Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has some insane 3D in the very beginning when they first arrive at the planet. I always remember the flying scenes.

Prometheus is one of my favorite 3D movies. It didn't play the "jumping out at you" gimmick, Ridley just played very well with giving each shot depth. The visuals were stunning in 3D. I was actually somewhat disappointed that Covenant was not shot using 3D cameras.

I remember walking out of Prometheus very very upset.
I still think to this day that having the planet being lv426 with the engineer death giving birth to the first biomechanoid xenomorph would have been better to close the book on Alien prequel thing.
Here I'm like ok it's a done deal, we are back at square one with the franchise.
Ghost house in space, b movie monster and bad guy.
The movie does look gorgeous, and the gore is really fun has its really mean to the characters.
The way they dealt with Shaw and the Engineers is quite sad, to the characters themselves and to the mythos.
David is interesting to say the least but I'm still not sure it was the way to go...
Argh can't make up my mind.

I did not enjoy this film which was a massive shame as I had been really looking forward to it (alien and aliens are two of my favourite movies). It is riddled with plot holes and the characters are slasher movie stupid. Fassbender is the films only redeeming feature. The pacing is all over the place. CGI creatures look bad. Zero tension or horror at all and I didn't care for any of the characters. It was the Force Awakens equivalent for this series in that it spent large parts of the movie rehashing the plot from the previous instalments from the franchise. It was also really predictable. If you liked Prometheus (I know there aren't that many of you) it goes full alien 3 on that movie.

Like Prometheus it engages with an interesting concept and with some adjustments to the screenplay and practical creature effects it could have been so much more.

:horror: that bad? Now that's a red flag.

Ok, this is conflicting, Alien 3 is a good movie, better than Prometheus at least, don't like Prometheus myself.
Alien 3 is an ok standalone story which was enhanced by a good director. If you cared about the surviving characters from aliens then alien 3 was not a great return on your investment in those characters (others than ripley who had a good arc). This is what I mean when I compare Prometheus and Covenant to aliens and alien 3. If you liked the characters / engineers etc. and where interested to see where the story / ideas that had been set up in Prometheus might be going ... Well then you better recalibrate your expectations for an alien 3 pay off.

Alien 3 is an ok standalone story which was enhanced by a good director. If you cared about the surviving characters from aliens then alien 3 was not a great return on your investment in those characters (others than ripley who had a good arc). This is what I mean when I compare Prometheus and Covenant to aliens and alien 3. If you liked the characters / engineers etc. and where interested to see where the story / ideas that had been set up in Prometheus might be going ... Well then you better recalibrate your expectations for an alien 3 pay off.

Oh you mean about
Spoiler Spoiler:

It's disappointing to hear they didn't expand much on Prometheus concepts then.

Oh you mean about
Spoiler Spoiler:

It's disappointing to hear they didn't expand much on Prometheus concepts then.
Yep to both of your points. Prometheus was a visual treat and the concepts interesting but the story execution poor. Unfortunately they sidelined the Prometheus concepts in Covenant. David is an interesting character though and it is worth seeing this film just for Fassbender.

Yep to both of your points. Prometheus was a visual treat and the concepts interesting but the story execution poor. Unfortunately they sidelined the Prometheus concepts in Covenant. David is an interesting character though and it is worth seeing this film just for Fassbender.

Pretty much what I've been expecting. What the hell is it about that guy. He owns everything he's in.

Pretty much what I've been expecting. What the hell is it about that guy. He owns everything he's in.

It's Based Fassy a-dev, of course he owns everything. Seriously, that guy truly won the lottery. Good looks, perfect genetic code, big **** (watch Shame #nohomo), good actor, made enough money through capeflicks, all of that. It's been a while since he made a KINO, but he will sooner or later.

shaw in the movie
(big spoilers)

Spoiler Spoiler:

shaw in the movie
(big spoilers)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Man, Giger drew some really freaky ****. Aliens aside, his drawings were damn creepy, and not just because of the monsters. The scenes/themes were also kinda ****ed up.

Really disappointed. As somone who quite enjoyed Prometheus, this one not only takes a dump on that movie and on the whole series. There was nno tension, no atmosphere and I really can't stand the fact that what happens in this basically leads to the creation of the Xenomorph. They were so much scarier when they didn't have an explanation.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yea I pretty much hated everything about this movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Man, Giger drew some really freaky ****. Aliens aside, his drawings were damn creepy, and not just because of the monsters. The scenes/themes were also kinda ****ed up.

When he was little his dad brought home a skull from war or something like that lol.

I have to wonder what sort of stuff H.R. Giger had going on in his crib, LOL. Either way, it certainly benefited him in the long run.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You know that conspiracy theory that Giger was murdered for what his art depicted? Spoopy.

Back