Prime 1 Fugitive Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.449$ Deluxe version ( Extras are battle damaged masked portrait and unmasked portrait with closed mandibles, extra switch out hand with a gun )
1.249$ Standard version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. Is everything in this hobby over a grand now?

It really does seem that way. Pretty frustrating to say the least. I mean, where’s that fine line between being a statue collector hobbiest and being one of those people who collect priceless art and cars. It seems like we’re edging our way there for sure...

$1249 for a standard, yikes. At least it includes some switch-out arms and one umasked head. Even so, it seems kind of steep. Their 1/3 DC pieces are taller than this and cost over $200 less.

EDIT: Reading through the Prime 1 Collectors group on Facebook, sounds like the Alien and Predator licenses are indeed expensive. Hrmm. Maybe the Aliens will help balance things out, as they shouldn't need to come with as many heads or arms, if any. Also no light-up features.

Last edited:
as stupid as this sounds its almost too many options... I will have a real hard time deciding what combination to display and will probably end up tinkering with it all the time.

as stupid as this sounds its almost too many options... I will have a real hard time deciding what combination to display and will probably end up tinkering with it all the time.

too many display options - more than one! :panic:

I can't see any a lot of these items selling their edition sizes out. For me there's nothing that screams grail, the prices make me cringe and there'll be a lot of people losing 40% of their money on resale.
I think this industry has completely devoured itself.

Technically, this one looks OK but I'll wait for Assassin Predator. Collecting only "main" predators from each movie is enough for me.

And I'm kinda agree about what this industry became these days though. Back then, buying these things felt like you've obtained something... exclusive. Today it felt like Kenner days, only the figures are much bigger and more expensive.

Hoping the Aliens are cheaper. Predators have LED features, some mixed media (netting), several alternate arms due to all their weapons, and at least two heads -- and that's just for the standard. Prime 1 loves to throw in those bonuses even with the barebones model (if it can even be called that). Maybe the Aliens, due to not having weapons, helmets, and LEDs, will cost less and balance things out?

Hoping the Aliens are cheaper. Predators have LED features, some mixed media (netting), several alternate arms due to all their weapons, and at least two heads -- and that's just for the standard. Prime 1 loves to throw in those bonuses even with the barebones model (if it can even be called that). Maybe the Aliens, due to not having weapons, helmets, and LEDs, will cost less and balance things out?

You’re forgetting about the alternate head sculpt with an open mouth. Switch out extended/ retracted inner jaws. Switch out arms for alternative pose options and the exclusive eggs/ facehuggers.

They will find a way to make the Aliens just as pricey...

I can't see any a lot of these items selling their edition sizes out. For me there's nothing that screams grail, the prices make me cringe and there'll be a lot of people losing 40% of their money on resale.
I think this industry has completely devoured itself.

Completely agree, especially the last point. The industry has become so watered down due to oversaturation of product. It's really offputting paying such a high price for items that no longer feel exclusive. Rapidly losing interest in this hobby...

You’re forgetting about the alternate head sculpt with an open mouth. Switch out extended/ retracted inner jaws. Switch out arms for alternative pose options and the exclusive eggs/ facehuggers.

They will find a way to make the Aliens just as pricey...

That's the thing, though. I could be making a lot of assumptions here, but depending on the pose, switch-out arms on an Alien may not be a possibility. The Scorpion Alien, for example, is based on a Dark Horse cover and the arms are in very specific spots with the body positioned to accommodate them. I don't see them switching out easily for a different pose. As for the heads, the standard may only come with a single head, either closed or open. Whichever head the standard ships with determines whether or not the inner jaws are included. But that's still different from a Predator which has two heads by default (one unmasked and one masked with LED), plus several hands/arms. Maybe I'm wrong. Or I'm right, but the resulting price difference is minor so it's not worth wondering about.

We're still getting a far better value than Sideshow with the superior quality and accessory count, but $1200+ is just hard to justify for a 1/4. And we don't know if the original Predators will go for the same or more.

Are statues a new preference of yours Blade or is it for the lack of new high-end figures coming out?

With regards to Alien and Predator, it's a bit of both. I prefer 1/4 scale and it's nice to have a solid collectible as opposed to one with rubber components. Not only are HT's efforts inaccurate and small, but even the Predators have those gummy dreadlocks that attract dust like crazy. It's stressful having to obsess over cleaning them, keeping them in acrylic cases (which are expensive at that size), and not even being confident that they'll last five years due to poor construction. Dealing with the loose armor pieces and fragile netting is also frustrating. I tend to be OCD when it comes to these things, so it's often easier to sell them if it means not having to worry. With a statue, the maintenance is easier and there's better potential for size.

If HT would put out a 1/4 Jungle Hunter figure, I may come around, but they show less and less interest in the license with each passing year. And it's certainly too much to ask that they make an Alien to go with it (especially in hard, durable plastic instead of rubber).

Back