Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Akham Knight - Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had mine but returned it to sideshow...just need something more for me, plus if im not 100% why keep it? Theyve got DKR, arkham asylum and city, I think new 52 bats even! so there is a bunch needless to say

had mine but returned it to sideshow...just need something more for me, plus if im not 100% why keep it? Theyve got DKR, arkham asylum and city, I think new 52 bats even! so there is a bunch needless to say

That is a big shipping loss to take, I take it you just don't like the suit design?

That is a big shipping loss to take, I take it you just don't like the suit design?

egh i didnt pay for return shipping, i found some blotched paint and just had them send me the RMA label. And lets see..I love the suit tbh...what I wound up not liking was the face was a little too pale, the pose was just too upright and I really didnt like that the suit parts that attach were plastic. The face thing wouldve required a small fix, but I really dont wanna worry about customizing a $900+ piece you know?

egh i didnt pay for return shipping, i found some blotched paint and just had them send me the RMA label. And lets see..I love the suit tbh...what I wound up not liking was the face was a little too pale, the pose was just too upright and I really didnt like that the suit parts that attach were plastic. The face thing wouldve required a small fix, but I really dont wanna worry about customizing a $900+ piece you know?

The suit parts are all the same material as the suit itself except for thing that goes around his neck. And if it was polystone it would snap when trying to put it on.

When I assembled mine I was stunned by how awesome it was. But IMO for $1000 you have to absolutely love it. Since this is all very subjective, there's no explanation required if the statue doesn't do it for you.

Wow, you love the suit and still don't like the statue? I thought I was picky.

When I assembled mine I was stunned by how awesome it was. But IMO for $1000 you have to absolutely love it. Since this is all very subjective, there's no explanation required if the statue doesn't do it for you.

That is true for sure, but most, if not all his "issues" you could see before it was preordered. I know pieces can look different in person, but it looks very close to the proto.

If a piece (regardless of price) needs only a small touch to make it perfect to me, then I'll just do it. It's not like this is the p2 maquette, where the whole damn thing needs an overhaul.

Oh well... $1k back in your pocket.

If a piece (regardless of price) needs only a small touch to make it perfect to me, then I'll just do it. It's not like this is the p2 maquette, where the whole damn thing needs an overhaul.

Oh well... $1k back in your pocket.

Hey hey now.. Don't say that. I just bought one! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo this piece is beautiful.

But as has been said most if not all the issues that one 'may' have with this piece were pretty much known when this went up for preoder.

The use of plastic in certain parts seems to have rubbed some people the wrong way, sort of like with Sideshow Boba Fetts head. But it shouldn't be too surprising given the amount of plastic they put on their Transformer and TMNT line.

The plastic complaints make it seem like polystone is some sacred precious metal in comparison.

Isn't polystone(a mixture of polyurethane resin and " powdered rock") technically a form of "plastic"? I agree what you say that some people think polystone is some sacred metal... as long as the mold or sculpts great and painted well( like Prime. 1) it's not a issue with me ... Someone more knowledgeable than me ...please clarify Thanks!

I know it's not exactly logical, but as long as the statue piece has a bit of heft to it, I personally don't care about the plastic accents that may be on a piece.

Whereas I could never purchase the Man of Steel PF even had the head sculpt been of quality.

Isn't polystone(a mixture of polyurethane resin and " powdered rock") technically a form of "plastic"? I agree what you say that some people think polystone is some sacred metal... as long as the mold or sculpts great and painted well( like Prime. 1) it's not a issue with me ... Someone more knowledgeable than me ...please clarify Thanks!

Yes I believe polystone is actually the same material as plastic bags from the grocery store.

Back