Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it didn't affect the resale value, I'd be tempted to drill a hole in bust and fill it with plaster...

To be fair, so long as you smoothed in out and match the paint as close as possible, who'd ever know. The base is borderline unusable as it is, so fixing it might actually be a selling point. Some lead shot towards the bottom with a strong glue in the mix might work, but the base really needed to be wider at the front. I suspect the heads on the prototype were lighter, I can't understand how they would have missed this otherwise. They still should have picked it up during production, but it would at least explain the poor design of it initially.

My museum Big Chap has finally arrived. Damn, I have never been so nervous opening a statue before for two reasons:

1) All the prior breakages that we've seen in the last 6 months to year.
2) The fact that my wife has no idea I ordered this, would kill me if she found out I did, and I had to sneak it into the house and sneak around quietly opening the boxes :ninja:. Success though, I beat her! :nana:

I'm happy to say that mine arrived completely unscathed and intact. Hooray :banana ! I felt pretty confident it was handled carefully when I picked up the boxes from the shipper today as they both seemed to be in good shape with no holes or major dents. I was also happily surprised that Box A with the figure was actually relatively light. That gave me hope from the start.

Opening Box B with the base was pretty easy. Certainly much heavier than the other box, but actually not as heavy as I was expecting overall. Big base, yea. Bigger wall, yea. Ok, good to go so far.

When I opened Box A I was surprised to find it sitting in the brown shipper upside down. That had me a little worried, but I proceeded to flip it back "right side" up and open the art box. I then saw sort of a "pushed out" portion of the styrofoam, but with nothing poking out. Well, that now had me most worried, but since nothing was protruding I had hope. When I finally opened up the styrofoam my worries were alleviated once I grabbed that body and pulled it out. Phew!

Now, I can totally see how a lot of these arrived with broken feet and heel bones. There is hardly any styrofoam on the bottom of the body below the feet and the actual box (and by bottom I mean when it's standing vertically), so any type of drop on the bottom would give a very jarring impact to the feet. Terrible design there that could have been easily avoidable by just making the styrofoam thicker on the bottom. I'm pretty sure that the reason why my art box was in the shipper box upside down was due to the previous issues of it breaking on the bottom of the feet with that type of impact. So Prime 1 wizened up and flipped it over so the feet would be on top and would not be subjected to impacts.

Anyway, the figure itself went together perfectly, crisply, and easily. Very simple setup, beautiful paint, beautiful sculpt. Best Alien I've ever seen. The only issue I have is my lack of space and where I will end up permanently putting him. He's definitely a large presence. That's still TBD, but for now he's in the bottom of my 50" Besta. Smaug the Terrible miraculously still fits above him, which is nice. I may end up switching the Alien with my Dark Rider of Mordor though which is actually on my desk, but with X-Men vs Sentinel #2 also on the way in the coming weeks I might delay that until that's in hand as well to find out the best possible setup. Christ, I just don't know where the 1/3 Jungle Hunter is going to go either now. That stupid statue has caused ALL of these problems as I was 4-5 years gone from this hobby and then that pulled me back in only to order more Aliens, Predators, Sentinels, and X-Men. :gah: :lol

Company on it's way over tonight so not much time to marvel at this piece, but I'm sure I will enjoy it more and more since it sits right next to me when I'm sitting at my desk in my office.

Glad you got a good one! I just finished moving mine from the living room where I originally set it up, in to my games room. It's quite an effort moving this monster. I switched it up and added the closed mouth head while I was at it. Man this thing is beautiful, and so big! Like you, I'm almost apprehensive about the 1/3 JH arriving now. I never really thought about it, but it's a good 20-25cm bigger even than this monster in terms of width and depth! I need to order a suitable moducase before it gets here I think.

I totally forgot to mention that my art box was upside down inside the shipper also (Only the box with the body in) I put it up to a weird mistake, but seeing as yours was the same, I'm guessing that Prime 1 started doing it intentionally to try and reduce the damage.

47/100

7DF3E44A-E176-436B-9FE5-5C12DB239F9A.jpeg

36931E6C-3D4F-40B8-922D-8027F335E912.jpeg

A67E5F5A-818B-41CD-A52D-DFD29E871A59.jpeg

5257E797-E2E4-4832-B484-EFEE13416DB3.jpeg

0BF46C1E-1F81-4041-ACD1-FAF3E67814D8.jpeg

2397C505-A928-4206-922C-F85959063097.jpeg

C6A111A5-0DD7-4AF2-AEE5-1881104084C6.jpeg

BF8E2E10-D773-4CDA-9B20-D423CC2D8CB2.jpeg

27266DDC-5C04-4832-96DE-77B742738653.jpeg

FF02A2DD-CECA-4A86-9566-50E7DF6688CC.jpeg

Great photos. I love how he's hiding in your collection!

Was the consensus that the action piece was packaged better than the museum?

Great photos. I love how he's hiding in your collection!

Was the consensus that the action piece was packaged better than the museum?
Thank you!

I actually think I saw more action pieces damaged versus museum pieces, but to be honest most of the breaks happened a long time ago and I haven't seen anything negative lately at all.

I'm not sure I trust many of my shelves for how big and heavy his is. The only other spot would be where my Weta Escape Off the Road piece is on the Ikea Alex, but I'm waiting until my Sentinel #2 comes in before I decide the final spot for each.

I think he's quite safe down here though, plus he's directly next to my desk chair on my right and his head is at my shoulder level sitting in the chair. It's a pretty decent spot for me to view him actually. Someone else just walking into the room, not as much, but I don't have many of those besides my wife who hates this stuff anyway :lol

Very, very interesting. What will be different? The scale? The base?

The packaging job?

1656302879752.png

So basicaly is the same statue without the wall? We need to see the scale also… thanks sho!!

1/3 scale then! So all of you that missed this, do not heasitare and PO! It’s awesome:)

I would be interested but where's the closed mouth option on the action pose? In my (humble) opinion it was the best head on this particular statue!

Please include this Prime 1 (if you browse these boards)...

I would be interested but where's the closed mouth option on the action pose? In my (humble) opinion it was the best head on this particular statue!

Please include this Prime 1 (if you browse these boards)...
Good eye. Didn't notice this at all. As someone who is kinda mad about this lowing the rarity of the original, I hope they don't include the closed mouth. Keeps the originals rarity and makes then sought after still.

Back