Prime 1 - Alien Warrior 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robotic for the same reason I couldn't stand the coolprops queen. Both arms same level like a zombie walking. The pose is static. The Queen in the film was emotional and had a wide range of expressions. This piece just doesn't do it for me. Nothing beats the old sideshow bust queen. No one yet has at least.

The pose is agressive plenty of emotions, she is just ready to kill. Agree that the big arms could have had another position but Wide rage of expressions, i don't know where you will get that...A statue is static so yeah, you will not have thousands of expressions. The limit is your imagination.

Sure the old Sideshow is awesome, i don't see a wide range of expressions coming from that *****..., and to be honest this Prime 1 Queen wasn't my first choice, but she grew on me over time and now i think that she is just the one to get. With exactly the same warrior just smaller, plus the crawler one , the eggs the facehugger..all really well done Can't wait :)

The best Queen i've ever owned in terms of 'position' and design is the old Palisades one i've sold years ago. Hope to see that one done the exact same way by another company

Anyone else getting the Prime 1 "Zombie" Queen?

alien-queen-2.jpg

The pose is agressive plenty of emotions, she is just ready to kill. Agree that the big arms could have had another position but Wide rage of expressions, i don't know where you will get that...A statue is static so yeah, you will not have thousands of expressions. The limit is your imagination.

Sure the old Sideshow is awesome, i don't see a wide range of expressions coming from that *****..., and to be honest this Prime 1 Queen wasn't my first choice, but she grew on me over time and now i think that she is just the one to get. With exactly the same warrior just smaller, plus the crawler one , the eggs the facehugger..all really well done Can't wait :)

The best Queen i've ever owned in terms of 'position' and design is the old Palisades one i've sold years ago. Hope to see that one done the exact same way by another company

Anyone else getting the Prime 1 "Zombie" Queen?

View attachment 509524

Looking at this bust and the half up pose of both the cool props and prime1 you can tell this is incredibly emotional and action pose. The turn of the head, the arms scaling out, the crown lowered and gums all the way up. I see her dodging the power loader arm.
And trust me I'm a prime 1 fan, I defend all of thier concepts and pieces. But this Queen looks more like a static pose with a over done base. But to each their own, whatever makes you happy is good for you. For me I'll wait on another queen if I have to.2905_press01-2.jpg

Yeah, that Sideshow piece was great. Really captured how chaotic her movements were, arms flailing around. It sounds silly to say, but that's the kind of non-sculptural detail that can really bring a collectible to life.

Exactly, I can't even look at the CP Queen, she looks like a digital model of something that isn't animated yet. I also hate the avp design. The teeth were so small lol

Oh and blade you were talking about measurements, remember aside from the open egg adding width, the head of the Warrior comes out pretty far from the base too. pmdhal-02_a08.jpg

Every time I see this thing side on, I just think "Why" That rear bit adds at least a third of the physical footprint unnecessarily.

Regarding Queens, I can't say I love the Prime 1 queen for many of the same reasons I don't love this warrior. The old Sideshow Bust is probably the best Queen collectible in existence for me. But in terms of full body statue, I really like the simplicity of Sideshows old Diorama queen, she had a pretty good pose also. I kind of regret not buying that one.

cxzqUx8.jpg

Every time I see this thing side on, I just think "Why" That rear bit adds at least a third of the physical footprint unnecessarily.

Regarding Queens, I can't say I love the Prime 1 queen for many of the same reasons I don't love this warrior. The old Sideshow Bust is probably the best Queen collectible in existence for me. But in terms of full body statue, I really like the simplicity of Sideshows old Diorama queen, she had a pretty good pose also. I kind of regret not buying that one.

cxzqUx8.jpg

That queen is pretty amazing. You can see the movement, similar effect with the dog. I only wish the mouth were closed. I think it would have added to the on screen look

Wound up ordering this guy and the Chap.

Very likely I'll keep the open-mouthed bust from the Warrior and sell the rest of the statue, but it's possible I'll end up satisfied with the full piece. Another option would be to commission or build a smaller circular base so it matches the Jungle Hunter. Either way, it would be helpful to have the whole thing in-hand rather than try and buy individual parts off the few people who ordered the DX. Was hard enough getting a Dog Alien bust and I don't think the edition size on this will be as generous.

Sidenote: a couple days after ordering, I noticed the CoolProps Warrior actually "sold out" on Sideshow. Can't say I regret passing on it. Even the bust on that one looks poor and they went out of their way to make it so.

Last edited:
What sucks is if people sell their side busts or pieces it says DX under it but they can't include the dx bust. If they sell their main statue. They would have go cut down their re sale price substantially. I have people who have offered 800 for the dx Alien3 bust lol. It's just crazy haha

I don't know why I never noticed this image before. But it definitely shows the paint app on the Warrior better than the promotional images.

P1SPMDHAL-02DXS-27.jpg

Has any company ever done an accurate figure/statue of the animatronic puppets? With the correct paint apps?
Also, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I don't think I've ever seen a photo of the detail of the aliens' lower legs, but every company has the same detailing. Is it accurate?

Looking forward to this more and more since I PO'd, but it's hard to get an idea of how exactly the pose and proportions will read from photos because of how much the head sticks out compared to the rest of the body.

If the creature itself turns out to be a slam dunk, I may commission a smaller custom base for it. Anyone know of a customizer that could do something like this -- sculpt it, paint it, and make sure the feet can slot on just as they would on the original base?

So I was doing some measuring on the dog last night. The tail loop to the head is 27 inches. I'm very interested to see how the angles on the base of this Warrior work. I have a feeling it won't be as dramatic as we have built it up to be.
However, a customized base is so risky. I mean these things are huge. And heavy.
Taking the chance on a fully custom base is a big chance.
I'd customize the existing base to be smaller. But that also means you would have to ship it. I will be customizing the acid burn a little. Just to make the initial hole a bit more messy.
I am also getting excited for it. But first, the big chap.

Has any company ever done an accurate figure/statue of the animatronic puppets? With the correct paint apps?
Also, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I don't think I've ever seen a photo of the detail of the aliens' lower legs, but every company has the same detailing. Is it accurate?

Yeah the animatronic didn't have legs.
So the only way to do it is to join the two. You can see it in the Stan Winston effect book

20210506_115517.jpg

However, a customized base is so risky. I mean these things are huge. And heavy.
Taking the chance on a fully custom base is a big chance.

Yeah, that occurred to me. My hesitation with customizing the existing base (aside from shipping it) would be that I'd be devaluing the item. Whereas a completely new base wouldn't affect the value at all, could be a completely separate thing.

Of course, nothing devalues a statue like falling over due to poor support :lol so I'll need to wait until it's in-hand to get a feel for whether a new base is even feasible.

Exactly haha. See custom work is rewarding if you love it. And I absolutely don't collect for re selling. Not any time soon I hope.
Unless there is a better set of the Aliens in ten years.
But if I was done with my statue I'd probably give it to a collector that would love it.
But there is a thing about everyone has a price.

There have been a couple instances where selling was worth more than keeping, but it was always after a sudden and extreme appreciation. I think the only thing that could make me part with these (other than not liking them upon arrival) would be if a superior statue comes out later.

Or if Hot Toys puts out some Alien and Predator stuff in 1/4, but there's no way I'm holding out for that.

Back