Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doh I forgot to mention.., Be careful when holding the bust. One of the tiny spines broke off.. 100% my fault. I was going to glue it back on but I can’t seem to find it.
Spines? I put the bust on museum putty to stop from tipping

All in one piece. And not going to lie, it is shockingly impressive. The paint apps looks so good in hand. The teeth actually look fantastic. I'm kinda in awe. It has such a formidable presence the dog is actually having a hard time keeping up. I'm suprised tbh. The dome is easily the best of all the Alien statues every produced. Number 14/250
That’s awesome!!! I got the regular version and mine was number 14/100

Both of mine arrived today (SC). I had wound up ordering both the Museum and the Action. So far I've only inspected the Museum, and it miraculously arrived in perfect shape, despite the brown shippers looking ravaged and the bottom portion of the Styrofoam (by the Alien's feet) busted out, as though it were dropped hard on-end. Big sigh of relief. Now on to inspection of the DX.
Great decision on getting both. If I could go back I would probably get the museum pose as well with my action. This statue is truly remarkable.

What a good news guys!! REALLY HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU!! Congratulations and enjoy it!!! Its an incredible piece.

Congratulations to all who received their statues undamaged. Funnily enough, I recently saw images of the Prime 1 action pose up against the old Sideshow big chap and it made me realise how truly huge the statue is and that I probably would'nt have had any room for it anyway! I would welcome a smaller big chap from P1 though.

All in one piece. And not going to lie, it is shockingly impressive. The paint apps looks so good in hand. The teeth actually look fantastic. I'm kinda in awe. It has such a formidable presence the dog is actually having a hard time keeping up. I'm suprised tbh. The dome is easily the best of all the Alien statues every produced. Number 14/250

Both of mine arrived today (SC). I had wound up ordering both the Museum and the Action. So far I've only inspected the Museum, and it miraculously arrived in perfect shape, despite the brown shippers looking ravaged and the bottom portion of the Styrofoam (by the Alien's feet) busted out, as though it were dropped hard on-end. Big sigh of relief. Now on to inspection of the DX. :sick

Number 95 arrived today in 99.5% perfect condition.

Had a clean break with the bone that comes off his heel. Easy fix good as new.

For those having issues with the bust and the way it balances, if you take off the felt circles on the bottom it is much more stable. You can place those felt circles along the right side, middle to back and it is even more stable.

The piece is pretty amazing. Really has some presence. I might try and figure out how to hand some chains from my ceiling around it lol.

Congratulations all, it's nice to see most of these arriving safely. And even better to hear such glowing opinions from you all. For all of their faults, it looks like Prime 1 really delivered with this one.

Congratulations all, it's nice to see most of these arriving safely. And even better to hear such glowing opinions from you all. For all of their faults, it looks like Prime 1 really delivered with this one.
This is my 5th Prime 1 piece. This is the only one I have had issues with. Hopefully they live and learn when it comes to the packaging of other pieces

On last thing.. Be careful when putting on the heads… the magnet grabbed mine and I think a small piece of the lower neck chipped off. It could have came that way, but I don’t remember. Just passing the word along. Here is pic. Put a little paint on. I could probably fix but you can’t see it really in person unless you shine a light on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 55
On last thing.. Be careful when putting on the heads… the magnet grabbed mine and I think a small piece of the lower neck chipped off. It could have came that way, but I don’t remember. Just passing the word along. Here is pic. Put a little paint on. I could probably fix but you can’t see it really in person unless you shine a light on it.
Stop breaking your statue pls. It's giving me anxiety 😂

Thank you for all of the tips. This will be my third Prime 1 piece to arrive, the other two are both fantastic and this looks to be an entirely other level still...
I'm just trying to figure out if I like it more than the dog because of the newness. But I really think it's just an incredible piece. The size and the details. I think prime1 should learn from this as far as packaging goes and to replace parts. Even if they send like 4 around the world and get them back and analyze breakages to adjust packaging. They don't even need to paint them. Just a cast to see.

I'm just trying to figure out if I like it more than the dog because of the newness. But I really think it's just an incredible piece. The size and the details. I think prime1 should learn from this as far as packaging goes and to replace parts. Even if they send like 4 around the world and get them back and analyze breakages to adjust packaging. They don't even need to paint them. Just a cast to see.
The Big Chap is a movie icon from, by far, the best movie in the series. That reason alone, would be more than enough for me. We're drawn to these pieces because of our love for the characters and the aesthetics behind the design.

I wonder why all of the recent SC pieces arrived in (mostly) intact condition.? Did something happen with the container that carrier the initial batches? I don't think P1 changed anything since people started receiving theirs.

Every company should have replacement parts. That part is inexcusable. Customer service is P1's greatest flaw.

Look I'm gonna say it. Who tf would ever hang this on a wall?? 🤣🤣🤣 it is so heavy and massive. I mean. Someone is going to do it. I need to know.

I don't get why they made this one so heavy. The City Hunter I can imagine, since he's only around 30 lbs. This is twice that.

Did the wall art concept come first or did they decide to make it mountable after the initial design was done?

I don't get why they made this one so heavy. The City Hunter I can imagine, since he's only around 30 lbs. This is twice that.

Did the wall art concept come first or did they decide to make it mountable after the initial design was done?
Yeah I dont get it either.
If its meant to be wall mountable its counter productive to make it so heavy lol
Anyone just displaying it without the wall attached? Could look good with just the base I think.

Yeah I dont get it either.
If its meant to be wall mountable its counter productive to make it so heavy lol
Anyone just displaying it without the wall attached? Could look good with just the base I think.
The actual base component is incredibly heavy. The wall itself is light. It's completely hollow. Probably designed this way for functional reasons.
Wasn't the concensus that the "wall art" feature was just a license work-around thing?

The Alien itself is crazy heavy too. The whole thing is 77 lbs with the bust. I mean I'm okay with weight. I just want to know what the "wall mounting" parts were.

The actual base component is incredibly heavy. The wall itself is light. It's completely hollow. Probably designed this way for functional reasons.
Wasn't the concensus that the "wall art" feature was just a license work-around thing?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is the case, it makes absolutely no sense in reality. The weird thing is that they actually had to design and engineer a functional bracket to actually hold it should anybody call their bluff. That said, if they couldn't even get the DX bust to stand up securely, I'm not sure I'd trust their bracket to hold the entire statue up. :ROFLMAO:

Back