Prime 1 - Ripley (Aliens)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price turns me off the most. I would get this at 700.00

I would love to Have an Ellen Ripley. She would be the only female character in my collection.

I probably would also actually. I didn't care for this at first, but the more I see it, the more I like it.

I definitely like this piece quite a bit and I'm 90% sure I'll be ordering at some point. I think the repaint was an improvement on something that I already knew I liked from the start. I do hope they made her the correct height for Weaver though. She's a tall woman.

I definitely like this piece quite a bit and I'm 90% sure I'll be ordering at some point. I think the repaint was an improvement on something that I already knew I liked from the start. I do hope they made her the correct height for Weaver though. She's a tall woman.

It will be interesting to see how that repaint transfers over to production pieces. If they had to redo and perfect the professionally painted prototype in order to better show off the sculpt, will production pieces which always have less nuance really have much chance? I guess we'll find out eventually. Fortunately I see no reason to pre order, now more so than ever with Prime 1, I'll wait and see.

Lynda Carter should be coming out any week now, we'll see how that Blitzway collab goes.

I usually feel the Blitzway x Prime 1 pieces turn out pretty great. The Daenerys Targaryan piece is quite nice.

But yea, better to wait to see how it all turns out. Ripley isn't even scheduled to release until mid to late 2023.

Tough crowd on all the forums. :lol I think this looks much better. So much of the Photoshopping we've seen was paint-related, so the likeness issues must be a mix of paint and sculpt. But as others have said, whether this change translates to the final product is a big question mark. There's a lot more subtlety and softness to the new paint app now and Prime 1's factories don't handle that very well. It would've been easier for them to knock out a sharper, more stylized Ripley than this.

LOL, tough crowd on these forums? It's funny reading this days after you attacked me for my opinion :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p

You spoke, and we listened!

At Prime 1 Studio, we pride ourselves with the foresight to offer the best version of your favorite characters. Our drive matches our passion! However, there are times where the speed of development necessitates having to course-correct further down the road. And that is why we are announcing a PAINT UPDATE for our UPMAL-01/01S ELLEN RIPLEY from ALIENS!

Ellen Ripley will now feature updated and improved paint application on her face to more accurately reflect her portrait in 1986’s blockbuster ALIENS film!

Ripley’s face shows off her experienced, focused, & tough exterior, as she searches (hopefully not in vain) for Newt, in the lair of the Xenomorph Queen.

We hope you will enjoy this updated Ellen Ripley statue and that this proves that Prime 1 Studio is the place to go for the definitive version of all your favorites!

View attachment 582116

View attachment 582117

I don't really see the difference. The problem was with the sculpt. Also this paint is for the proto not the actual statue which we gonna get. That one won't look like that

Only seeing this now, had tuned out of the thread.

Well, to repeat, I thought this was excellent except the facial likeness.

But I find it hilarious that their 'fix' - their deliberate and specific response to feedback, which they've chosen to make a point of - is something that likely can't and won't be manifest on the final product anyway! :lol Of course they'll claim it is but it'll be a subjective, non-verifiable matter.

Last edited:
Will the Ripley statue even look good among the Alien pieces?
If she's tiny in comparison, what's the point?

I think she will look good with any 1:4 scale Alien pieces. And as a collector of 1:4 scale am happy about that. Though admit I don't know why we are getting a 1:4 Ripley from Prime 1 which seems to be focused more on 1:3 scale. I understand licensing guidelines that apply to scale as well as characters but if P1 has the 1:4 scale license for Ripley, who has the 1:3??

c1VRbBf.jpg

Pic by ToyArk.
dy1mWla.jpg

Great likeness at the second photo!! Hope proportions will be like this (the face)

From this angle I see 100% sigourney weaver!!!

Last edited:
Back