Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is absolutely wrong. I ordered the regular version specifically for the closed mouth only and now it looks halfway opened with the jaw not even looking like it fits properly. If this is in fact what we receive then P1 will be hearing from me. I am surprise the people who ordered the DX aren’t commenting more on this. You basically paid extra for a half open mouth and a full opened mouth when you are supposed to be getting a closed and open. I will eagerly wait to see more in hand pictures but damn if this isn’t concerning.

That’s clearly a mistake (we have already seen a perfectly closed mouth version) and for that reason I wrote Prime1 asking for an explanation and to tell them that how it could happen with such a low edition and whit a quality control??
I will post their asneer as soon they reply me. Thanks.
By the way, ehat will you do joern.ishikawa? Will you keep it or will you ask for a replacement?

That’s clearly a mistake (we have already seen a perfectly closed mouth version) and for that reason I wrote Prime1 asking for an explanation and to tell them that how it could happen with such a low edition and whit a quality control??
I will post their asneer as soon they reply me. Thanks.
By the way, ehat will you do joern.ishikawa? Will you keep it or will you ask for a replacement?
Hmm, having the mouth more closed would differentiate it more from the other head. But even as they are now, they still look different enough to me.
Also, the lower jaw doesn't look wrongly glued together. More like one piece put on top of it might have moved down too much but will have to check more and then decide.

And I am curious of course what Prime 1 will say...

On my opinion although your figure looks awesome, a perfectly closed mouth version it’s needed in the big chap. It’s like the smile of fear🤣.
About the jaw, I don’t know if it’s the photo but if you look at the tendons, there is no conitinuity between them (someone drew a circle on them).
We will see what prime 1 asnwers but I think that if this is a mistake (that I think it is), you will regret not asking for the closed mouth head. Also I don’t think you will hace to destroy your figure or send it back, I imagin they will send you just the head…but let’s see…
Thanks again for all the pictures and videos!

This is clearly a mistake. If I were you @joern.ishikawa I would really consider contacting P1 and getting some answers on this because you paid a lot and waited an eternity to get it. I can’t believe this got past QC.

Attachments

• B57D03A6-5A21-4615-B217-556FE51F7A2C.jpeg
    B57D03A6-5A21-4615-B217-556FE51F7A2C.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 136
The other pics posted on Prime 1 Facebook don't show that jaw issue.

Man, these factories are really brutal. I don't care what anyone says, but regardless of the cost of the statue, you're getting the same level of quality.

This is truly a spectacular piece. Too bad it is out of my budget cause I already ordered the 1/3 JH and I am waiting for a high end T2 piece to be announced. Congrats guys it turned out fantastic!

This is truly a spectacular piece. Too bad it is out of my budget cause I already ordered the 1/3 JH and I am waiting for a high end T2 piece to be announced. Congrats guys it turned out fantastic!
100%
This is a keeper and I wish I owned it.

At least they nailed the paint apps on this one. Guess I can expect them to do an Alien right. Predator, on the other hand...
Let's hope they get it right on the 1/3, they've had more than enough practice on other preds. When it comes to prime 1, I'm never worried about the sculpt but am worried about their paint apps, they can be so hit and miss.

Many thanks for the new video. So nice from You.

They picture close up from the left side shows even more clear it was glued wrong. Hope this is not a regular. Looks wrong and makes the chin move even more forward. Would be a shame.

But another thing. OMG! You have the Mamegyorai Big Chap as well!? Amazing.

Would be so super cool to see a side by side of the Prime1 and that one.

Again, many thanks for Your efforts.

Hey Joern! Thanks a lot for the new video! What a great Alien collection do you have!! I have seen the Mamegyorai and also an alien dog bust next to the Prime 1’s chap?:). Which one do you like the most??:)
About the close up picture, I wouldn’t say it looks “very wrong”. Something is off with the tendons and the lips (there should be a continuity between them) and that affects to the facial expression of the alien itself. If you look close to the mamegyorai head, i’m sure you will see the difference. Closed mouth is so iconical for me to pass on it. I bought the dx just because the regular version was sold out.
If I can ask something more, could you please take a video not from the top but from the eyes level and from this side of the figure? Then could you move to a front view of it? I will display mine on that position and I would like to see how it looks in real haha. Still I’m impressed for your last pictures with the shadows…

Many thanks for the new video. So nice from You.

They picture close up from the left side shows even more clear it was glued wrong. Hope this is not a regular. Looks wrong and makes the chin move even more forward. Would be a shame.

But another thing. OMG! You have the Mamegyorai Big Chap as well!? Amazing.

Would be so super cool to see a side by side of the Prime1 and that one.

Again, many thanks for Your efforts.
Well, living in Japan has its advantages. Prices are cheaper and free shipping ;)

Back