Prometheus Body: Keep or Start Over?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very happy to read about the changes. Thank goodness - it needed them...maybe Lando will not be short after all!

I'm sure they're going to try and not make it short.

As I type this post its so hard that to type this that lactic acid is setting in. :lol :rolleyes:

Is that a Volks Neo guy? I'm impressed. I had one, but it was looser than the pro. perhaps i recieved a dud. I've had several volks bodies, and all of them have been etremely floppy. Overall I'm impressed at what you've said about it... and a little suprised about something else as well.
Can you directly swap over the wrist/ ankle pegs?

also, where did you see the truetype slim debut at for 32?

I think it would be worth purchasing another one. I'm happy with its quality. But I suppose that there may be variation in production like with the Pro's. Some people report that their Indy's have tight joints. Mine is very loose like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BnF2rfHxmU Is this guy a member here?

The ankle and wrist pegs look very similar. However, the Sideshow pegs are just slightly larger in diameter, so they are not compatible with each other.

2vaei5s.jpg

I plan to use the Volks body for the Sideshow T-1000 because it comes with a left handed trigger finger.

On this board, Joe is offering the narrow Truetype for $31.95 plus shipping. I'm not sure of the price elsewhere.

Larger ,more muscled upper body on an upcoming Joe figure from Sideshow.I'd guess one of the original 13 so I'm gonna say one of my favorites and make it Rock & Roll.

Start over PLEASE!!! I just photographed my Snake Eyes and after just a little bit of futzing and re-posing, he's already loose in his torso and legs. Grrrr! My Indy has become a piece of sheet loose rag-doll who has to lean on the environment to stay upright. I've never had this problem with the 28 Hot Toy bodies I own or even the 60+ Buck bodies or Medicom's or even Dragon. This body is awful and it needs a total overall. If the Cobra Commander is as bad as the last two, someone is really gonna need to reconsider the design on this Pro-monstrosity.

Is that a Volks Neo guy? I'm impressed. I had one, but it was looser than the pro. perhaps i recieved a dud. I've had several volks bodies, and all of them have been etremely floppy.

Have you had a chance to compare the Neo to an Obitsu Normal guy? The few Volks I have purchased felt a little light in comparison to the same size Obitsu. Good quality, but just feels a bit, well, wispy when you heft one and then the other.
(I know the Neo is a little beefier, but I'm still interested in your thoughts.)

The ankle and wrist pegs look very similar. However, the Sideshow pegs are just slightly larger in diameter, so they are not compatible with each other.

2vaei5s.jpg

I plan to use the Volks body for the Sideshow T-1000 because it comes with a left handed trigger finger.

I didn't realize the Volks and Pro were so similar. The Pro looks like a perfect rip off, except the Volks has a better musculature and actual feet.

Have you had a chance to compare the Neo to an Obitsu Normal guy? The few Volks I have purchased felt a little light in comparison to the same size Obitsu. Good quality, but just feels a bit, well, wispy when you heft one and then the other.
(I know the Neo is a little beefier, but I'm still interested in your thoughts.)

Never had any bitsu bodies to compare with unfortunately :(

I didn't realize the Volks and Pro were so similar. The Pro looks like a perfect rip off, except the Volks has a better musculature and actual feet.

I'm also surprised at how similar they both are, the only difference are the pegs & muscle sculpt on the Volks body.

So, Sideshow has made some modifications. The biggest change is adding a hinge in the mid-torso piece that is reminiscent of Triad Toys. I'm not really sure what the advantage of this hinge is, considering Indy slumps forward easily enough. And I can't help but feel this is too little, too late. It just feels inexcusable why the torso issue wasn't worked out the first time with Indy already being delayed over a year. I was hoping for some more muscle detail ala Soldier Story, Triad, Volks, Saturday Toys, etc. Oh well.

https://www.triadestore.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1169

Forget about IndyPro, the rrecent figures with the Pro body have been great. Can't wait to get figures with the tall and short versions.

If I was sideshow, I'd contract out the development of the body to hot toys. Every sideshow figure that I have has been converted to a truetype. Looks way better IMO.

Sounds like you just got a fluke Justin. Send it back and get another. My Piett was JUST as solid and sturdy as any truetype. Speaking of truetypes, My Hot toys V1 Joker, who has been posed on the shelf for over 6 months and not touched, was picked up yesterday, Only to find that while standing there alone, not being bothered, His knee had shattered for no reason.

Point is, Bad ones happen. The most recent Pro-based figure, The cobra trooper is being reported as being just as sturdy, if not moreso than Piet. The pro's got it's buggs worked out, i simply advise you to send yours in for a swap.

Aside from Indy every pro based figure has been solid for me, which is about 5 figures so far.

The Pro seems to have developed into a good base body.
I got Piett (my first regular Pro after the armored ones) and it is pretty solid. It is a bit narrow in the shoulders though.
Regarding the TT, it also has its flaws, my Godfather also lost his knee with minimum posing...
I don't think there's a perfect body out there, but I'm very hopeful for Tirad's EVO's and EVA's.

Back