineers shopping....

5122104_orig.jpg

They wanted to turn earth into a Super-Duper center. And they needed employees. Who better to run the universe's biggest Wal-Mart then human beings?

Back