Statue Prime 1 studio 32" Megatron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These delays are retarded. I wish our local Aussie sellers would purchase direct from Prime 1. Closer to Australia, get it quicker and the added bonus of not having to put up with SS's bollocks. I really hope quality companies like Prime are successful enough eventually to not have to hitch their wagon to Sideshow.

If that happens, maybe the price of these statues will be cheaper :dunno

The only thing Sideshow imports nowadays that seems to make it on time is Hot Toys items (and that can be spotty depending on Hot Toys). It would not surprise me one bit that Sideshow's allotment of these statues is not sitting someplace in some warehouse in Asia ready to be shipped but Sideshow doesn't have enough orders for these to be willing to fill them or room for them in their own warehouse in the US because their own merchandise has priority. This is the 3A Toys Metal Gear Rex shipping fiasco allover again. That piece was available in Asia for months and months to order online from Asian retailers who had it in stock before Sideshow got theirs in. Crazy. I am definitely going to order Optimus Prime from Hobbylink Japan after this.

These awesome repaint pics by baby bros of the new Prime 1 Megatron just look awesome...thought I'd share some of them...

sedegyhy.jpg

nedapa7a.jpg

atutazad.jpg

tyha8azu.jpg

Looks really great but if he was doing that for me, i'd ask him to put some weathering on the gold bit's. They look way too new and it's not like that in the film. Just doesn't fit with the rest of the statue imho.

Yeah I have to agree with jay, the colour gives the piece a nice accent but it needs to be more muted and more dirty, otherwise it looks a bit too gold-ish in sunlight like that.

Yeah I have to agree with jay, the colour gives the piece a nice accent but it needs to be more muted and more dirty, otherwise it looks a bit too gold-ish in sunlight like that.

Hehehe let me tell bout this when I see him next week. I think abit more weathering would make it more real.

Yup I think it looks much better than the production piece. For the price Prime 1 was asking for they should have done a better paint job.

I always admire those who have the talent not to mention the 'palones' to even attempt such a project and then improve it...
I'm not a massive fan of the movie Megatron so I'm not so sure what is accurate or not but I really like the repaint :)

Yup I think it looks much better than the production piece. For the price Prime 1 was asking for they should have done a better paint job.

From what i've seen and heard from people that saw the proto and production in person, they weren't far apart. This has a great looking paint job and far better than what's on most sideshow statues that's for sure. Of course something painted by a pro painter is going to look better. But imo they did great with this statue.

I'm not so sure what is accurate or not but I really like the repaint :)

That's not the point though. He's done great weathering on the whole body but the gold looks like he's just stepped off a production line. So new that it doesn't fit with the fully weathered body. :lol

That's not the point though. He's done great weathering on the whole body but the gold looks like he's just stepped off a production line. So new that it doesn't fit with the fully weathered body. :lol

gotcha! yea, just seen those comparison pics you posted of the gold parts...I'm sure he'll agree and will correct those parts...and you can take 25% of the credit! :lol

:lol

We'd all like a paint job like that on our statues (minus brand new gold ;) ) but lets be honest, it's not going to happen is it? I'm more than happy with how this statue turned out and i for one can't wait for it. The only problem is how long SSC are frigging taking with it. :mad:

Back