Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All true if you're getting the bonus or DX.

But remember the limited closed mouth portrait is the head everyone wants 😎
Yes. The Delux Bonus Version for £2,600 plus shipping & 5% V.A.T.

You're laughing at me for spending £3K on a statue?!

You're getting one Portrait and a chest stand for over £1K and I'm getting all this for under £3K...

Predator: Jungle themed Base with watery effects
·LED-Illuminated on Bio-Mask, Plasma Cannon and Wrist Control Panel
·Openable Wrist Control Panel with hinged cover
·Placeable Predator's Bio Mask on the base
·Four (4) Swappable heads (Bio Mask, Unmasked Classic Portrait, Unmasked Roaring Portrait and Gort Bio Mask)
·Three (3) Display stand for the swappable heads
·Two (2) Wristblades (Retracted and Extended)
·Two (2)Plasma Cannon (Activated and Deactivated position)
·One (1) Pair of Open Hands
·One (1) Pair of Clenched Fist
·Two (2) Title Plaques
·One (1) Pair of Bonus Closed Hands
·Moveable Bonus Parts (Mac Skull and Jim Hopper Dog Tag)

I did order the Limited Bust but decided I don't need it and it was way overpriced.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your Bust when it arrives 😀

Edit: I believe they added another wide wristblade also.

Ah, Leo Leung. He posted the glamour shots of the 1/4 last year. I have to take the colors in these with a grain of salt, but what I can tell is that the spots on the legs and back are rounder and clustered together more organically.

EDIT: They kept the minnows in the water! And the pebbles under the water all have different colors! I wonder if they poured real pebbles into the base before adding the translucent resin. Would be very impressive if that's just a painted surface.
I recon it would be more cost effective to add the underwater elements and simply pour resin over them. It looks better, is faster, and is cheaper than to paint individual rocks.

@Collectorcol
You don't have to justify your choices mate. Buy what is most valuable to you and enjoy with a cold beer and good vibes.

I wanted all of the bust, but didn't see their value. So, I "settled" on the full statue and couldn't be happier. :woo

This thing is ridiculous! I'm genuinley surprised, buit it looks like Prime 1 actually got it mostly right... And on time! Good on them. TBH I've been thinking about cancelling this since getting their incredible 1/4 version. This is so much money and the 1/4 is more than good enough. But this is such a step up beyond even that so I'm rethinking that now!

There has to be some sort of camera/angle trick here. How on earth does it look so much bigger than the Cinamaquette? His feet are definitely sitting at a higher height, but even still he looks like he's a good 6" taller here. That can't be, can it?

That was my first thought - I'm thinking PRIME 1 folks have problems with math - because if the Cinemaquette is 1:3 scale (and it certainly seems to be as that sits next to all my 1:4 pieces) then the PRIME1 piece would perhaps be half way between 1:3 and 1:2 scale (1:2.5) :dunno

I still think they appear to have done a better job with the paint/decals on this, but that size !!!!!!!! :eek: I'm fine with 1:1 busts, but this is just WAY too big for my tastes - uses up too much real-estate and would have to be displayed well away from everything else so as to not make the rest look like tadpoles :) (same problem I had with the Dog/Cow alien3 piece).

@Collectorcol
You don't have to justify your choices mate. Buy what is most valuable to you and enjoy with a cold beer and good vibes.

I wanted all of the bust, but didn't see their value. So, I "settled" on the full statue and couldn't be happier. :woo
I know mate. Was confused why this guy thought my purchase was funny '😂'

I don't justify anything to anyone, especially the wife 😀

I think they did have a CM on-hand and that's why they made it so big. An extra 2" or 3" wasn't a dominant enough move.

At this height, it'll dwarf even the Big Chap (which is still the best Alien companion for this at the moment). We throw around the term "centerpiece" nowadays, but this may have to be for purely logistical reasons. Hell, you can put this in the corner of an office and that may very well be enough of the hobby for someone.

Last edited:
Yes. The Delux Bonus Version for £2,600 plus shipping & 5% V.A.T.

You're laughing at me for spending £3K on a statue?!

You're getting one Portrait and a chest stand for over £1K and I'm getting all this for under £3K...

Predator: Jungle themed Base with watery effects
·LED-Illuminated on Bio-Mask, Plasma Cannon and Wrist Control Panel
·Openable Wrist Control Panel with hinged cover
·Placeable Predator's Bio Mask on the base
·Four (4) Swappable heads (Bio Mask, Unmasked Classic Portrait, Unmasked Roaring Portrait and Gort Bio Mask)
·Three (3) Display stand for the swappable heads
·Two (2) Wristblades (Retracted and Extended)
·Two (2)Plasma Cannon (Activated and Deactivated position)
·One (1) Pair of Open Hands
·One (1) Pair of Clenched Fist
·Two (2) Title Plaques
·One (1) Pair of Bonus Closed Hands
·Moveable Bonus Parts (Mac Skull and Jim Hopper Dog Tag)

I did order the Limited Bust but decided I don't need it and it was way overpriced.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your Bust when it arrives 😀

Edit: I believe they added another wide wristblade also.
Wasn't you gloating also for me getting the bust instead? Anyway, I don't wanna make this into something. We both can enjoy what we're getting 👍🏾

Last edited:
This is really premature, but:

View attachment 604753

I think the CM has a "prettier" finish, if that makes sense. Definitely has a more airbrushed look (because it is), but there's only so much complexity you can expect from an airbrush on a mass-produced product. The density of spots is higher on the Prime 1 pieces.

Between the two Prime 1 heads, I just go with the one I can most easily read while squinting. The contrast of the black dots against the brown ones, the lightness of the skin, the degree to which it evokes the look of the film mask:

View attachment 604756

Even blurred, the new 1/3 looks like the closest we've gotten.

Agreed - although I still prefer the way the 1:1 Sideshow bust looks.

Really don't like the positioning of those mandibles on the new piece though. The overall torso looks TONS better than it did in the pre-order photos, but if I'd ordered this (which I haven't, and won't be), I'd deff have to display with the masked head.

This will for sure make one HECK of an impact on anyone seeing this face-to-face for the first time :lol (and that impact will always be there).

Still crossing my fingers for all those of you that are going through with this.

Matt/Col . . . you're going to need a bigger house guys! :)

I know mate. Was confused why this guy thought my purchase was funny '😂'

I don't justify anything to anyone, especially the wife 😀

I recon it would be more cost effective to add the underwater elements and simply pour resin over them. It looks better, is faster, and is cheaper than to paint individual rocks.

@Collectorcol

Wasn't asking him to justify his reasons... Just saying.

Wish I'd been in the position I am now when this went up for order, it looks absolutely stunning. He'd near enough take up an entire room in my tiny flat, but no wife/SO to justify it to.

Well, until I have a lady friend visit. Maybe questions would be asked at that point.

Wish I'd been in the position I am now when this went up for order, it looks absolutely stunning. He'd near enough take up an entire room in my tiny flat, but no wife/SO to justify it to.

Well, until I have a lady friend visit. Maybe questions would be asked at that point.
The DX version is still available, I believe.

On that last note, I think it's easier to pull off if you can keep it in a room she wouldn't spend much time in. At least then you've demonstrated an understanding that certain things don't belong in the bedroom/common area. Some people might be cool with seeing it throughout the day, but I'd understand if it's an eyesore for them. These are particularly niche interests and they take up substantial space.

Wasn't you gloating also for me getting the bust instead? Anyway, I don't wanna make this into something. We both can enjoy what we're getting 👍🏾
Ah, just looked back and see your issue.

I wasn't gloating, I was responding after seeing the group shot. Didn't realise it was directly after you commenting about having the Bust ordered.

It's a great Bust, just overpriced for what it is, as is the Statue.

Anyway I hope it turns out great for you. :duff

Agreed - although I still prefer the way the 1:1 Sideshow bust looks.

Really don't like the positioning of those mandibles on the new piece though. The overall torso looks TONS better than it did in the pre-order photos, but if I'd ordered this (which I haven't, and won't be), I'd deff have to display with the masked head.

This will for sure make one HECK of an impact on anyone seeing this face-to-face for the first time :lol (and that impact will always be there).

Still crossing my fingers for all those of you that are going through with this.

Matt/Col . . . you're going to need a bigger house guys! :)

Didn't you say that about the 1:4 Statue? 😉

I predict a large Statue coming your way soon...

Ah, Leo Leung. He posted the glamour shots of the 1/4 last year. I have to take the colors in these with a grain of salt, but what I can tell is that the spots on the legs and back are rounder and clustered together more organically.

EDIT: They kept the minnows in the water! And the pebbles under the water all have different colors! I wonder if they poured real pebbles into the base before adding the translucent resin. Would be very impressive if that's just a painted surface.

Epoxy resin poured over everything. I'm preparing to do the same on my railway project. You can add into resin prett much everything soft things like cotton

Didn't you say that about the 1:4 Statue? 😉

I predict a large Statue coming your way soon...

Nah mate - I can 100% guarantee I won't EVER be getting this.

I always liked the sculpts for the 1:3.5 BGCA Jungle Hunter, the 1:4 City Hunter, and the 1:4 Sengoku, but was not prepared to deal with PRIME1 direct (I just don't trust them for honesty OR customer service), thread posts suggested QC issues, shipping was ridiculous, and so were import duties etc.

After Matt pointed me at Secret Compass, that minimised risks/concerns enough for me to order those.

I'll freely admit that my concerns on this as regards his "tummy issues" have been removed . . . the sculpt now looks much better proportioned (again, don't know if they adjusted the sculpt or if the original photos did him no favours) . . . but I simply don't need this.

I've had the Cinemaquette since release and don't need another statue that is basically the same pose/size. If I hadn't got the Cinemaquette, I'd have been tempted - but I would only need 2 portraits (PROPER open mandibles + bio-mask heads).

It's just I'm in a different situation "collection-wise" to most folks - and I've got real choosy these days :lol

Ah, just looked back and see your issue.

I wasn't gloating, I was responding after seeing the group shot. Didn't realise it was directly after you commenting about having the Bust ordered.

It's a great Bust, just overpriced for what it is, as is the Statue.

Anyway I hope it turns out great for you. :duff
No worries, we both got our wires crossed. Now that's something we can finally both agree on lol

Thanks, likewise 👍🏾

Last edited:
Back