Prime 1 - Alien Warrior 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The base is huge I'm not sure how I make it fit on my shelving.
There has been a debate if the base is as big as p1 says. Blade has tried to figure it out by the height if the warrior and it doesn't make sense. It isn't a square and one side comes out further than the other. And the head leans over a good bit.
The dog Alien has a massive base as well and it is limited to posing because of the tail position. Either way all of these have massive bases. We will have to get true in hand measurements when it is released.

There has been a debate if the base is as big as p1 says. Blade has tried to figure it out by the height if the warrior and it doesn't make sense. It isn't a square and one side comes out further than the other. And the head leans over a good bit.
The dog Alien has a massive base as well and it is limited to posing because of the tail position. Either way all of these have massive bases. We will have to get true in hand measurements when it is released.
I still can't believe they're saying the website measurements are accurate, they make zero sense. Eager for this thing to come out, if not just to get an accurate idea of where we stand with the dimensions.

I still can't believe they're saying the website measurements are accurate, they make zero sense. Eager for this thing to come out, if not just to get an accurate idea of where we stand with the dimensions.
We have a long wait I'm sure. Probably summer next year.
First of all they need to get this big chap out. It's been a long ass time of waiting.

With a pinch of salt, but rumours have it, that this might be cancelled. (Source: FB P1 group)

Damn, would be a shame. Hope it is not happening and if they have production or PO difficulties, they should reconsider a few changes.

Surely I couldn´t be the only one to go for a smaller base. The Warrior itself is stunning and I so much would love to have it in combo with Dog and Chap.

Fingers crossed here.

Good thing I preordered the CoolProps Warrior instead, phew!!!

I considered preordering the P1, but that base is just way too massive. The CoolProps is also big, but not that big (it’s much narrower). It will fit next to my Big Chap. The CoolProps is also 3-inches taller due to the more erect pose as opposed to the more crouching P1. Having said that, CoolProps is taking forever too.

Last edited:
I noticed a while ago that the Alien Warrior release date on Prime 1's site was updated to a general "during 2022."

Wouldn't surprise me if it gets cancelled, but man, I hope it doesn't discourage Prime 1 from trying another statue with the design. If they take anything away from this one's failure, it should be that the base for an upright 1/3 character shouldn't be 30 inches. I know it goes against their sensibilities, but I'd love to see a more conservative take on this version of the character. Perhaps similar to CoolProps, but with an even smaller base.

The pose of the warrior itself is not that bad. A few tweaks surely could make it an instant winner for long time. Arms in more menacing pose, a bit like Geometric did years back. A bit more twist in the upper body and the head tilted a notch so like it would just turn around to make Your day be shortest and most painful one. :ROFLMAO:

The egg is a super nice addon, it should stay. The backwall could just be left off. Anyway a bit too similar to the Dog Alien base and it does restrict the direction of placement.

One can only dream.

The only thing I don't like about the pose is the legs. The creature is posed like it's about to take off running which, as a statue, looks like it's about to fall forward. If they wanted to do hunched-over action pose, I'd have preferred something with more stability in the legs -- especially given recent leaning concerns. NECA had an alright pose when they marketed their first Warrior figure ten years back.

b0c37922638d41ec95d70b1e8e4b3383lg.jpg

McFarlane's take wasn't bad either, but it was more upright.

warrior-alien-AvP-2004.jpg

Either of these poses with a conservative base (26" at most in either direction) would be a dream, especially if the shape of the base is compatible with the hexagonal bases of their upcoming 1/3 Predators.

But alas, we get an Alien with a heavy risk of lean on a giant rectangular slab and a $400 chunk of polystone occupying nearly half the depth. Why not make the base smaller and include the wall as an optional add-on that slots in the back (seamlessly)?

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of this one but it would be a shame if they cancel, people getting this will be very disappointed, waiting 3 years+ to get nothing, that's enough for me to never buy from them and I'd be demanding interest on top of the deposit refund.

If it gets canned I doubt it's to do with production issues, more likely not making enough $ from the low POs. Lazy business from Prime 1, they had 3 years, could have easily made some changes to the design and base, they knew fans wanted a smaller base, but they couldn't give a damn so let the PO window drag on forever hoping it sells out. Well it hasn't but they should still honour this piece and proceed with production. I'd be ok with a company ditching a statue after max 12 months into the PO, but not 3 years, they'd lose me for good as a customer.

it seems that also the Queen and the Rogue could be cancelled. I hope it's just rumors. It would not bother me if Prime 1 comes back with a new warrior movie licensed piece - crouching pose. And also a movie licensed Queen....mmm that could be great.

As far as I can tell, there's been zero movement on this from Prime 1. We haven't even heard whispers of the first ones being released. They only just wrapped up shipping out their Big Chap statues...

As far as I can tell, there's been zero movement on this from Prime 1. We haven't even heard whispers of the first ones being released. They only just wrapped up shipping out their Big Chap statues...
Seeing that the 1:3 CP got cancelled, I'd be bummed if this got the axe too. Still an open ES, which i don't read as a good thing. But I would love to round out my P1 Big Chap and Dog with this guy.

Wasn't this one shown before the Big chap, which is now shipping.

I'm not sure what it is with Warrior statues, all companies seem to overcomplicate them in one way or another. I think Sideshows maquette is still the best option. What I wouldn't give for a nice Warrior sculpt on a relatively simple base, standing tall. Much like P1's own Big chap. Although it is my least favourite of the three main designs tbh, so I'm not too bothered that I don't have a high end warrior statue in my collection.

Seeing that the 1:3 CP got cancelled, I'd be bummed if this got the axe too.
Completely agree, I'd love to see the Prime 1 treatment to the Warrior, especially as you mentioned with Coolprops inexplicably withdrawing their submission. And I too wouldn't mind a taller Warrior: 100% of them out there are crouching (as they often were in the films, I understand). I've got two, and they're both in the standard crouching position. Prime 1's offering would be the 3rd in this position.
HipstamaticPhoto-671811170.025158.jpg

There is a Warrior 1:3 diorama coming. Shoyld be out next year. But it’s a custom job. Don’t know if we can discuss it here?

Back