Prometheus Bodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RpDub

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I've been diggin' all these Jones figs. White suit belloq is awesome, the Idol Set up i've been waiting for ever since i saw a publicity image for the Toys McCoy Jones and ROTLA Indy is near PERFEK. I did have a question though....

Has anyone swapped ROTLA Indy's body with one of the newer Prometheus bodies? Does everything measure up well? I'd buy a substitute body (my EX Toht comes later this week, so i'll see then if it's gotten even tighter since Belloq, thus making it more ideal) in a sec if it'd help this guy stand on his own 2 feet. i saw Toy Anxiety has em for $20. worth the investment?

I put a Belloq body on my SS Indy and now he's "sound as a pound". Otherwise, for $10 more you can buy a narrow shoulder True Type from SS and problem solved.

This is the best Thread to look at.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45311&page=101
The new True Type looks the best, but if you want the neck exposed you could use a Soldier Story like I did with My TOD custom
picture.php

I just traded out my True Type for the new one with narrow shoulders. The jacket was a little tight on the standard. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll probably end up getting an updated Prometheus, since Ex Toht drained my accounts, but i'll look up the True Types and see whats what.

lookin forward to see what happens, doesitmatter

Looks great!

I have a couple of those bodies and was wondering what you have to use to attach the Pro style heads since the Soldier Story bodies have a pin type connector for the heads.

For a Temp fix you can stuff the Head with Blue Tack or for a more permanent fix you can use two part Epoxy clay.

I got the Idea from Lord Vicious and MFisher on OSW
Check out his ROTLA Soldier Story Indy here
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89911

I'm going to purchase the German Indy body from Toy Anxiety to swap out for the ol' ROTLA Indy's loose frame. Toy Anxiety doesn't seem to sell the pro body with a neck, however. How can i swap my old Indy's neck into the new body? and will it still suck?

I'm going to purchase the German Indy body from Toy Anxiety to swap out for the ol' ROTLA Indy's loose frame. Toy Anxiety doesn't seem to sell the pro body with a neck, however. How can i swap my old Indy's neck into the new body? and will it still suck?

I think you'd just be better off porting Indy over to a Narrow Shouldered TrueType and doing the minimal modifications to completely port everything over. Going to another Pro isn't going to remedy the smaller height nor will it help the fact that the headsculpt is just too heavy to be supported by the Pro's neck joint.

It's only the German Disguise Indy they don't include the neck with. The Belloq or Toht body both come with them (though the Toht body is a little odd color-wise).

Just pick up a TrueType Narrow shoulder body. It has everything you need to make your SS Indy cool as hell... I have three Indy's and the two with jackets are on TT Narrow bodies.

Thought that seems to be the preferred choice, that True Type seems pretty pricey. If it were $13, i'd most likely just do that. Is the true type really that much better? I'm all about representing with Doc Jones, but he's already put such a sizable dent in my wallet taht i've had to cancel my German Jones, and Sr's on the way soon enough.

I was hoping the Prometheus would be more economical, but i don't want to break anything

Thought that seems to be the preferred choice, that True Type seems pretty pricey. If it were $13, i'd most likely just do that. Is the true type really that much better? I'm all about representing with Doc Jones, but he's already put such a sizable dent in my wallet taht i've had to cancel my German Jones, and Sr's on the way soon enough.

I was hoping the Prometheus would be more economical, but i don't want to break anything

Look at it this way. You would likely have paid around $150-$180 for a HotToys Indiana Jones. Assuming you paid retail, $90, a $30 TrueType will put you right next to having a HT quality Indy for only $120. The body is definitely worth every penny here.

Look at it this way. You would likely have paid around $150-$180 for a HotToys Indiana Jones. Assuming you paid retail, $90, a $30 TrueType will put you right next to having a HT quality Indy for only $120. The body is definitely worth every penny here.

You forgot to mention the repaint needed at $50 - $100, plus resculpting the neck so it is attached to the head and looks "right". I know you're talking about the quality of the body, but there's no way the head in its normal state is close to Hot Toys quality (even if the raw sculpt is as good as, if not better, than some of HT's current work).

You forgot to mention the repaint needed at $50 - $100, plus resculpting the neck so it is attached to the head and looks "right". I know you're talking about the quality of the body, but there's no way the head in its normal state is close to Hot Toys quality (even if the raw sculpt is as good as, if not better, than some of HT's current work).

Well, that's only needed if your ass is so tight when you fart it squeaks like a high-pitched trumpet note. I'm content without the repaint or the neck. And I believe I used the term "right next to," not "on par with" so go un-bunch your panties. Even still, after those mods you won't have spent a dime more, and likely less, than what HT would've charged for the same figure.

Back