Prime 1 Fugitive Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see any a lot of these items selling their edition sizes out. For me there's nothing that screams grail, the prices make me cringe and there'll be a lot of people losing 40% of their money on resale.
I think this industry has completely devoured itself.

Nailed.

They shoud concentrate in things people actually will buy, predators from the movies (accurate ones if it's possible). I can't see this selling a lot from a movie we all are trying to forget for good.

And this price tag for PF scale. Way too up there. This should have been the price for an 1/3 statue.

Nailed.

They shoud concentrate in things people actually will buy, predators from the movies (accurate ones if it's possible). I can't see this selling a lot from a movie we all are trying to forget for good.

And this price tag for PF scale. Way too up there. This should have been the price for an 1/3 statue.

If you ask me, all this stuff is going to be worthless in 10 years. New and the old.

With regards to Alien and Predator, it's a bit of both. I prefer 1/4 scale and it's nice to have a solid collectible as opposed to one with rubber components. Not only are HT's efforts inaccurate and small, but even the Predators have those gummy dreadlocks that attract dust like crazy. It's stressful having to obsess over cleaning them, keeping them in acrylic cases (which are expensive at that size), and not even being confident that they'll last five years due to poor construction. Dealing with the loose armor pieces and fragile netting is also frustrating. I tend to be OCD when it comes to these things, so it's often easier to sell them if it means not having to worry. With a statue, the maintenance is easier and there's better potential for size.

If HT would put out a 1/4 Jungle Hunter figure, I may come around, but they show less and less interest in the license with each passing year. And it's certainly too much to ask that they make an Alien to go with it (especially in hard, durable plastic instead of rubber).

I had stopped collecting Predator at 1:6 anyway - the City Hunter came out pretty crappy and that was it, cancelled the preorder and just sold everything off. Like you I'd be interested to see a 1/4 Jungle Hunter, I'd add Dutch to that - but as you said, it just doesn't seem very likely anymore.

But where you went bigger and more expensive I went smaller and cheaper to NECA :lol Well, I had never stopped collecting them but I probably bought them with greater intensity in the absence of anything from Hot Toys.

If you ask me, all this stuff is going to be worthless in 10 years. New and the old.

I don't know about that with the older grails, but when the secondary market price is significantly lower than retail on most items there's got to be a problem in the long run.
My sense of value on these pieces is they have hit double of what they are worth - to me - at retail.
Why the hell anyone would want to buy into a $1500 collectible from a franchise ruining turd movie in this market is beyond me.

But where you went bigger and more expensive I went smaller and cheaper to NECA :lol Well, I had never stopped collecting them but I probably bought them with greater intensity in the absence of anything from Hot Toys.

Oh, I haven't gone anywhere yet. :lol Just planning on it. The upshot is Prime 1 will take at least a year and a half to ship these out, so that gives people time to save if they have an idea of what they'll want to order. I haven't collected much of anything in the last year save for Marvel Legends. Mostly been selling my remaining high-end pieces in anticipation of something better, whenever that comes. Prime 1 could be it, we'll see.

Completely agree, especially the last point. The industry has become so watered down due to oversaturation of product. It's really offputting paying such a high price for items that no longer feel exclusive. Rapidly losing interest in this hobby...

You have to be a die-hard fan at this point. We've established that buying collectibles for investment purposes is a fool's errand, but now that it's uncertain whether an item will even hold its value, you've really got to love it. If it doesn't hit every last checkbox and you don't figure that out (or admit it) until two years after buying, you're screwed.

From my point of view, they kept pumping out expensive merchandises like these, aside from attracting new/more collectors, is to make economic system for this luxurious hobbies. The more items out there, the more buy/sell/trade for collectors + more PO money for them as well. It's the same to bishoujo/ shonen figures market in JP.

I don't know about that with the older grails, but when the secondary market price is significantly lower than retail on most items there's got to be a problem in the long run.
My sense of value on these pieces is they have hit double of what they are worth - to me - at retail.
Why the hell anyone would want to buy into a $1500 collectible from a franchise ruining turd movie in this market is beyond me.

:lol:lol

Yeah, I don't get it either..

I don't know what will be spending our money on 10 years from now, but I don't think we'll be throwing the cash we are throwing at this market now. Our society is entering an exponential growth spurt in all areas. Besides, the wow factor of these Statues is bound to ware off, even if they make them light up and have animatronics, with tons of accessories and switch out heads. Do you see the desperation? :lol

I have a few more pieces on the way and I'm out. Beside's, who wants to buy expensive collectibles from terrible crappy movie remakes.

Released and looks good. Still using netting with small diamonds so it's unclear whether that will ever change, but the paintjob bodes well for future Predators.

129349966_1756656107824435_4513058086182024981_o.jpg

130290380_1756656404491072_3123429273978623439_o.jpg

129852008_1756656244491088_2626096715974948639_o.jpg

129533096_1756655914491121_8056853778427213237_o.jpg

129630559_1756656181157761_6247455935332125338_o.jpg

Good looking predator and very good looking production piece! Congrats on getting this awesome statue, box looks nice too

Can anyone track down any more photos of this or even a video of the production piece would be sweet.

I've tossed and turned on the P1 jungle hunter but not feeling it at all. I wished it ticked my boxes but can't get past the pose and huge base.

As this one costs almost half the price, and I like the pose and base, I'm serious thinking about snagging it. Bad movie but the statue alone is quite nice.

Can anyone track down any more photos of this or even a video of the production piece would be sweet.

I've tossed and turned on the P1 jungle hunter but not feeling it at all. I wished it ticked my boxes but can't get past the pose and huge base.

As this one costs almost half the price, and I like the pose and base, I'm serious thinking about snagging it. Bad movie but the statue alone is quite nice.

Attachments

• IMG20211024135443.jpg
    IMG20211024135443.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20211024_135540.jpg
    IMG_20211024_135540.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG20211024135454.jpg
    IMG20211024135454.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG20211024135450.jpg
    IMG20211024135450.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG20211024135636.jpg
    IMG20211024135636.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 39
Thanks Inferno, lovely pics. But I'm going to give it a miss cause I've found the one in a generation 1/3 JH and decided to go with that instead :)

Back