Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is the case, it makes absolutely no sense in reality. The weird thing is that they actually had to design and engineer a functional bracket to actually hold it should anybody call their bluff. That said, if they couldn't even get the DX bust to stand up securely, I'm not sure I'd trust their bracket to hold the entire statue up. :ROFLMAO:
No kidding. That bust is so poorly designed(very pretty though)

For those having issues with the bust and the way it balances, if you take off the felt circles on the bottom it is much more stable. You can place those felt circles along the right side, middle to back and it is even more stable.
JAWS, thank you for this suggestion, I tried this and it works perfectly. Well done.
Doh I forgot to mention.., Be careful when holding the bust. One of the tiny spines broke off.. 100% my fault. I was going to glue it back on but I can’t seem to find it.
Same exact thing happened to my DX. I had a heck of a time getting the foot/peg into the base. During manipulation, I snapped off a very small spine. Still looking for it, haha. Solved the fitment issue by using a Dremel and slightly grinding away a VERY thin amount of resin on the foot block in the spots where there was wear from the insertion/removal process of wrangling it into and out of the base trying to get it in.
I wonder why all of the recent SC pieces arrived in (mostly) intact condition.? Did something happen with the container that carrier the initial batches? I don't think P1 changed anything since people started receiving theirs.
I don't think they changed anything, I feel its just chance/dumb luck. My numbers are 14 and 64. Those are early batches. My Museum pose had zero damage. My DX had some paint wear on the forward knee, plus a tiny amount of wear on the very sharpest tip of the tail. I got lucky.

Attachments

• 2022-04-09 274.JPG
    2022-04-09 274.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 59
  • HipstamaticPhoto-671330342.805780.JPG
    HipstamaticPhoto-671330342.805780.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 57
  • HipstamaticPhoto-671330322.036755.JPG
    HipstamaticPhoto-671330322.036755.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 60
JAWS, thank you for this suggestion, I tried this and it works perfectly. Well done.

Same exact thing happened to my DX. I had a heck of a time getting the foot/peg into the base. During manipulation, I snapped off a very small spine. Still looking for it, haha. Solved the fitment issue by using a Dremel and slightly grinding away a VERY thin amount of resin on the foot block in the spots where there was wear from the insertion/removal process of wrangling it into and out of the base trying to get it in.

I don't think they changed anything, I feel its just chance/dumb luck. My numbers are 14 and 64. Those are early batches. My Museum pose had zero damage. My DX had some paint wear on the forward knee, plus a tiny amount of wear on the very sharpest tip of the tail. I got lucky.
No problem with the bust suggestion. Good to know it worked for you also.

as for the SC pieces coming in in better shape. I wonder if mine was inspected somewhere along the way. Both my brown shippers where open. The box with the alien body had the styrofoam packaging corners taped to the actual art box. My base still had a number taped to it also… I assume from QC. I could not tell if the tape on the styrofoam packaging was redone.

It was some of the worst looking boxes to hit my porch. Thought for sure there would be more issues than there were .

As for the statue itself. I went from really liking it to loving it today. I had trouble finding a good spot to place him yesterday and by the time I did I did not have time to fully appreciate it.

I also find that some of my fav pieces take a day or two for me to fully embrace.. Some of that may just be the guilt of paying high prices but then I get over that lol.

I think my Jungle Hunter 1/4 and XM Transformation Hulk are still my fav two but this piece is a very close 2nd. I think had I not owned so many Alien pieces over the years this would easily be number 1.

As for the statue itself. I went from really liking it to loving it today. I had trouble finding a good spot to place him yesterday and by the time I did I did not have time to fully appreciate it.

I also find that some of my fav pieces take a day or two for me to fully embrace.. Some of that may just be the guilt of paying high prices but then I get over that lol.

I think my Jungle Hunter 1/4 and XM Transformation Hulk are still my fav two but this piece is a very close 2nd. I think had I not owned so many Alien pieces over the years this would easily be number 1.
Oh buyers remorse is a real thing in this world. I mean this cost $2200 with shipping. That's a lot 🙃
But to me you're either commited to Alien or not. I canceled the bloodborne line for this piece. I set up lighting I got my room fully redecorated. I want this new Ripley but the 1/4 is really bothering me. And her face not being fully accurate. Also the first 3 films are all I care for and Aliens is my 3rd favorite. Sure it's her best performance. But something about the 79 and 92 Ripley just have me this emotional helplessness. If I knew prime1 was doing a 1/4 1979 Ripley I'd just wait for that. Probably a 0% chance of an Alien³ Ripley though.

Hello everyone, I seldom post here but always read and keep up with pieces being talked about that I myself had on order. From reading several posts, especially when the Big Chap started shipping, there was a lot of anxiety over damage to the piece. I just wanted to report that I finally received my Alien Big Chap yesterday and it arrived in perfect shape except for one of the small pieces that extends from his achilles. One of them I guess snapped off during transit but is very easily fixed as it was a clean break. I bought it straight from Prime 1 and it shipped January 25th according to tracking. The funny thing is that I was supposed to be notified once it arrived at dock here in California. Then I would have my Fedex tracking info updated accordingly. Yesterday all of a sudden I hear my door bell ring and the Fedex girl is standing outside with these two huge boxes and I automatically knew what it was. But I did not receive any updated tracking info or email prior. Im just glad it was a Sunday and I was home to receive them. Anyways, again just to relieve some concerns over extremely damaged statues, mine arrived perfectly minus that small break that I previously mentioned. Oh and by the way my statue is the regular where he is walking and stalking..lol..edition 15/100. One of the first ones they made. The statue is an absolute showstopper. Anyone waiting to receive it will be truly impressed!

It's great to see loads more are receiving their pieces now and can appreciate the awesomeness of this statue. It's sad to see some of the damages but at least they aren't too major.
I'm just trying to figure out if I like it more than the dog because of the newness. But I really think it's just an incredible piece. The size and the details. I think prime1 should learn from this as far as packaging goes and to replace parts. Even if they send like 4 around the world and get them back and analyze breakages to adjust packaging. They don't even need to paint them. Just a cast to see.
It's a tough call but I had to give it to the big chap in the end, I think it mainly comes down to it being the one from the movie I prefer and the humanoid version just looks creepier I find. I do think that the paintjob on it overall is better too, I think it looks more intricate.

For those having issues with the bust and the way it balances, if you take off the felt circles on the bottom it is much more stable. You can place those felt circles along the right side, middle to back and it is even more stable.
Ah good idea, I'll have to give this a go as I was worried about it toppling over, think I might try making a small custom base at the bottom of it so that it's pinned down, maybe rectangular like the dog alien bust.

My DX had some paint wear on the forward knee, plus a tiny amount of wear on the very sharpest tip of the tail. I got lucky.
Mine too had a few scuff marks on the tip of the tail but it's barely noticeable unless I have a light shining right on it.

The photo of the aliens together look terrific. I'm thinking of getting a sideshow warrior statue to go with the dog and big chap, would you say that it's nearly in scale with them?

Oh buyers remorse is a real thing in this world. I mean this cost $2200 with shipping. That's a lot 🙃
But to me you're either commited to Alien or not. I canceled the bloodborne line for this piece. I set up lighting I got my room fully redecorated. I want this new Ripley but the 1/4 is really bothering me. And her face not being fully accurate. Also the first 3 films are all I care for and Aliens is my 3rd favorite. Sure it's her best performance. But something about the 79 and 92 Ripley just have me this emotional helplessness. If I knew prime1 was doing a 1/4 1979 Ripley I'd just wait for that. Probably a 0% chance of an Alien³ Ripley though.
$2200, $300 or $100 I always feel a twinge of buyer's remorse as these are not life essentials. Plus I am 51 years old so I know I probably wont care about any of this in 20 years. Ill be more worried about how many times I got to get up and use the bathroom :lol

But I will continue to enjoy collecting for now.

I can see one day just selling everything, but the P1 Alien and Predator will stay in the family :)

Closer to $3500 here! I envy you guys sometimes. So mine has shipped with two different companies. The biggest box via UPS who have been great so far, lots of coms, a quick duty invoice and an intention to deliver tomorrow afternoon.

The second box is via USPS who have zero communication, and so far as I can tell without paying them for more detailed tracking info. That box is still sitting in America waiting for them to release it. At least I should have half a statue soon...

Closer to $3500 here! I envy you guys sometimes. So mine has shipped with two different companies. The biggest box via UPS who have been great so far, lots of coms, a quick duty invoice and an intention to deliver tomorrow afternoon.

The second box is via USPS who have zero communication, and so far as I can tell without paying them for more detailed tracking info. That box is still sitting in America waiting for them to release it. At least I should have half a statue soon...
Did you not order from UK place cos they all sold out before you could?
Piece like this I would never want to have it shipped international via usual UPS or FedEx!

All this packaging issue and broken pieces from Prime 1 has me concerned now AGAIN for the 1/3 Predator Jungle Hunter. I just watched the Xtreme Channel do an unboxing for the Prime 1 Assassin Predator and that thing had a lot of breakage. Not sure what’s going on with P1 but damn is this concerning for there big pieces going forward.

$2200, $300 or $100 I always feel a twinge of buyer's remorse as these are not life essentials. Plus I am 51 years old so I know I probably wont care about any of this in 20 years. Ill be more worried about how many times I got to get up and use the bathroom :lol

But I will continue to enjoy collecting for now.

I can see one day just selling everything, but the P1 Alien and Predator will stay in the family :)
Look you can sell these in 15 years and have a nice little chunk. I'll definitely be into it still as of 20 years. Not sure if there will be other statue variations.

Oh that's rough. Collecting is so expensive. No joke.

The photo of the aliens together look terrific. I'm thinking of getting a sideshow warrior statue to go with the dog and big chap, would you say that it's nearly in scale with them?
Do you mean this Sideshow Warrior? It seems to be roughly in-scale with the P1 Dog and Big Chap. If I recall correctly, the Warrior was/is smaller than the Big Chap in the movies, so I might stand to reason that even at the same scale, they'll always be slightly smaller. Both the Dog and Sideshow Warrior heads are roughly 10.5 inches long, whereas the P1 Big Chap head is about a foot long. It's difficult to compare in photos, as well bc the Dog bust sits lower than the Big Chap (second photo). The Sideshow Warrior head might be a bit more narrow, as compared to the dog's head. Also, for what it's worth, the Coolprops Big Chap is also roughly 10.5 inches long, whereas the Mamegyorai Big Chap is as big as the P1....

Attachments

• HipstamaticPhoto-671330322.036755.JPG
    HipstamaticPhoto-671330322.036755.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 31
  • HipstamaticPhoto-671415352.831431.JPG
    HipstamaticPhoto-671415352.831431.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 31
Back