Prime 1 Studio: 1:3 Justice League - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries there. They are slow boated over, so they've been on the water for more than a month already. More than enough time for any surface viruses to die.

Decided to judge the piece in person and just got the shipment a couple of minutes ago so I took some quick shots.

Armpit issue is there without even touching it in the box, there is very little room to try to stretch it up at all.

Despite not being able to have the armpits proper it isn't completely jarring.

Only other flaw I see is that there is a black spec of paint/dirt that I cant seem to be able to remove from the red superman symbol.

Overall seems like its a decent piece despite the armpits

IMG-20200217-153318.jpg

IMG-20200217-153350.jpg

IMG-20200217-155819.jpg

IMG-20200217-155830.jpg

IMG-20200217-160839.jpg

IMG-20200217-160851.jpg

IMG-20200217-160859.jpg

Doesn't look too bad at all. Mine will be here tomorrow. The black specs on the logo are an eye sore tho :(

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

great pics KOrigin! :clap sad to hear those no way to push the fabric up anymore under the armpit. I wonder if there is any excess fabric inside the suit. If so, I'd redo the seam to be higher under the arm, but I doubt that's the case unfortunately

great pics KOrigin! :clap sad to hear those no way to push the fabric up anymore under the armpit. I wonder if there is any excess fabric inside the suit. If so, I'd redo the seam to be higher under the arm, but I doubt that's the case unfortunately

Yep I just unboxed mine, and while the fabric has a little bit of give, there’s absolutely no way to fix the issue, or even to really minimise it, as it’ll more or less return to its original position. And it doesn’t help that it’s been glued in place at the neck, meaning you’ll have to forcefully remove it from the neck area to even think about unzipping the costume down the back. They should’ve just glued the costume top to bottom like they did with the 1/2 scale. Now that’s a piece that hugged the body and showed the muscle contours beneath, but instead with get this loose onesies pajamas.

The only thing that you can really adjust are the boots.

So I’ll say it now, the videos uploaded by Prime 1 showing how you could adjust the fabric costume were absolutely what I thought they were, irrelevant and useless when it came to the armpits (which was the main issue) but it achieved what they wanted as many fell for their gullible and truly dishonest act, and the rest of us who queried it were more or less ignored, even though none of the videos actually showed them fixing the issue in question.

But..... I knew what I was potentially getting, so I don’t know what that makes me. But if I didn’t have this got to catch them all mentality I would’ve definitely skipped out on this piece.

Yea that's what I was afraid of. That video they posted was with the neck part unfastened lol. They pulled one over on us for sure

Here’s some crappy cell phone photos (with the armpit area hidden in shadow):-

9CB5FC15-F5FA-4A38-ACB9-B2F65CE751DB.jpg

CC3B8089-0BC3-438E-952E-75B31FE6B923.jpg

9D17D29C-36F2-43C9-B6E0-87190A2DEA2D.jpg

FE5A562C-F62B-46D9-856C-F4CDE7261E5F.jpg

C1F622A2-174C-470E-A8F2-31E592DAB0E7.jpg

And here’s some close ups of the shield. I never previously noticed this neon blue panel lining being used on the shield.

84E27A45-00F0-4799-B79D-C54B1257065A.jpg

092CEC34-F607-4E84-99DF-2AFAD6E9EB46.jpg

And has anyone noticed if their Mother Box had a small drill hole in it? Is this for the same reason as on the Wonder Woman bust stand?

951EC021-FE0D-4AAD-9055-7D729B880E94.jpg

191B9A1E-D8AF-4FFF-9AD9-EAB3F4848195.jpg

From an outsider's perspective on just the pics, the armpits aren't really that noticeable at all and it looks like a really nice statue, congrats.

The recent pics look pretty good overall. The pit issue is still there (although lighting plays a big part in if it is seen or not). Some of the face paints look a little questionable too. Overall, still a good statue though. I personally cancelled it due to the cost and the pit issue but for others, it may not be as big of a deal (especially in hand).

Do the pits look worse in person, cause in your photos they look pretty good (very close to prototype), nothing like that first video or pictures posted by that chinese guy.

From an outsider's perspective on just the pics, the armpits aren't really that noticeable at all and it looks like a really nice statue, congrats.

It’s because I’ve intentionally posted photos were the armpits are obviously in shadow. It’s looks pretty much exactly like those pieces received by the early Chinese collectors.

FCC64527-4273-4AAE-8CE8-E5DAB5CC5B2B.jpg

On mine the right armpit area is maybe a tad better than what you see above.

And as mentioned the fabric has a bit of give. As I was manoeuvring the fabric I was able to get some slack, but there’s no way to keep the fabric up in the armpit after pushing it up. As someone mentioned you’ll definitely need some glue. Which will require for you to remove the glue at the neck area to gain access to the costumes zipper down it’s back.

But such actions are probably too risky for me. And note that leaving the slack actually makes the costume look worse than it did before, so I eventually returned the costume to how it was.

I think it’s time I discuss some of the positives, as I’m sure I’ll get used to the issues of the statue, like I always do. In a collection of around 100 statue pieces I can’t realky think of more than a few that have come in absolutely perfect, and that hasn’t robbed me of loving nearly every single piece in my collection, warts and all.

The fabric costume on its own is spectacularly well done. The printing done on it to stencil/adhere the Kryptonian design is near perfect, especially considering how small and fine the designs are. In addition said designs seem to be fairly durable. As I’ve been manoeuvring the fabric around the arms for hours and I have yet to see a crease, or heaven forbid part of the printing design coming loose from the fabric and lifting up.

Again with the costume but relative to the half scale piece that I have, and in particular an issue that I had with the 1/2 scale which is pretty much completely absent from this one.... there aren’t any glue strains or residue all over the accents around the wrist or waist on the 1/3 scale like I had with the 1/2 scale. But some of the reason is that those designs are pretty much as thin as stickers on the 1/3 scale, but on the 1/2 scale they were quite thick and substantial.... which some may believe is a benefit to the 1/2 scale and a knock against the 1/3 scale as at the end of the day it’s probably more accurate to the actual screen used costume.

Now after having the statue for only half a day, I’ve got to say I’ve pretty much got used to the pose. Now while it’s a bit awkward, I think with the Exclusive heat vision head sculpt that it kind of works.

The regular headsculpt is damn good, and while I prefer the likeness on the 1/2 scale, the skin pigmentation imo is much better on the 1/3 scale. It has quite a number of colour (dots) applied which give it its completion, while on the 1/2 scale it can look a bit yellowish at times due to its slight lack of paint depth.

And finally the base like all the other pieces in the line are well done (well I didn’t particularly like the top sculpt on Wonder Woman’s base). It looks good, but it’s not the best in the line as I still prefer Cyborg’s and Aquaman’s bases above it as the sculpt on the top of base is even better. Though honestly I’m not sure what to think about the skeleton like designs/protrusions on the base. I’m guessing it may relate to his death, but imo that seems a bit dark for this particular character.

Got mine in today and I had to rush to get rdy for work tonight so I didn't have time to really acess the situation lol. Just opening it up tho it seems to be pretty good. The armpit area is really the only spot I looked at. Didn't even take it out of box yet so. I will post some before and after futzing pics tomorrow hopefully guys.

Back