Statue Prime 1 Terminator Endoskeleton statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a shame. Don't show one thing and then ship something different. Prototype differences versus production should be very minor, not significant changes to the pose that affect the overall aesthetic of the piece. That $50 credit towards future purchases makes it a wash though!

I personally don't mind a bit of an extra lean, but definitely very concerned about the stability of the statue over time. I got this on pre-order from Secret Compass. I really hope this all works out. Prime 1 needs to look into this.

That photo of the two comparison shots was taken at different perspectives. You will notice the base and legs (and the little bar on the base) hasn't been aligned correctly in the photo so whilst there is a lean on both we don't know for sure the extent, as the endo pose looks different as you rotate the base. For proper comparison the angle of the base, legs, need to be aligned. SilentSurfer has already mentioned (and I agree with him) that when assembling it is best to test the legs and place each leg in the hole first (you will need to pull them out again to connect to torso later as the leg and torso can only be put down on base in one piece together) just to see how each leg sit without the additional weight. If pegs are fully submerged and both feet are flat from heel to toe, then you are good to go. If not you need to lower it very carefully with the torso. I think the snap toes... the feet may not have been flat, so possibly when placed down (with the torso connected) the initial push to get the pegs in and additional weight might have weakend the toes which eventually snapped off.

IMO, it shouldn't be on us to try to get the perspectives right and match our photos with their prototype. THEY made the change, THEY should be the ones to show exactly what was changed and by how much.

I think you miss my point, it's not trying to match our photos with the original photos, it's trying to make a consistent comparison (by this, the angle of the shot needs to be close in both) to assess how much it differs from the original photos that way we understand how much it differs and how significant it is. We don't have then original statue to observe and play with so can only based it of their photos. The endo lean and stance, differs as you rotate it, as the position of it's head, shoulder, knees and legs change. So it will not be a proper comparison unless all those are aligned (for example you wouldn't compare it face front to the side front etc) and even the perspective of height angle can change how it looks. But I agree if they make it like how it should be we all wouldn't be having this headache.

They messed this up. No doubt about it. The only question is how they gonna handle it. So far they are pulling out the corporate BS.

I suspect a similar email response will come my way. That's pretty crappy of them to say THEY don't have a problem with the lean, and then deny the toes broke loose because of it. I can assure you, the toes on mine are under a lot of pressure, too. I'm surprised they aren't broken yet.

In fact, even in one of the videos of Prime's proto on display at some show, you can see the same toes broken there.

I have a feeling it'll be up to me to fix this thing. Just not sure how much I can do with it played.

I will probably cancel mine. Luckily I have a great friend who will help me with that. I will wait a little more since I have around 1,5-2 months until arrival. It is heartbreaking for me. It is not the end of the world or anything but I am a huge fan and this was a huge piece for me. I never owned a staue at this premium level and I wanted a great endoskeleton since I was a kid. And now what Prime is doing is yeah... unethical unacceptable disgusting at every way. Makes me question my future purchases from them. I already paid the jungle and city hunter. Hopefully those will be alright. But this endo was the number one for me.

Sorry to hear, I know you must feel pretty down but hope you can hang on. Similar to you I liked the endo when I was a kid after watching the movie and the closest thing I had to it was when my dad brought me the T2 gameboy game, never did I thought I could own one of these. I didn't want Hcg half scale and the sideshow full scale as they were too inaccurate and so when I saw this I was super excited. I hope P1 can resolve this for everyone that had issues with their endo, esp yours SilentSurfer. I think this piece gonna vary, some will be good, some ok and some unacceptable, there must be some good ones out there.

I hope so. I was really looking forward to this one. Be ashamed to have to cancel the order.

What someone was saying on another forum about Prime 1 Studio's quality control and engineering issues are so true, especially as of late. My last two Prime 1 pieces both had some minor issues. Transformers Barricade...one of the legs just won't fully go into the slot on the torso. It goes in about 90%, but not all the way. My Dark Knight Rises Bale statue....the head angle was a bit off. Almost on a slight tilt (when the particular portrait should be 100% straight). I didn't complain about it, cause it doesn't look bad or anything. I've seen other collector's Batmans, and mines is the only one that has a slight head tilt. This has been a pattern of Prime 1 lately.

Sorry to hear, I know you must feel pretty down but hope you can hang on. Similar to you I liked the endo when I was a kid after watching the movie and the closest thing I had to it was when my dad brought me the T2 gameboy game, never did I thought I could own one of these. I didn't want Hcg half scale and the sideshow full scale as they were too inaccurate and so when I saw this I was super excited. I hope P1 can resolve this for everyone that had issues with their endo, esp yours SilentSurfer. I think this piece gonna vary, some will be good, some ok and some unacceptable, there must be some good ones out there.

I will be okay for sure and thank you for the kind words Dundee I appreciate it. Hopefully in the future some other company will make a high end endoskeleton.

Darkside Collectibles Studio working on their T2 line in 1/3. Their 1/4 T2 Arnold with the Harley is almost released. Their Sarah so far looks great (but we will see the final product of course) and they working on their 1/3 T-800 Arnold and T-1000 and hopefully (not confirmed) on the T2 endoskeleton as well.

Honestly if all is like that I don't see Prime 1 making this right cause it is not a small but a huge design mistake. They have to recall everything and fix them fully but this is what they should do otherwise their reputation will get a lot worse. People are already canceling this big time...so maybe this will do something. So as I said I will wait a little more but if nothing happens I am gonna cancel it. I don't need a piece which is this expensive and will eventually lean more and even break. Honestly I cannot understand how did they make this mistake...or if it is intended why did they changed the original concept...it just causes problems at every way.

That sounds like production issues, as they get the detailing and crafting of the pieces good but producing consistently is another story.

Transformer statues look far more complicated (the pieces, sculpt and sometimes pose) but something like getting the angle of the joints right should be simple. Now that you mention it, my right leg was quite hard to push, the square might have been a little uneven yet the left leg went in perfectly.

A straight pose is a lot more simple like the life size endos, but they make the endo look bored and lifeless (chronicle collectibles life size genisys one whilst a pretty sculpt is tied to a post stand and looks like a dummy). The pose sold me on this one, as it looks very dynamic and lively, cool looking from all angles, if it just stood straight like the other half size hcg and life size sideshow endos I would have passed on it.

I will be okay for sure and thank you for the kind words Dundee I appreciate it. Hopefully in the future some other company will make a high end endoskeleton.

Darkside Collectibles Studio working on their T2 line in 1/3. Their 1/4 T2 Arnold with the Harley is almost released. Their Sarah so far looks great (but we will see the final product of course) and they working on their 1/3 T-800 Arnold and T-1000 and hopefully (not confirmed) on the T2 endoskeleton as well.

Honestly if all is like that I don't see Prime 1 making this right cause it is not a small but a huge design mistake. They have to recall everything and fix them fully but this is what they should do otherwise their reputation will get a lot worse. People are already canceling this big time...so maybe this will do something. So as I said I will wait a little more but if nothing happens I am gonna cancel it. I don't need a piece which is this expensive and will eventually lean more and even break. Honestly I cannot understand how did they make this mistake...or if it is intended why did they changed the original concept...it just causes problems at every way.

They are saying it's intentional but we are questioning it because it makes no sense. I watch the videos and pictures of the prototype in 2018 and 2019, not sure if it's just me but even the prototype looks a bit different to each other, with early versions in Feb 2018 standing a bit too straight and the mid to end 2018 looking better. 2019 one (next to human Arnie, looks to be just about the right balance).

You guys have a good point...it's pretty un-realistic for them to have a real fix for this. They'd have to basically re-work/modify every single piece and it's too late now since they've already been produced. They would never endure that kind of cost for a real fix. For those that are still getting this, let's hope the lean isn't bad to a point where the thing is going to tip over or break.

They got the endo pretty much dead right in 2019, there is a video of it next to Arnie on youtube. If they mass produced starting from end of the year in 2019 or even 2020 I'm thinking did covid affect the factory and this in turn affected the quality.

I agree it would not be feasible to go back to the drawing board and re do the lot but ones that look very different or is less than 100cm or other major issue such as damage to toes they should definitely provide full support and resolve the issues otherwise people will lose faith and avoid their products.

You guys have a good point...it's pretty un-realistic for them to have a real fix for this. They'd have to basically re-work/modify every single piece and it's too late now since they've already been produced. They would never endure that kind of cost for a real fix. For those that are still getting this, let's hope the lean isn't bad to a point where the thing is going to tip over or break.

Yeah I don't have a fate in this. I guess we will see how this will turn out as more and more people will get theirs.

Dundee the prototype was pretty much dead on and perfect. This is why I bought it.

This is just perfection...too bad about the final product:

Both of them have a perfect balance (also they look the same IMO). They look great. Great pose, details (that includes the teeth which they changed for the worse also). Fantastic looking piece overall.

If I ever decide to get this(good discount) I would attach a strong fishing line between his back and the wall so the leaning would not get worse

Back