Prime 1/Blitzway - Terminator 2 T-800 endoskeleton 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The base as is feels generic, it doesn't feel close enough to any setting or resemble mechanical parts related to the scene its referencing. Even the austere stainless steel title clap from the bigging of the film would seem more fitting.
Base is the weakest part of the statue. I'd rather it be a little smaller to ascentuate the figure. Though I wouldn't want more inclusions to the base, it could end up even bigger and costing us collectors more $$ wise.

Something that's strictly environmental or with a very low profile mount base. If the base was completely removed from this, i would be happy with it. They could add some depth to the environment with some low vertical elements like the twisted metal from the post-nuclear play ground or concrete building remnants. Tell the story, give layered context. Both jungle hunters are perfect examples of what they should be shooting for.
The base as is feels generic, it doesn't feel close enough to any setting or resemble mechanical parts related to the scene its referencing. Even the austere stainless steel title clap from the bigging of the film would seem more fitting.
Oh. Ok. I think something similar was done for the Dark Knight Joker, etc. So maybe they don't want to be redundant.

However, if you pay close attention to the Predator 1:3, it too has a "boring underbase". It's just overshadowed by the great environmental base above.

Oh. Ok. I think something similar was done for the Dark Knight Joker, etc. So maybe they don't want to be redundant.

However, if you pay close attention to the Predator 1:3, it too has a "boring underbase". It's just overshadowed by the great environmental base above.
Right, when i say a "low profile mount base" that's what the JH masterline has. That would be perfect.
The ripley base is a great example as well - an identifiable setting is underfoot and there are identifiable vertical elements.
It's tough for me to see a redundancy in the joker piece, he's standing on a floor instead of a pile of skulls, the ruined building beneath him is oriented vertically to reference the building structure from the theatrical posters i think. Again, an environment that's specific to an element of the film - not what we have here with this pedestal. 🤷
Just for poops and chuckles, I think eliminating all the material for the pedestal base and using a quarter of the mass to add some twisted debris would put the cost about equal? Ball park maybe? I don't think the surface area would need to be increased greatly.

Haven’t we heard anything else in regard to further alterations? I know the head honcho guy noted that they wont make as many changes as people were pushing for but I do hope we see further improvements. Perhaps a few of us should start poking the bear again lol.

Sadly no and we will see the rest I guess. I recently watched some Stan Winston video about the endoskeleton and after that I am not sure if I am going to buy this one. It just looks way too skinny. The T2 endo is very sturdy and a hell of a lot more massive than this.

Also I looked into some statues from ECC. I wasn't really that familiar with them until I bought their fantastic T-Rex. Those guys are IMO even better than Prime 1 and their stuff are very very accurate. I think they will be the guys who will beat Prime 1's jungle hunter and this one IMO if they will decide to make them. And they usually making their things from actual props from movies.

Last edited:
By the way I watched videos about HCG's half scale endoskeleton which is a lot more accurate than this one. I agree it looks like a big 1/4 Hot Toys endoskeleton. I guess we will see how it will turn out but so far I am not sure I want this. Probably it will be a good idea for me to wait until a more accurate endoskeleton will be made. I am sticking with Bliztway's T-800 and probably T-1000. I like those.

You can see the T2 3D endo at 1:36 which is basically the same as the T2 endo. Now compare it with the Prime 1 endo.

Last edited:
HCGs 1/2 scale proportion are a bit off i.e legs and arms bit short, stockier torso. To be honest I'd rather a little more stockier than dead skinny endo.

Prime got the proportions right on their 1/2 scale, so no excuses for a skinny chicken endo. In fact T2 endo is meant to be thicker than T1 endo and not the other way around!

HCGs 1/2 scale proportion are a bit off i.e legs and arms bit short, stockier torso. To be honest I'd rather a little more stockier than dead skinny endo.

Prime got the proportions right on their 1/2 scale, so no excuses for a skinny chicken endo. In fact T2 endo is meant to be thicker than T1 endo and not the other way around!
Completely agree Dundee! It is good the dust settled in my head and the early excitement weared off. So far it is underwhelming.

Completely agree Dundee! It is good the dust settled in my head and the early excitement weared off. So far it is underwhelming.
Just wait for the reveal and see what they come up with. I'm fairly certain they'll add the leg cables as that's an easy improvement.

Hopefully they correct the proportions, which imo is the most important aspect. Needs to look and feel like an endo and not a paperweight. 1/3 scale is not really that big (for endo anyway) so it is crucial for it too look hefty and solid.

HCGs endo weight is less than prime 1s 1/2 scale (11kgs vs 23) but still looks weighty enough, so that's a perfect example prime 1 has mucked up the proportions and need to head back to the drawing board to get it fixed/improved.

That said if this statue exceeds 1.5k I may pass on it. I don't think it's worth the $$ for a 1/3 scale.

Just wait for the reveal and see what they come up with. I'm fairly certain they'll add the leg cables as that's an easy improvement.

Hopefully they correct the proportions, which imo is the most important aspect. Needs to look and feel like an endo and not a paperweight. 1/3 scale is not really that big (for endo anyway) so it is crucial for it too look hefty and solid.

HCGs endo weight is less than prime 1s 1/2 scale (11kgs vs 23) but still looks weighty enough, so that's a perfect example prime 1 has mucked up the proportions and need to head back to the drawing board to get it fixed/improved.

That said if this statue exceeds 1.5k I may pass on it. I don't think it's worth the $$ for a 1/3 scale.
The proportions are bothering me but we will see how it will look on the preorder photos. In the showcase video with all the lighting the statue looked better than in Prime1's other showcase when we saw the in hand pictures. On those the statue looked very bad.

It is a little worrying there are no updates so far and the preorder is in August. Maybe we will be seeing the changes at the preorder or before that...ot there will be no more.

When I see the HCG endo that is giving me the feeling of the T2 endo. This not so much.

Ha - just realized what tomorrow is. What are the odds these go up for preorder tomorrow - August 29th? As for my 2 cents, I’ve been waiting to get in on the ground floor of a proper Prime 1 release that I could afford to pay for. Only fitting they are from my favorite movie of all-time.

As always, I appreciate the passionate analysis of a potential grail piece and comparison to other staple entries in this venerable franchise. Flaws and all, these are must-buys for me.

Last edited:
They are really not rushing with the preorder. Hopefully because they are improving the endoskeleton after the great feedbacks.

They are really not rushing with the preorder. Hopefully because they are improving the endoskeleton after the great feedbacks.
Terminator Thumbs Up GIF

There will be an update on this in a few hours. They added leg cables, teeth has improved and skull proportions seem better. Hard to tell body proportions from one still pic. Fingers crossed this turns out fab.

Yeah! I just saw it! It looks a lot better and very accurate. The head is fantastic. To me it looks like it is a little bulkier but hard to tell. These are welcome improvements.

Also here is a close up photo of the head:

Attachments

• 387076044_704682931701874_2548043599823757258_n.jpg
    387076044_704682931701874_2548043599823757258_n.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Névtelen.jpg
    Névtelen.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yeah! I just saw it! It looks a lot better and very accurate. The head is fantastic. To me it looks like it is a little bulkier but hard to tell. These are welcome improvements.

Also here is a close up photo of the head:
james cameron film GIF by Tech Noir

So, they’re including an alternate head with incorrect chrome teeth too? Huh?

Looks great otherwise. But that video host was completely cringeworthy.

The chrome teeth are from the beginning of the movie when the head is in the flame. But yeah I don't really need it.

But they improved it at every possible area. It is bulkier, hoses added everywhere. Head is perfect. Teeth is perfect. Preorder at October 12! I am gonna order it without question.

Last edited:
Back