Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The orange Warrior is a hard sell due to the ridiculous price, but the others don't draw that much criticism on social media. Those of us on SSF and StatueForum who tear them apart? We're in the minority.

I thought the edition sizes on all/most of these was quite low though? (could be wrong and can't be bothered to check).

I know the last "Barbarian" Predator 1:2 LSB was only 300 ES (and $650 USD!) - and they screwed up the dreds from day 1 (well - Sadshow - ya knows).

I thought the edition sizes on all/most of these was quite low though? (could be wrong and can't be bothered to check).

I know the last "Barbarian" Predator 1:2 LSB was only 300 ES (and $650 USD!) - and they screwed up the dreds from day 1 (well - Sadshow - ya knows).

I don't know about sales, just seemed like word of mouth on Facebook and Instagram was more upbeat. Lots of people tagging their friends, talking about how cool the pieces looked. I know that doesn't necessarily correlate to sales, but it's a far cry from the eye rolls they automatically get here.

For what it's worth, I messaged Prime 1's page on Facebook about the paint apps on this statue. Said I hope they will fix their production before more are approved and shipped, because its current state is unacceptable for the price. Probably won't accomplish anything, but if more people send them the same thing, they might take notice.

I don't know about sales, just seemed like word of mouth on Facebook and Instagram was more upbeat. Lots of people tagging their friends, talking about how cool the pieces looked. I know that doesn't necessarily correlate to sales, but it's a far cry from the eye rolls they automatically get here.

So yet another reason to stick to forums and avoid Facebook, Twitter et-al :lol

I like US - we're nice and grumpy (often both at the same time) :)

I just love how we get attacked on Facebook because we have concerns over the statue. Its crazy to think you can't give a negative opinion on a noticeable downgrade without being looked at like your some a-hole

As do I. :hi5: Say what you will about the atmosphere of this place at times, but there's no denying we care. :lol

Too blimmin' right we do - look at the effort YOU, Steve and others have gone to to share everything you found elsewhere - there's consideration and caring for ya!

(* PS: A cheque for the usual amount is in the mail *)​

I just love how we get attacked on Facebook because we have concerns over the statue. Its crazy to think you can't give a negative opinion on a noticeable downgrade without being looked at like your some a-hole

Or you're accused of not knowing the source material. :lol Pretty sure every one of us lives and breathes it at this point.

Thanks to Jaklyn as well for getting on P1's tail about the netting after Cracked Tusk's release.

crackedtusknet.png

Didn't see a lot of complaints about it on social media, so they easily could've used the same tiny net pattern on the movie line -- then even a repainter would have a hard time bringing the JH up to proto.
:slap

The hot topic arm warmer netting was too much for me. Haha. But did custom a few and had some good info on how to get and what size netting to get. Crab cage netting, and they could outsource it easily I'm sure.
But it is true. We care. Since my Alien stuff has moved into my bedroom (due to the amazing built in shelf) I can't even leave an empty cup in this room because I feel like I'm disrespectful of Alien...my bed is made every day haha. These original films are to be respected and uplifted! And that is why so many years later they are still watched.

Here?s the kicker with all of this.

Regardless if it?s still ?one of the best? , but still subpar or average, we are paying a lot of money for a small statue. We *should* be getting proto or better.

However this turns out in the end, one thing is clear : we are all overpaying drastically and Prime 1 will now be a ?suspect? manufacturer where I, and many others, will hesitate before purchasing another one of their products.

If they don?t care about this... Ok.... but if they do care about it, then they better get their s*it together.

Edit: case in point , has anyone took a good look at the Movie mask? Look at those eyes... just simple grey. Looks like they forgot to paint it. Where?s the black covering ?

I don't think any of us here think otherwise, we know we pay over the odds for this kind of stuff and have done for many years. I wouldn't say this is a small statue though, it may be 1/4, but it's still taller than Sideshows P2 maquette despite this being crouched over and appearing to be a more solid looking lump in the other dimensions. I'm pretty sure this will seem like a large statue in person. Also I picked that movie mask apart right from the start, we all know about it's failings and it is a shame that wasn't tweaked along with the unmasked heads which they altered very quickly and are now very impressive sculpt wise.

I am still liking what I am seeing, but I understand you guys and I have to agree with you on a lot of things. Looks good overall but for this price point we want and expect more. Prime 1 in my opinion is slipping lately. Everybody is talking about how close their stuff is to the prototype. Well that was a long time ago...and yeah sorry but I don't care if a comic book Batman looks good and looks like a proto. They are very easy to paint and they don't really look better paint wise than the 1/6 stuff for example. Don't get me in a wrong way but a child can paint them. However this is a different animal. Predator is hard to paint. I am okay with the city hunter. This and the city hunter very close to each other quality wise but the price is not. The Pred 2 pred is reasonably priced while the classic is overpriced. So yeah I cannot and don't wanna cancel mine but I don't have a good feeling right now. When I saw the proto I was blown away. This still looks good but not 1500 good. Don't care if it is mass produced. For this price point you better deliver.

Last edited:
If the quality is in the middle of the initial pics and Leo's ones, it's still decent imo. At this price point, there's not much else you can ask or demand for, imo 1.5k for this quality is reasonable (esp CM predator is like 10k plus nowadays). Obviously the spots on head must be aligned and corrected on the poorly painted ones (which I suspect would be far and few between, hopefully).

If it had a more upright pose, like the fugitive or CM pred, I'd take a punt on this one. A flawed gem is still a gem. Fingers crossed that it is closer to the quality of Leo's pics and videos for those who ordered.

Cancelled via Prime 1 to flex pay this guy locally. Prime updated the shipping costs and gave me the option to cancel while keeping me deposit. Perfect window to get it cheaper locally. Itll be a few hundred cheaper taking import fees into consideration. Also gives me way more time to decide if I want to keep this guy.

I'm still trying to decide if OUR Jaklyn Fior is the FAMOUS Jaklyn Fior (or just OUR famous Jaklyn Fior) :)

Hahaha Famous? Well I have a profile on fb that hides who I am because nerds are weird about women collectors. They like us just a little basic and not too into collecting, and I seem to get far more respect if people don't know who I am. But I don't think I'm famous.

Cancelled via Prime 1 to flex pay this guy locally. Prime updated the shipping costs and gave me the option to cancel while keeping me deposit. Perfect window to get it cheaper locally. Itll be a few hundred cheaper taking import fees into consideration. Also gives me way more time to decide if I want to keep this guy.

They emailed you with updated, higher, shipping costs?
I've not heard anything from them.

Happy to keep my order, looks good to me, but I'm not paying a penny more than the shipping price quoted at point of order.

That's almost as much as the statue, has shipping rates gone up again?

It's a 1/4 piece statue, unbelievable. Local retailers are now going to also hike their prices in the future. This is getting downright unaffordable.

Back