Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Akham Knight - Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
339347.jpg

:lol

Gives Clooney a run for his money! :lol

2Ta5K8s.gif

1500 ES for the Ex alone? Wow, their ES's are just too high. Although cool, I wouldn't consider this even in my top 5 of all time Batmans. These will be sitting around for a long time like Megatron, OP, Starscream, etc......

1500 ES for the Ex alone? Wow, their ES's are just too high. Although cool, I wouldn't consider this even in my top 5 of all time Batmans. These will be sitting around for a long time like Megatron, OP, Starscream, etc......

Are we sure thats not 1500 total? And Transformers are not... the Batman :lecture :lol

post #166 says otherwise, specifies exclusive version. Your right, there are only how many tens of thousands of batman statues out there? ;)

Megatron, OP, and Starscream are also $1600-$2000 each! :lol That's a MUCH heftier investment over $899.99! I'm in Canada and I'm pretty much lining up everything so I can try and make this work, and that'll be a painful exchange! But even then it'll be $1000 less -- at least -- than what the Transformers would come out to. Not to mention even more in customs fees. That's internationally though...those in the States won't even have to account for that. While I don't doubt that he'll be around for a little while, I also don't think he'll be collecting dust.

I think they priced this the way they did because they're aiming to have another five or six statues put out in this line! You also have to make enough Batman to make sure those who want him get him! I'd have to guess that his ES will be the largest out of the group...but I wouldn't be surprised if the women (Harley, Catwoman and Batgirl) aren't far behind.

As long as I can work things out on my side, I don't care how many others get a piece of the bat! :lol

FYI, Alex says she doesnt know when this will PO on SSC. Only that its typically sometime after P1 does.

It seems like everyone is figuring it'll be next week some time, to coincide with the game coming out on Tuesday. That sounds about right, as they'll probably want to get this line moving as close to release as they can.

Megatron, OP, and Starscream are also $1600-$2000 each! :lol That's a MUCH heftier investment over $899.99! I'm in Canada and I'm pretty much lining up everything so I can try and make this work, and that'll be a painful exchange! But even then it'll be $1000 less -- at least -- than what the Transformers would come out to. Not to mention even more in customs fees. That's internationally though...those in the States won't even have to account for that. While I don't doubt that he'll be around for a little while, I also don't think he'll be collecting dust.

I think they priced this the way they did because they're aiming to have another five or six statues put out in this line! You also have to make enough Batman to make sure those who want him get him! I'd have to guess that his ES will be the largest out of the group...but I wouldn't be surprised if the women (Harley, Catwoman and Batgirl) aren't far behind.

As long as I can work things out on my side, I don't care how many others get a piece of the bat! :lol

I have no problem with the price, but I fear Prime is becoming more and more like SS with their ES numbers. Just a couple points. The market for 1/3 scale is much smaller than just about all of the other scales out there (even though I prefer it over every other scale). Transformer stuff seems to be extremely in demand going by posts that I read, and there are very few high end items of that franchise, yet they are still around. If the ES of the Ex is 1500, imagine the regular, 2,000-3,000?? So we are prolly looking at an ES total of around 5,000 for a scale most don't desire, and for a Batman most don't desire. Like other Prime pieces, I predict this will be available for years. I say no rush to folks that are interested in this.

I have no problem with the price, but I fear Prime is becoming more and more like SS with their ES numbers. Just a couple points. The market for 1/3 scale is much smaller than just about all of the other scales out there (even though I prefer it over every other scale). Transformer stuff seems to be extremely in demand going by posts that I read, and there are very few high end items of that franchise, yet they are still around. If the ES of the Ex is 1500, imagine the regular, 2,000-3,000?? So we are prolly looking at an ES total of around 5,000 for a scale most don't desire, and for a Batman most don't desire. Like other Prime pieces, I predict this will be available for years. I say no rush to folks that are interested in this.

I definitely agree that the market is smaller...plus, even though Sideshow's prices are getting up there, this is still $300 more (due to the size) so it's a different market for people. I mean, this thread not exploding even with the release of these crazy awesome pictures shows that it's not everyone's area they want to jump into.

And while I'm not sure about how they go about making their ES estimates, I'd be stunned if it's that high. Batman is popular, but I think they'll keep it somewhat reasonable for their own company as well. We'll wait for an official announcement, but if the EX is 1500, I could see the regular being 2000...or maybe even 1500 itself! It just means that there's a limited amount of EXs before it's statues without batarangs.

It's so hard to tell with different statue licenses. This could fly off the shelves because it's Batman, or it could hang around. I do think this will be the one with the largest ES though. I'd think the statues that follow it for this line will likely come in at 1000 less, give or take. But it's all speculation for now. I'm sure we'll know more by next week! :)

um, not sure where everyone is getting 1500 for the exclusive.

Kira said it should be "lower" than 1500...

lol

Kira hinted at a DC comic line, im not rushing into this piece any longer.

I'd doubt it will be 1/4 if that's what you mainly collect. I also have my doubts about the success of a 1/3 line if they are 1k a pop with huge ES numbers. Would be no different than the SS 1/4 lines imo, just much pricier.

lol

I'd doubt it will be 1/4 if that's what you mainly collect. I also have my doubts about the success of a 1/3 line if they are 1k a pop with huge ES numbers. Would be no different than the SS 1/4 lines imo, just much pricier.

No, I know some would probably hold out for a comic line because theyre near $1k, I would/will. I cant collect these due to my content with 1/4, the 1/3 at 3 feet tall and $1k is just too much for a "collection". Too many awesome 1/4 scales on the horizon! So 1 Batman 1/3 and thatll be it.

Apparently this will go up for PO by Prime 1 next week on the 23rd to coincide with the game, and then it will go on sale with Sideshow the following week. Granted, I'm not sure if this is guaranteed or not, so maybe it'll also show up on the Sideshow site next week as well.

Either way, I'm pretty excited about it! I agree about 1/3 being massive (I've actually never seen one in person) and hard to collect, but depending on how well they're spaced out and priced -- and most importantly, how well they turn out -- I'd be really tempted by Catwoman, Harley and Batgirl.

Odds are I wouldn't be able to get that many, but I think Batman with Catwoman and Harley off to the side would be great! Either way, it'll be interesting to see what's coming...one step at a time though! First step, order Batman!

Back