Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This hobby has become too expensive for one's decisions to be motivated by arbitrary and often abstract concepts like ES.
I completely disagree. If this had an edition size of 200,000, I would have passed on it, just as many others would. And as far as your assertion that that concern is based on resale is also highly inaccurate. It has to do with not wanting a collection full of things that literally everyone else has, and out of fairness to me now having a damaged statue that I have to live with, while others get a new one. In addition to that, one that is likely going to have a revision to the foam packaging that mine does not, so if I ever DID want to sell it, I can't because mine can't make a trip w/o being broken, while other will be able to.

This is such bs for them to do this. Shady doesn't even describe it. They couldn't even replace body breakages before and meanwhile they are making a whole new es number? The wall wasn't even a big deal. If you take it out it's completely displayable. Many people do it. And it looks totally fine. This piece has a redesign on the base and will probably weigh the exact same. I think people just saw that they could sell the original for 4k + and they convinced themselves to sell. Now p1 pulls this move? Such crap. And they deserve every bit of judgment.

According to a comment reply from Prime 1, there will be a DX version with a closed mouth.

These ****ers. :lol

I completely disagree. If this had an edition size of 200,000, I would have passed on it, just as many others would. And as far as your assertion that that concern is based on resale is also highly inaccurate. It has to do with not wanting a collection full of things that literally everyone else has
I didn't think your ES concerns were based solely on resale. The part in bold may not be the best way to go about this either. Whether or not other people have what you have shouldn't affect whether you like it.

I agree with your points regarding packaging and damage, though. It does suck that those who order this run may have an easier time with shipping and replacements than you did. You and anyone else affected should definitely contact them and press them to do right.

Last edited:
I completely disagree. If this had an edition size of 200,000, I would have passed on it, just as many others would. And as far as your assertion that that concern is based on resale is also highly inaccurate. It has to do with not wanting a collection full of things that literally everyone else has, and out of fairness to me now having a damaged statue that I have to live with, while others get a new one. In addition to that, one that is likely going to have a revision to the foam packaging that mine does not, so if I ever DID want to sell it, I can't because mine can't make a trip w/o being broken, while other will be able to.
Put a realistic number on it though. Would you have passed if it was 2,000 total? I get that edition size matters, but I think it matters to a degree. It's not so much the edition size, but how hard it is to get it.

According to a comment reply from Prime 1, there will be a DX version with a closed mouth.

These ****ers. :lol
Of course they are doing the EXACT same statue. I almost want to bet that it will cost more than the original too. If it's like 2k I'm gonna be laughing so hard. And people will buy it which is even worse.

Of course they are doing the EXACT same statue. I almost want to bet that it will cost more than the original too. If it's like 2k I'm gonna be laughing so hard. And people will buy it which is even worse.
Oh, it's gonna cost at least as much as the OG. This is a couple years of inflation later and P1 have proven they're not doing anyone favors with their pricing.

Put a realistic number on it though. Would you have passed if it was 2,000 total? I get that edition size matters, but I think it matters to a degree. It's not so much the edition size, but how hard it is to get it.
I'd be on the fence honestly. But people who do not care at all about edition sizes are effectively okay with there being 5 billion made, and that's just not the collector I am. There are far too many amazing artists out there that are putting out incredible non-mass-produced pieces for me to give my attention to something that there will be tens of thousands of. But to be clear, that IS NOT even close to being my main anger about what they did to me, and others. To get hung up on ES is chump change to how shady AF this is.

And lets be frank here, they are pretty much recasting their own piece.

Last edited:
It's not exactly the same. The base is different. Not trying to be a smartarse, but there were quite a few collectors who seemed pretty jazzed about the wall. It's now gone from being a diorama to a simple maquette and will probably cost more to boot.

What's really going to be the kicker is when they show the new bust base that is re designed to be more stable. Urgh.
Oh, snap. Hadn't even thought of that. If the new base matches the others and has some sort of mechanical design too... yeah, that's downright dirty.

Part of my decision to buy the first one was it's rarity. There are things I do not like about it but I knew it would appreciate in value over time. Lol! Shame on me.

Back