Prime 1 - Alien Warrior 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been a couple instances where selling was worth more than keeping, but it was always after a sudden and extreme appreciation. I think the only thing that could make me part with these (other than not liking them upon arrival) would be if a superior statue comes out later.

Or if Hot Toys puts out some Alien and Predator stuff in 1/4, but there's no way I'm holding out for that.

Oh lawd, the infamous 1/4 Predator announcment. When was that, like 2013? Damn the good ol days being satisfied collecting $250-$400 figures :lol

Hahah that's funny. I have an elder predator hot toys from p2 that I'm really needing to sell.
The hot toys alien line should have been so much more.

Oh lawd, the infamous 1/4 Predator announcment. When was that, like 2013? Damn the good ol days being satisfied collecting $250-$400 figures :lol

Yeah, they started their 1/4 line at $400, maybe $450. At this point, a 1/4 Predator would cost over $600. But you know what? Considering the articulation, accessories, and mixed media features, it would still be a good deal. Their paint apps are usually excellent, better than most statues in any scale.

The biggest challenge would be sculpt accuracy and Tsang's gotten better with each release. The Heavy Weaponry Wolf looked spectacular.

I would assume that with Disney now owning Fox's properties, the chances of HT getting back into Alien and Predator are higher than before.

Hahah that's funny. I have an elder predator hot toys from p2 that I'm really needing to sell.

How much you looking to get?

Yeah the animatronic didn't have legs.
So the only way to do it is to join the two. You can see it in the Stan Winston effect book

View attachment 512643

These two seem to have legs:

aliensblowuppuppet.jpg

6a86740c8e615dc3472d7919652049b4.jpg

Interesting to see that one has the elongated midsection and the other the extra ribs.
Somebody should do that, with the correct paint scheme. That metallic blue is becoming boring...

That's why prime1 went with the grey tones. The blue in the pictures is simply the lighting. If you look at the regular pictures without it, it is mostly grey.
QstAUPt (1).jpg

Also I think those two images were what they cast the suits out of. And I think they used the torso up to make the animatronic.
Same with the Giger museum statue. It was used to create cast for the suit. And the only stunt men for Aliens were short and bulky so they cut up sections of the suit and made latex patches. It's pretty smart in a way. And Cameron hid them so well.

Keep coming back to this mystery. In every studio photo I've seen, this Warrior statue looks taller than it is wide, but the dimensions on the site suggest the opposite. How can that be?

Oh and blade you were talking about measurements, remember aside from the open egg adding width, the head of the Warrior comes out pretty far from the base too. View attachment 509528

I immediately thought of this post, but even here, if you were to compare the depth to the height, the height isn't smaller. Odder still is that if you look on the site, they claim the depth is only 1 cm greater than the width. That cannot be possible with how deep this thing is.

The more I think about it, the more I think they mislabeled the dimensions on the website -- maybe the width is 67cm (26") and the height is 76.9cm (30").

If that's the case, Prime 1's Warrior will appear larger than CoolProp's Warrior, since theirs is a similar height but with an upright pose and thicker base.

I messaged Prime 1 to for clarification on this.

Last edited:
Prime1 just keeping us always on something to discuss haha. It would be hilarious if the base was 26 inches and the height was 30. That's a whole lot of people pisssed haha

Prime1 just keeping us always on something to discuss haha. It would be hilarious if the base was 26 inches and the height was 30. That's a whole lot of people pisssed haha

Well, shoot. :lol People are going to get a lot more polystone for their money now!

Did a little experiment. I resized the image using the width as reference this time (at 26") -- and it hit a perfect 30" height. At this point, I would be very surprised if this isn't what's happening.

it would be funny to see Prime 1 doing the same as they just did with the jungle hunter...DOing a real 1/3 movie licensed Alien Warrior..

Prime 1 responded to my question and insisted the size on the website is correct. Just doesn't make any sense...

Back