Prime 1 - Alien Warrior 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit, those new close up pics of the P1 Warrior does look great.

But that damn bloody base is still too damn big. Why are they making these already huge 1/3 statues with even larger unnecessary gigantic bases? I live in super expensive Northern California. I own a small home. House prices here are astronomical. I could buy a mansion in the Midwest if I were to swap, lol. But a large house in the Bay Area is out of my reach as property taxes would kill me. Maybe I will move to Texas some day, so I can get a much larger house with way cheaper property taxes and display giant statues with even larger bases, lol.

That Warrior would display fine without that hive thing in the back. It is so distracting. I hope it is removable. If I were to buy it, that part would go back in the box.

Instead of 30 x 30 (inches), the base would have ruled with a 20 x 20 surface area.

I preordered the P1 Big Chap. I will be not be displaying the back wall sculpture. P1 told me that it is a separate piece from the base, so I can display the statue with or without the wall. Only thing, there is going to be two holes on the base where the base sits. But I am displaying the Big Chap up on a heavy duty industrial wall brackets/shelves (yes, screwed directly into wall studs) next to my CP Giger maquette, so the holes will never be seen. The thing is that I have cool framed posters set up, and that wall is going to cover them. Plus in my opinion, the wall blends too much with the statue, I want the statue to shine all by itself. I might be one of the very few people who will have the two competing 1/3 Big Chaps next to each other up high on the wall. I love my CP Giger maquette, it displays so nicely with its cabinet, a real homage to HR Giger’s museum piece. And of course, the P1 will be my movie Big Chap. Best of both worlds.

Yes, the wall sculpture will be going inside the box as well.

Prime1 already responded that most of the base measurements are factored by the warrior head sticking out. The base itself isn't 30 by 30. But with the warrior it is. I'll guess the base is close to the dog base. You can even see it here with the big chap base. Kc1hwge.jpg

Prime1 already responded that most of the base measurements are factored by the warrior head sticking out. The base itself isn't 30 by 30. But with the warrior it is. I'll guess the base is close to the dog base. You can even see it here with the big chap base. View attachment 505849

Another great picture from you.

I see what you mean now. The Warrior base is just slightly larger than the Big Chap base. The tail and egg protrudes beyond the base. Good observation.

Now you have me thinking, mmm...maybe, just maybe...

:lol

Warrior is so much shorter/smaller than the Big Chap. I mean, it is crouching, but look at the point of the lower leg to the knees, the Warrior is smaller, girth wise as well...Big Chap feet are beefier too (I know, different anatomy)...

I guess Warriors are just smaller than the Big Chap.

jaklynfiorhollyw, did you preorder the P1 DX or regular Warrior? I do love the extra egg and the pulse rifle, and obviously the extra head, but that is $300 more.

My P1 Big Chap is regular. My Dog is DX.

Warrior is so much shorter/smaller than the Big Chap. I mean, it is crouching, but look at the point of the lower leg to the knees, the Warrior is smaller, girth wise as well...Big Chap feet are beefier too (I know, different anatomy)...

I guess Warriors are just smaller than the Big Chap.

The designer of this piece, who also did the chap said they are both the exact same height. The warrior just has a wide leg stance and crouch. The chap base is also slightly thicker

jaklynfiorhollyw, did you preorder the P1 DX or regular Warrior? I do love the extra egg and the pulse rifle, and obviously the extra head, but that is $300 more.

My P1 Big Chap is regular. My Dog is DX.

I ordered the regular. Since I'll have all 3 I was cutting corners to save. I do prefer the closed mouth on both the Chap and warrior though. I also got the dog dx because I like the closed mouth.

I ordered the regular. Since I'll have all 3 I was cutting corners to save. I do prefer the closed mouth on both the Chap and warrior though. I also got the dog dx because I like the closed mouth.

Yeah, that is exactly why I got the Dog DX as well, the close mouth, it just works, like a dog snarling, getting ready to attack.

So evidently the warrior and chap were designed to be the same height (the puppet combined with the shorter stuntmen) and the only reason the chap is taller is the dome. The warrior also has a longer torso below the ribs. Winston wanted them to look almost spider like. The dome on the chap evidently adds a good bit of height and that makes sense when you see how much space there is. 169442ea67d390d0585ab5063d2df4b4.jpg

Putting the original suit next to the p1 warrior is actually pretty fun. The paint app is impressive as is the sculpt! IMG_20210211_125514.jpg
IMG_20210211_125254.jpg

I'd like a Warrior (and Dog!) in the exact same Big Chap stance, standing tall. Would look amazing side-by-side, and it's never been done before.

I'd like a Warrior (and Dog!) in the exact same Big Chap stance, standing tall. Would look amazing side-by-side, and it's never been done before.

Dog is a quadruped, he would look odd standing straight up.

However, NECA 1/4 Big Chap and Warrior are standing straight up, they look cool. I have them, I really dig those figures.

Actually it has been done for the film, this was in adi's studio and finally Marco Bell has it now. It was used for the paint app of the final look on film. It was the master paint statue. Screenshot_20210212-081131_Instagram.jpg

Somehow I have always envisioned BC to be taller than the other Aliens. =)

Well, concept and actor inside the suit are two different things. Balaji inside the suit was taller than any other ALIEN to date. However, when looking at the concept of the warrior and the dog, they are all pretty close, of standing up. The animatronic warrior was as tall as balaji, but you never see the warrior in Aliens standing straight up and tall, they were either crawling or hunched over. The dog would rest sitting in the film but never standing straight. So the actor in 79 is still the tallest, the warrior was a short man in a suit. And the dog was Alec Gillis who isn't tall at all.
But in concept they are all the same height. But to be authentic, the warrior is crawling or hunched and the dog is running and sitting. And the chap is standing tall af.

Well, concept and actor inside the suit are two different things. Balaji inside the suit was taller than any other ALIEN to date. However, when looking at the concept of the warrior and the dog, they are all pretty close, of standing up. The animatronic warrior was as tall as balaji, but you never see the warrior in Aliens standing straight up and tall, they were either crawling or hunched over. The dog would rest sitting in the film but never standing straight. So the actor in 79 is still the tallest, the warrior was a short man in a suit. And the dog was Alec Gillis who isn't tall at all.
But in concept they are all the same height. But to be authentic, the warrior is crawling or hunched and the dog is running and sitting. And the chap is standing tall af.

Just watched Aliens special edition on blu ray for the first time. Last time I saw the movie was in 2006 on dvd. My mind must have forgotten what an absolute masterpiece of a movie it was and still is. It has a near perfect blend of horror, dread and action. It perfectly captures the alien universe, like no other movie. The alien is such a terrifying and intimidating creature, can see why they call it the 'perfect' organism. Terminators get upgraded, predators have more advanced weaponry and skills over centuries of hunting. But the alien is just raw killer with incredible survival instincts, whether it'd be the past, present or future, it just finds a way to infect and destroy without needing upgrades. Utter chaos and personified death. Think I might rewatch it again soon :)

Good point. I just figure aliens are like humans, come in all sizes. =)

Back