Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some Info from shop in Japan they told me the ES 2000 is for worldwide including Japan also 500 EX
My guess we don't how many EX Sideshow got maybe low or high from the 500EX.

Yeah maybe sideshow just got a cut of the 500 EX? I can't see them sell 500 of these in 1 day.

I think a lot of people are hoping to flip this ex. I really can't imagine this selling out so fast at that price. It's pretty ridiculous actually, when the ex is just a smaller gun than the one he already has. Transformers has a big following, but so do a lot of the marvel characters that are available at 2k or less and those defn haven't sold that many units. Sounds fishy, maybe that 500 is combined with one of those 150 exclusives.

i think majority chose to order this because the ex is limited to 500 worldwide, SS might carry 100-150 of that 500 exclusive,, when everyone here kepting posting that they had ordered , i think others just panicked and didnt want to miss out, some maybe hoping even if they dont want it, could possible flip it in the future for a profit, it wont be possible with 2000 Es worldwide reg edition.

An ES of 500 on the EX worldwide ain't that high when you consider how popular Transformers are (and the success of the film series) and how little actual quality statues of the movie figures there are. It's not a Marvel or DC or Star Wars where there is a tonne of high quality stuff out there.

Plus, these are not easy things to actually produce, I mean look at the thing, they gotta work for their money here. If you are waiting for a better movie Optimus, well what are the odds someone will make one of a higher quality for a lower price? it's not that easy.

htof.jpg

ibb5.jpg

Yep, TF is very popular in Asia and look how many people live there! 2500 shared worldwide is a fair number so that most people can order 1. The price won't stop people either. The reason the pre-order date is so far away to give collectors time to prepare and finance this beast, and also for Prime1 to start preparing their orders like crazy! I be selling some stuff on my way to get there.

Not trying to open up an old debate but, of course the ES matters, especially at this price point. If SS had a disclaimer on their order page that said buyers could potentially lose half of what they paid upon delivery of the item, would you still spend $2300 just because it looks cool? Or just wait to buy it second hand to save thousands? Pretty sure you'll go with the second option.

Chris

How many times have you waited now for an ES and missed out? :lol (jokes)

Numbers matter if it get's super ridiculous to the point of 10,000s but really most of these statue's warrant at least their original value, especially high quality popular lines. I think these companies do their homework, we as collectors I've found on the forums actually tend to get it more wrong than we do right.

Also here's the thing that the guy's buying the exclusives don't really understand and no one ever thinks about -

For your super dooper exclusive to become "exclusive" the regular also has to sell out. Mind blowing right? It's a win/win or lose/lose scenario for both party's. Think about it. You think that little shotgun he comes with guarantee's you better money? Fat chance when you pop your exclusive up on Ebay for 5 gizzilion dollars and you can still get the regular for retail or the guy down the street is selling his regular for $2000. If anything it only guarantee's you a tiny touch more in the event the statue flops.

I think that's were SS make a lot of money personally, they hook you into thinking that the extra "backback" some how makes your item more sought after than the others. It's not, it's just more valuable when you can't get the statue at all anymore. Look how fast this sold out, some people it seems didn't even know what they were buying into, they just seen less than 10 left and crapped themselves. :lol

For me the EX makes no difference, its the same price anyway, lol. So you might as well order the EX than a REG? Makes perfect sense to me. So taking that into account its the same price I ordered the EX :) Regardless if people think the shotgun is ***** or not, I rather have a shotgun than no shotgun lol

For me the EX makes no difference, its the same price anyway, lol. So you might as well order the EX than a REG? Makes perfect sense to me. So taking that into account its the same price I ordered the EX :) Regardless if people think the shotgun is ***** or not, I rather have a shotgun than no shotgun lol

Of course and you'd be insane to jump on the reg if you could get the EX for the same. Point still stands though that getting the EX doesn't make your purchase bullet proof nor does it somehow protect you from the statue having a certain edition size. It's just tiny bit of security.

For me it's not worth paying $300-$400 more put it that way.

Yeah ur 100% you put me in eBay a year from now with an Ex for 4000, and the regular at 3000. I think unless I hit the jackpot I'm going to go with the regular. Yeah the shot gun looks sweet but not to much of a big deal and yeah to flip this in 2 years or do everyone will have to sell out. How many they have 2000. Regulars an 50 EX that is a high number, megatron is at 500 and still didn't sell out. Yeah he is different then prime but to me he looks way better then prime only thing different prime will look pretty much the same to years to come so the statue will hold it's dollar. Would like to see how megatron holds up in years to come...

No ones going to pay a fortune for that Ex with 500 floating about and 2,000 Regs.

The ES didn't seem to go down too well...
Maybe with the potential flippers?

With the price tag so expensive already, wonder how much can you really flip this guy for? Are there that many buyers that are willing to spend another grand just for the extra shotgun :dunno

:goodpost:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I really wonder why some people collect these things. Is it for their own personal enjoyment, a sense of exclusivity or both?

All I know is that this will look kick *** in my theater room next to Megatron.

I also plan on displaying him in my theatre room :hi5:.... I would hope most are buying for personal enjoyment :)

Of course and you'd be insane to jump on the reg if you could get the EX for the same. Point still stands though that getting the EX doesn't make your purchase bullet proof nor does it somehow protect you from the statue having a certain edition size. It's just tiny bit of security.

For me it's not worth paying $300-$400 more put it that way.

You already made this quite clear you don't want the EX edition. Not everyone is from Australia and have to pay $300-$400 more and you need to take that into account. Your repeated posts and views on the EX appears an attempt for you to feel better you ordered the REG and want others to follow. No one has said there is anything wrong with the REG so you can stop defending your decision and be happy everyone has an opportunity to order this, EX or REG. With any big release collectors are always going to go crazy for an EX, just the way it is. So how about showing a little more impartially in your posts?

You are in this for the wrong reasons.

You are in this for the right reasons.

I don't think there is a right or wrong reason. Everyone has their own reasons to collect. Every collector is different from one and another.

Buying Polystone as an investment, to sell to genuine collectors for a profit, is wrong in my opinion.

(I am only able to give my opinion so please excuse me if I don't end everything I say with 'imo')

You already made this quite clear you don't want the EX edition. Not everyone is from Australia and have to pay $300-$400 more and you need to take that into account. Your repeated posts and views on the EX appears an attempt for you to feel better you ordered the REG and want others to follow. No one has said there is anything wrong with the REG so you can stop defending your decision and be happy everyone has an opportunity to order this, EX or REG. With any big release collectors are always going to go crazy for an EX, just the way it is. So how about showing a little more impartially in your posts?

Pot calling the kettle black. He's didn't say that at all. He agreed with you and said the EX is the way to go if you are able to get it. His posts were aimed at another Aussie who would have been up for a substantial amount more and was asking for advice.

You want him to show impartiality when posting? How about you show some comprehension when reading the posts?

Pot calling the kettle black. He's didn't say that at all. He agreed with you and said the EX is the way to go if you are able to get it. His posts were aimed at another Aussie who would have been up for a substantial amount more and was asking for advice.

You want him to show impartiality when posting? How about you show some comprehension when reading the posts?

I was referring to a mojority of his posts, if you go back read most of his posts refer to his personal dislike of the EX, not just a simple opinion. Let people decide what they want to order.

Buying Polystone as an investment, to sell to genuine collectors for a profit, is wrong in my opinion.

(I am only able to give my opinion so please excuse me if I don't end everything I say with 'imo')

If you a referring to as a business point of view, to order a batch so it goes OOS and then re-sell in the black market, I can see your views on that, not morally ethical. I've been in that position before, something went OOS and had to pay double the price on ebay to a seller with like 10+ :(

Back