Statue Prime 1 / Blitzway: Joker (Joaquin Phoenix) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like their 1/3rd scale statues usually go for around $800-$1,000 on their official site. BBTS marks them up to about $1,500.

Nah I don’t, sorry. This’ll be my first. :woo

Does anyone know if Prime1’s site has payment plans, or do you have to put the full amount down at once? I’ve never ordered from their site before so I’m curious how it works, or if there’s any tips I dunno.

So direct from their site has payment plans? Good!

Any country limitations? I was browsing some other stuff, I think it was queen studios, and you couldn't order to the UK direct from them.

K.A. Kim usually does fine work so the Joker should be good.

Her old work from Hot Toys, and her non Hot Toy pieces like the Star Ace Hermione, Blitzway Rocky, Marilyn Monroe and even The Molecule 8 Lennon were all good.

The only piece that disappointed thus far was her Game of Thrones Danerys sculpt - that was also a Prime 1 and Blitzway collaboration statue.

Based on pics from different conventions, it has improved from the original prototype. Hopefully it gets refined before final production.

It?s totally disappointing to have sculpted instead of rooted hair at 1/3 scale.

Most 1/3 scales come with sculpted hair rather than rooted.

One of the few with rooted hair just happens to be the Queens’ Ledger Joker

But it's not disappointing for a hair sculpt!

Sure, don't get me wrong, hair sculpt looks great based on what we've seen. KA Kim's work is always top level.

It's just that at this scale, I think it really needs to have rooted hair to mantain the hyper realism illusion.

I can't stand rooted hair to be honest. Just another variable that ends up looking too doll-like in my opinion.

I can't stand rooted hair to be honest. Just another variable that ends up looking too doll-like in my opinion.

Rooted hair can be a pain to deal with, but honestly once you go past a certain scale or physical size, the doll-like argument imo goes out the window. And 1/3 scale is just on the line of where you can go either way, depending on the type of hair style etc. For example close cuts are fine sculpted, but once you go for the heavier looks, like on the JM Aquaman the thick/heavy sculpted hair can hurt an otherwise good facial likeness.

97360910.jpg

Praying for a seated Live with Murray Franklin look. The head is certainly based on that scene.

Back