Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that sucks. I hope popcultcha is getting this as there policies and NRD seem more consumer friendly, but it looks like they don't really stock much prime 1 stuff these days. Probably end up going with Sugo too, as there's no one else around. Fingers crossed both stores stock them, gives us more options.

Yeah hoping Popcultcha stocks it. They have seemed to of done some Prime 1's recently (GvK line for example). I really would like to use a 10% voucher on this.

I don't care if it's thicc, this looks amazing. It is absolutely calling me Screenshot_20210523-073609_Instagram.jpg

Yeah hoping Popcultcha stocks it. They have seemed to of done some Prime 1's recently (GvK line for example). I really would like to use a 10% voucher on this.

Fingers crossed! If not I'm still gonna punt the 15% deposit (prob AUD $800) at Sugo for this. If it turns out a turd, I'm fine to lose the NRD, I can live with losing a weeks salary to have a shot at getting this beauty on my shelf! I've bled enough time waiting to get the CM pred and I ain't got time to bleed further with this one lol.

I love my statues standing up, now I can?t afford this, but holy hell this statue is a beast. Yes we know this statue is very much like the one we know of, but this one looks amazing no doubt about it

The more I look at it, the more it does look too thick, or too short between his belt and the lowest point of his chest armour, I can't really figure out which. However from other angles it looks okay, it's a weird one.

I'll say this, I think this is awesome over all and I'm hoping to get this and the 1/3 City hunter as my collection showstoppers. However, they have put so much effort into this, that a few minor tweaks could improve it immensely and might be worth considering simply to place the cherry on top of this potential masterpiece. With that in mind, what I'd love to see happen to really make this the ultimate, probably never to be bettered JH statue is the following.

Sort out the torso proportions if they are indeed an issue in person.
relax the arms slightly inwards to give it the more natural look and distinguish it further from the CM's pose.
Remove the sculpted damage from the bio mask
Offer a holstered cannon position option.
Swap that semi roar head for a fully closed mandible head. They're both too similar currently and fully closed offers a different look that many prefer.
remove the groove in the lower chin.

Do I expect any of this, no, but some of it would be nice. And pointless requests are what we like doing, so there's mine. It's exciting either way.

Side comparison is better than front for sure!

4OF5Lcl.jpg

EDIT: Just realized that the nameplate isn't present in some of the videos. Does that mean it's removable and can be positioned on any side of the base?

MTHeLW3.png

Because this angle is money.
''If it bleeds awesomeness, we can order it''.......:)

The more I look at it, the more it does look too thick, or too short between his belt and the lowest point of his chest armour, I can't really figure out which. However from other angles it looks okay, it's a weird one.

. . . what I'd love to see happen to really make this the ultimate, probably never to be bettered JH statue is the following.

• Sort out the torso proportions if they are indeed an issue in person.
  • Relax the arms slightly inwards to give it the more natural look and distinguish it further from the CM's pose.
  • Remove the sculpted damage from the bio mask
  • Offer a holstered cannon position option.
  • Swap that semi roar head for a fully closed mandible head. They're both too similar currently and fully closed offers a different look that many prefer.
  • remove the groove in the lower chin.

Do I expect any of this, no, but some of it would be nice. And pointless requests are what we like doing . . .

Oh I'll add one more, his skin looks really wrinkled on this statue, it should be fairly smooth.

Yeah - agreed.

Don't hesitate to send this to PRime 1. Would be awesome if for once they take into account comments from collectors

just message them with you pic, hopefully they will take it into account. I doubt...but we never know. I also asked them during the next level show to double check the dots on the big game's head, others pointed it as well, they said they will make a note for that...

just message them with you pic, hopefully they will take it into account. I doubt...but we never know. I also asked them during the next level show to double check the dots on the big game's head, others pointed it as well, they said they will make a note for that...

Thanks Vince :hi5:

That probably means they'll take it into account for the real Jungle Hunter statue coming up, but who knows?

Oh I'll add one more, his skin looks really wrinkled on this statue, it should be fairly smooth.

I don't mind the harshness of the skin, gives it more depth, pop and seems more high definition. Pics from the old screen might be too low res (even when converted to a higher res, the existing show was still taken from the 80s) hence the more 'smooth' look.

Good points for everything else. I'm fine with the torso but I definitely prefer closed mouth portrait vs the semi open one and as others pointed out, what's the point of having two open mouth portraits?

Prime1 went all guns blazing with their latest showcase. Super excited for their announcements. time to get a new house to fit all these 1/3rd scale announcements...

Back