Previews a bad Idea?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the previews are a great idea. Even with the haters that continually kneejerk whine about how terrible headsculpts are. I think SS knows that they can't please everybody and that some people use the anonymity to just be @$$holes and denigrate others hard work.
I don't have nearly as many figures as most people on this forum seem to have but I am pleased with all of them. Just looking at my beloved 007 figurres; are all of them spot on likenesses of the actors - No. But still they are better than anything ANYONE else has ever put out. Even with some of them not being "perfect" I still am amazed at the talent displayed in making ANY of the scuplts. I have yet to see a Hasbro level sculpt in any SS product and I don't beleive that will ever happen. SS sculptors have my highest respect and (I hope) most of the other board members as well.
Anyhoo, that's my .02. :D

Dave forgot to mention, it worked for him using Nero.

I reckon Previews are a bad idea. I'd rather have no knowledge at all till the final product is up, just because I find it confusing. Then again, without previews, some figures would never have been tweeked. You can't have it both ways, and of course Sideshow has taken the best option. My confusion is not their fault.

Previews advertise the product for a period of time prior to taking pre-orders, allowing collectors time to not only discover that we are selling the item but plan for its purchase.

This was in response to the collector feedback we received, such as 'if we had only known or been aware of.' We recently used the method of just pre-ordering an item without previewing it first.

Reference Grey Hulk vs Spiderman threads. Seemed to go over like a hot rock.

Best,
Chicky

Back