Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some Info from shop in Japan they told me the ES 2000 is for worldwide including Japan also 500 EX
My guess we don't how many EX Sideshow got maybe low or high from the 500EX.

The matrix EX is pretty rare only available some shop in Asia especially in Hong kong ES 100 to 200 my guess

By the way transformers. Asia are very popular from what I heard Optimus Prime sold like crazy over there .
the shotgun ex is selling premium price after it sold-out.

I think you guys are getting confused. Prime 1 are selling through sideshow, but not giving them access to the whole batch. More likely sideshow got maybe a hundred , maybe less and their allocation has sold out.

Think about it. You think sideshow shifted 500 2 grand statues in 24 hours !

Also a lot of west Aussies here! Yeah deedzy, I ordered through popcultcha too.

I think you guys are getting confused. Prime 1 are selling through sideshow, but not giving them access to the whole batch. More likely sideshow got maybe a hundred , maybe less and their allocation has sold out.

Think about it. You think sideshow shifted 500 2 grand statues in 24 hours !

Also a lot of west Aussies here! Yeah deedzy, I ordered through popcultcha too.

Yeah 500 EX and 2000 Regular worldwide makes more sense to me. But why would prime1 put 150 ES for Japan on their site? And why there is also a different EX for hong kong? Will all EX have /500 on the base? This is too confusing.

Btw not that matters cause I am just glad I got my ex order and this statue is fantastic regardless the number on the bottom but not gonna lie I would prefer smaller ES especially with this kind of price. Nobody would prefer losing money than getting a little money back or at least break even just incase you have to sell it to whatever reasons.

Never thought I would sell my Sideshow OP but now I might want to sell it.

Well either way, 2500 is prolly 1500 too many IMO . Can't see these keeping their value except for that Matrix ex.

Yeah 500 EX and 2000 Regular worldwide makes more sense to me. But why would prime1 put 150 ES for Japan on their site? And why there is also a different EX for hong kong? Will all EX have /500 on the base? This is too confusing.

Btw not that matters cause I am just glad I got my ex order and this statue is fantastic regardless the number on the bottom but not gonna lie I would prefer smaller ES especially with this kind of price. Nobody would prefer losing money than getting a little money back or at least break even just incase you have to sell it to whatever reasons.

The SS piece might be a bargain at 1200 now. I remember a lot of people thought 1200 was crazy for that, yet prime is selling theirs for over a grand more.

I told last post ES for Japan should be different due the licensing own by Takara Tomy not Hasbro
so the base number sheet will be different.

Anyway for other members on this forum if you like Optimus you should get the regular
pretty much it will Sold-out at this rate.

Just ordered regular one from local retailer for $2150 shipped.(shipping is only $33!!)

Re: Prime 1 studio - Optimus Prime (official pictures page 1)

These guys should really do some G1 designs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well either way, 2500 is prolly 1500 too many IMO . Can't see these keeping their value except for that Matrix ex.

They will hold easily, most statues hold their value. Whether they go vastly over or not is anyone's guess but people shouldn't be shelling out thousands for a number. Just means you are buying it for the wrong reasons.

They will hold easily, most statues hold their value. Whether they go vastly over or not is anyone's guess but people shouldn't be shelling out thousands for a number. Just means you are buying it for the wrong reasons.

:goodpost:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I really wonder why some people collect these things. Is it for their own personal enjoyment, a sense of exclusivity or both?

All I know is that this will look kick *** in my theater room next to Megatron.

Re: Prime 1 studio - Optimus Prime (official pictures page 1)

These guys should really do some G1 designs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Infinity already does. be cool if prime1 was this big.

client damion 01.jpg

:goodpost:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I really wonder why some people collect these things. Is it for their own personal enjoyment, a sense of exclusivity or both?

All I know is that this will look kick *** in my theater room next to Megatron.

be interesting to see ebay prices in a few years. 5k plus????

Not trying to open up an old debate but, of course the ES matters, especially at this price point. If SS had a disclaimer on their order page that said buyers could potentially lose half of what they paid upon delivery of the item, would you still spend $2300 just because it looks cool? Or just wait to buy it second hand to save thousands? Pretty sure you'll go with the second option.

I've said it a million times in the past, in this hobby you have to have part passion, part investor sense. With four known pieces confirmed for this line at 2k+ each you better treat it as an investment. Adding up potential losses across the entirety of the line would be enough to make people sick.

With that said however, I believe the value of these pieces will hold even with a 2500 ES. If these were all open edition at these prices I'd call you all crazy.

Chris

Not trying to open up an old debate but, of course the ES matters, especially at this price point. If SS had a disclaimer on their order page that said buyers could potentially lose half of what they paid upon delivery of the item, would you still spend $2300 just because it looks cool? Or just wait to buy it second hand to save thousands? Pretty sure you'll go with the second option.

I've said it a million times in the past, in this hobby you have to have part passion, part investor sense. With four known pieces confirmed for this line at 2k+ each you better treat it as an investment. Adding up potential losses across the entirety of the line would be enough to make people sick.

With that said however, I believe the value of these pieces will hold even with a 2500 ES. If these were all open edition at these prices I'd call you all crazy.

Chris

mite be able to tell by megatron ebay prices by the time this comes out. maybe??

With that said however, I believe the value of these pieces will hold even with a 2500 ES. If these were all open edition at these prices I'd call you call crazy.

Chris

I respectfully disagree.

I think the nature of this hobby itself provides exclusivity. To be blunt, there just aren't that many people wanting to or willing to spend this amount of money on a statue.

For example Wetas Sauron statue. They made a massive amount of those I believe but years later they have held their value or increased because of the quality of the product itself and in spite of the amount produced.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree.

I think the nature of this hobby itself provides exclusivity. To be blunt there just aren't that many people wanting to or willing to spend this amount of money on a statue.

For example Wetas Sauron statue. They made a massive amount of those I believe but years later they are have held their value or increased because of the quality of the product itself and in spite of the amount produced.

very true. ive noticed in a lot of transformers figures and other movie statues that if it is quality and movie accurate that ppl will pay top dollar to own it. a high price isn't always a deterrent.

Back