Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like a lot of the details are similar to the 1/4, same damaged mask etc. I wish they had tweaked that. But in general it just looks like a much better version of the CM with a masked option which is crucial to me as I always go masks on with my statues. Looking forward to seeing more.

Really strange that they would reveal this now though, right as their other Jungle hunter is shipping and struggling to hold onto existing orders. I prefer aspects of each, but this one absolutely must have a better production and QC than their 1/4 version. They also need to figure out something for international shipping, or list it on Sideshow, otherwise a large percentage of their potential customers are basically just window shopping. Might have been a better option to put out Wolf or Celtic for now and get their 1/4 Jungle Hunter sorted before this, but what do I know....

Im expecting 2.2K - 2.5K. Will get it regardless

Wasn't the CM $2.5K twelve years ago?

It looks like a lot of the details are similar to the 1/4, same damaged mask etc. I wish they had tweaked that. But in general it just looks like a much better version of the with a masked option which is crucial to me as I always go masks on with my statues. Looking forward to seeing more.

Really strange that they would reveal this now though, right as their other Jungle hunter is shipping and struggling to hold onto existing orders. I prefer aspects of each, but this one absolutely must have a better production and QC than their 1/4 version. They also need to figure out something for international shipping, or list it on Sideshow, otherwise a large percentage of their potential customers are basically just window shopping. Might have been a better option to put out Wolf or Celtic for now and get their 1/4 Jungle Hunter sorted before this, but what do I know....

As the dust is settling from this announcement, I have to say I really do prefer the pose and base on the 1/4. If both statues were perfectly executed and the price was magically made to be the same, I'd take the 1/4 every time. So far, the 1/3 wins only because of the paint app -- or rather, the potential for the paint app to be better since we all know a prototype isn't a guarantee.

I imagine commissioning a full repaint of the 1/4 would cost at least $1K, so both could end up costing about the same if the 1/3 needs no further work done. Seems like we roll a dice either way.

My initial excitement about this has subsided and now I'm more curious than anything else. Not quite sure what to make of the situation. If these companies could just be consistent with their releases -- and QC -- I wouldn't have to change the plans for my setup every few months.
:gah:

I just watched the video and I'm actually really impressed.... There's fricking fish in the water! The detail on this is quite phenomenal. If they make it accessible to us international guys, I'll try my best to secure this, looks like I might be cancelling the 1/4 after all.

EDIT: Just realized that the nameplate isn't present in some of the videos. Does that mean it's removable and can be positioned on any side of the base?

MTHeLW3.png

Because this angle is money.

Last edited:
Had another thought. The CM is 32" tall. The 1/4 Big Game is 28" tall, which would be an inch or two more if standing straight up. This leads me to believe that Prime 1 did indeed oversize their 1/4. With that in mind, would they then oversize this 1/3 to make it feel like a true upgrade? How much more will it cost if the Big Game version is already a 1/3.5? Because if it does turn out to be $1K more, that extra money should theoretically go towards quality improvements.

HOLY CRAP!!! Now THIS has the potential to be the BEST Predator ever made!

Everything happens for a reason. Cancelled the 1:4 due to extreme shipping, I will be aiming to get this beast.
If you cancelled the 1/4 due to extreme shipping, what do think it will like for this by the time it gets released.......:horror:)

If you cancelled the 1/4 due to extreme shipping, what do think it will like for this by the time it gets released.......:horror:)

Potentially less than the $880 they wanted for the 1:4 during Covid.
Chances are I'd get this locally if available to secure a firm price including shipping.

Potentially less than the $880 they wanted for the 1:4 during Covid.
Chances are I'd get this locally if available to secure a firm price including shipping.
So did P1 only increase shipping costs because of the coronavirus pandemic?

Looking forward to Ian (HMS) waking up to this news.
It may test his decision to never deal with P1 again.
Pretty sure I said much the same until this reveal.

Needless to say, as this is the actual Predator from the 1987 movie, this will be THE definitive Jungle Hunter.......:)

That's a realistic figure. About half a grand lower than the 1/3 big chap (with the pred being more harder to paint and with lighting, bells and whistles etc).

My prices were in USD. Id be shocked if this is more then $3K considering it doesnt seem to have anywhere near the switch outs. Again, regardless ill be getting it.

My prices were in USD. Id be shocked if this is more then $3K considering it doesnt seem to have anywhere near the switch outs. Again, regardless ill be getting it.

Ah sorry I meant big chap being $500 or so lower than this new pred piece.

Prime 1 humanoid 1/2s are about 2.2 to 2.3k
Pred 1/3 is about a 1/2.24 compared to humanoid statues, add a bit of complexity, I can see a realistic price of what you mentioned. Maybe $2099 for standard and EX (if they have one) $2399 give or take about $100 of those figures in USD

Ah sorry I meant big chap being $500 or so lower than this new pred piece.

Prime 1 humanoid 1/2s are about 2.2 to 2.3k
Pred 1/3 is about a 1/2.24 compared to humanoid statues, add a bit of complexity, I can see a realistic price of what you mentioned. Maybe $2099 for standard and EX (if they have one) $2399 give or take about $100 of those figures in USD

Its all good man. This is a truly must have statue either way. Might price some people out, but those who want it will make it work

Why is it so short and stocky, almost like the AvP Predators? Arms, legs and torso needs to be slimmer and longer.

Back