Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Akham Knight - Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
allow me to clarify about the plastic comment..it doesnt, in terms of its appearance, look ANY different whatsoever than the parts that are scuplted/polystone. It was just that to me, in-hand, it felt cheap tbh. I dont have a problem with companies using plastic or pvc or whathaveyou, (though I prefer fully scuplted/mixed media), it was just a let-down to have this great big base, and this great big body and then snap on, flimsy-ish plastic pieces. Im a HUGE bats fan and am incredibly picky as well. I've had pieces where one thing doesnt sit right with me and then I make one small change and then its another and another. I dont mind doing that for a 3/4 hundred dollar piece but for $800 and up it better come right. Even if it was just the face repaint I probably wouldve kept it but in-hand I didnt love it and I know theres SO many more bats coming, which I bet will look equally awesome in pics and have more dynamic poses, so why not?

Am I being too **** about wanting a replacement or to return this? The magnet keeps pushing the chest piece left away from the center. The top of the head is scuffed. Third his rib plate which should be all black is chipped in two places.
batmanhead.jpg
batmanscuff.jpg
batmannotcenter.jpg

That's tough call. The two chips are very small, you can easily touch those up with a black marker, I've done that on much worse. Don't' color in the chip, just dap a small dot in the center and rub it in with you finger. Do that 2-3 times moving outward and it should easily cover up those small chips.

As for the chest, it has some play in it, can you shift it a little moving the right side down to make it look more centered?

As for the head, that's tough to judge. But I think you can easily get a replacement for that from Prime1. Email sideshow and ask them to reach out to P1 and ask for replacement head.

I can move the chest piece around.. It just won't stay. The magnet keeps pushing it to the left as pictured.

They're just going to tell you to contact Prime 1 about it but for nearly $1,000 there shouldn't be those issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone knows where I can order a custom single display case for this? Looking for acrylic or plexiglass

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

I went on the wait-list for the EX on June 24th and it converted 4 days later. It'll be a live order midnight tonight! I didn't think it would convert that quickly but YAY I guess! Hopefully I don't get the ones that got returned with problems. /pray

I went on the wait-list for the EX on June 24th and it converted 4 days later. It'll be a live order midnight tonight! I didn't think it would convert that quickly but YAY I guess! Hopefully I don't get the ones that got returned with problems. /pray

Good luck! That's always my concern too when joining a wait list after the EX has been out for a while.

SS offered me $90 for my issues to keep it otherwise I will have to return it :( and I contacted Prime 1 and they said to go through sideshow only.

If you happen to live on the east coast...in the mid atlantic region, even better....you could return it for a full refund & order a reg from Mike at Razors Edge...great place, great guy and he opens each one up & inspects them. Mine was flawless. Ordered on a Sunday & got it on Tuesday.

I almost always get high end stuff from him if it's not available locally. Never a problem.

If you happen to live on the east coast...in the mid atlantic region, even better....you could return it for a full refund & order a reg from Mike at Razors Edge...great place, great guy and he opens each one up & inspects them. Mine was flawless. Ordered on a Sunday & got it on Tuesday.

I almost always get high end stuff from him if it's not available locally. Never a problem.

Does he give discounts? Just checked his site and it's the same as retail price.

had mine but returned it to sideshow...just need something more for me, plus if im not 100% why keep it? Theyve got DKR, arkham asylum and city, I think new 52 bats even! so there is a bunch needless to say

Why did you not like it? Would be good to get honest feedback to help me decide in the future if I do or don't want it. Thanks!

IMG_2362.jpeg

Finished my acrylic case DIY to display this bad boy (check it out on my DIY blog here). This is currently the best statue that I have. I pretty much like everything about this statue (size/weight, paint application, battle damage effects, amount of details, interchangeable extra parts, wired cape, the colors, the base, the imposing presence, and the overall quality).

This Batman statue version will be very difficult to top, simply because of the amount of details and texture that this armored Bat-Suit has. I don’t think any other representation of the Batman costume has this wide variety of mixed materials (cloth body suit, elastic, leather, carbon fiber, Kevlar, brushed metal, stainless steel, armor plates, and mechanical components). All these different materials help provide to a very interesting, imposing and visual pleasing statue design. It helps that Prime 1 is a master at bringing out all these detailed design elements. This may not be the traditional Batman version that everyone knows, but I think it’s a great modern update that retains enough iconic elements (cowl, bat symbol, utility belt, cape, gauntlets) that makes him instantly recognizable.

I’m sure Prime 1 can produce other Batman statues that will look good in other ways, but the amount of mixed material details in this Bat-Suit will never be matched (in my opinion). However, only time will tell … can’t wait to see future reveals from their Batman line.

Back