Present Toys - Nucky Thompson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was browsing Facebook when I saw this on a fan page. Another custom fallen to present toys! Really wish company had picked the license up.

received_3733737656715369.jpeg
received_258636635937972.jpeg
received_2492156844426806.jpeg

I really can’t wait to see how garbage these suits look when they actually come out. Using the actual yunsil suits in the photos is a compete bait and switch.

I hate seeing all of the work from artists stolen like this. However, I will forever be grateful to them for somehow getting ahold of and releasing the canceled Enterbay django sculpts

I really can’t wait to see how garbage these suits look when they actually come out. Using the actual yunsil suits in the photos is a compete bait and switch.

I hate seeing all of the work from artists stolen like this. However, I will forever be grateful to them for somehow getting ahold of and releasing the canceled Enterbay django sculpts

The suit will be trash for sure + the missing the carnation :lol
Yeah that baffles me wonder how they even got hold of those sculpts? Noticed present toys has bootleg and insane amount of stuff.

Really enjoyed owning this years ago now have harrow and Nucky in quarter scale but it sucks that no company seems to be touching these unless it's bootleg.

Interested! My favourite live-action show. Nice to see there are plans to do more characters: Margarate, Chalky and Van Alden.
All of the characters could probably display well next to the Neo-Noir Burton Batman figures.

Did their Brando from Godfather release? If not since those two Django figures they’ve put 20 preorders up. I’m not ordering anything from this company, if it doesn’t flop it’ll be 5 years before this one releases. That many preorders just screams “we have no capital to keep this up” to me. This is probably run by the Molocule8 guy.

Yeah, Present Toys gives me a bad vibe that they'll take the money and run. Or at the very least release obviously inferior final products. I mean, c'mon, almost all of their "prototypes" are high-end figures from pricey custom runs. I'm curious, but very wary of them.

Not interested in this figure and don?t really know a lot about Present Toys.
Django Unchained and Godfather II are 2 of my all time favorite films and I will never pay high end custom prices for anything.
With that said, I picked up Present Toys Django, Candie, and Michael and all 3 are excellent figures that I love in my display.
Michael?s suit could use some work, but having him come with the armchair more than makes up for it.
Very happy with my 3 Present Toys figures and look forward to them taking on another license that I care about.

Very happy with my 3 Present Toys figures and look forward to them taking on another license that I care about.

I think you mean taking instead of “taking on” These are not licenses. They steal from the license holder and they steal from the artists (who could be argue stole from the license holder anyways.

TBH I’m pretty pro third party in general. Some amazing stuff had been done by companies like sosoo or toys era that hot toys had the license for and just chose to do Jack **** with. But those companies make their own sculpts and don’t steal from artists.

There is always going to be a morality issue with the artists making unlicensed sculpts but fan art is something that’s been sold since the beginning of time, it could fall into that category,

What artists need to do IMHO is proactively invite some third party mass unlicensed companies to work with them. They should offer original casted sculpts and partner with third party vendors for mass release at a poorer quality but lower price point. Guys like Nut Pizs do exactly this. This gets ahead of scummy recasting like present toys

There’s a market for both but then again, you risk legal action from the license holders by exposing yourself so much in thst way as an artist.

That being said HBO’s lawyers are ruthless. I hope they come after present toys and destroy them.

Last edited:
Interested! My favourite live-action show. Nice to see there are plans to do more characters: Margarate, Chalky and Van Alden.
All of the characters could probably display well next to the Neo-Noir Burton Batman figures.

You won’t get any of those characters because nothing has been made of them to steal off of. You might get jimmy or Richard because both of those were made but I doubt they will even bother, No one cared about these at the peak of the show even less will care about them now.

I have van Alden in the works, then likely chalky then likely Capone or Rossetti. I have top of the line sculptors interested or lined up for all but I’m doing them as one offs, no one really cares about BE.

Been a huge fan of boardwalk since it aired.
I was the 1st to offer Harrow with Sean Dabbs then Rob did a killer job!

I just wish these weren't stolen. :slap

Their Micheal set was pretty decent and upgraded from the proto which is odd.

I recently had 2 1:4 scale pieces made as one offs.

20201206_131920.jpg
20210218_151310.jpg
20210221_190913.jpg

Last edited:
I think you mean taking instead of ?taking on? These are not licenses. They steal from the license holder and they steal from the artists (who could be argue stole from the license holder anyways.

TBH I?m pretty pro third party in general. Some amazing stuff had been done by companies like sosoo or toys era that hot toys had the license for and just chose to do Jack **** with. But those companies make their own sculpts and don?t steal from artists.

There is always going to be a morality issue with the artists making unlicensed sculpts but fan art is something that?s been sold since the beginning of time, it could fall into that category,

What artists need to do IMHO is proactively invite some third party mass unlicensed companies to work with them. They should offer original casted sculpts and partner with third party vendors for mass release at a poorer quality but lower price point. Guys like Nut Pizs do exactly this. This gets ahead of scummy recasting like present toys

There?s a market for both but then again, you risk legal action from the license holders by exposing yourself so much in thst way as an artist.

That being said HBO?s lawyers are ruthless. I hope they come after present toys and destroy them.

Yep. These figures are obviously unlicensed. I am using the term ?license? as a synonym for ?intellectual property? or ?subject matter? not to imply that Present Toys actually acquired a license from Tarantino or Paramount or HBO to legally produce products based upon these IPs.
I agree with your first point about the artists stealing from the license holders. Someone who makes an unlicensed high end figure and then complains about someone stealing their sculpt is reminiscent of those situations when a drug dealer calls the police because a rival drug dealer stole their stash.
It?s tough because arguably they are all in the theft business.
Still I can appreciate that even though an artist may not own the license they still put their own blood sweat and tears into making the figure.
With that said, when it comes to my hobbies my first loyalty is to my own bank account.
My first priority is to get the figures I want at the best price not to be a patron for someone that wants to charge two thousand dollars for a figure that Present Toys will get me close enough to for twenty times less the price.

Yep. These figures are obviously unlicensed. I am using the term ?license? as a synonym for ?intellectual property? or ?subject matter? not to imply that Present Toys actually acquired a license from Tarantino or Paramount or HBO to legally produce products based upon these IPs.
I agree with your first point about the artists stealing from the license holders. Someone who makes an unlicensed high end figure and then complains about someone stealing their sculpt is reminiscent of those situations when a drug dealer calls the police because a rival drug dealer stole their stash.
It?s tough because arguably they are all in the theft business.
Still I can appreciate that even though an artist may not own the license they still put their own blood sweat and tears into making the figure.
With that said, when it comes to my hobbies my first loyalty is to my own bank account.
My first priority is to get the figures I want at the best price not to be a patron for someone that wants to charge two thousand dollars for a figure that Present Toys will get me close enough to for twenty times less the price.

I’d argue to say that it’s 20 times less the quality Too but that’s not the point. In fact I completely agree with your point in repeat to the fact that there is a large portion of the audience who does not want to pay custom prices but wants these characters and this is why I think that there is a clear and obvious gap here in the way that these artists are not engaging with these third party theifs to make figures that cater to more of a mass market.

What’s happening is that the artists are charging more to combat theft and the the thieves in turn realize that since most can’t afford the insane prices they can fill that market. So essentially the artists are really just ****ing themselves by charging more.

You could argue the bootleg companies would say, well I can just steal it anyways why would I need to kick up to the artist but I look at it as they have quality control collaboration and access to future opt by partnering with the artists.

More importantly I think there is a lot of money left on the table for artists that should rightfully be theirs anyways. If I had unlimited time and money I’d formulate an agency for these hobby artists because they don’t seem to know how to do business for themselves. If they did what happened with Molecule8 would never have happened.

Ray, I completely agree with you. On another note, companies like Present Toys are not looking to sell to you and I, they are looking at the collector who does not have the eye for the high end figure. This person wants a representation of a character they like, but rather keep the price at the lower end in place of higher quality.

I?d argue to say that it?s 20 times less the quality Too but that?s not the point. In fact I completely agree with your point in repeat to the fact that there is a large portion of the audience who does not want to pay custom prices but wants these characters and this is why I think that there is a clear and obvious gap here in the way that these artists are not engaging with these third party theifs to make figures that cater to more of a mass market.

What?s happening is that the artists are charging more to combat theft and the the thieves in turn realize that since most can?t afford the insane prices they can fill that market. So essentially the artists are really just ****ing themselves by charging more.

You could argue the bootleg companies would say, well I can just steal it anyways why would I need to kick up to the artist but I look at it as they have quality control collaboration and access to future opt by partnering with the artists.

More importantly I think there is a lot of money left on the table for artists that should rightfully be theirs anyways. If I had unlimited time and money I?d formulate an agency for these hobby artists because they don?t seem to know how to do business for themselves. If they did what happened with Molecule8 would never have happened.

These are all excellent points.

Ray, I completely agree with you. On another note, companies like Present Toys are not looking to sell to you and I, they are looking at the collector who does not have the eye for the high end figure. This person wants a representation of a character they like, but rather keep the price at the lower end in place of higher quality.

Not entirely true. Present Toys is actually selling to the collector with an eye for high end figures. Myself for example. I can clearly see the difference between my Redman Bill the Butcher and the Rainman Bill the Butcher, but I am flat out NEVER going to pay over 1k for a sixth scale figure no matter how good it is. That?s a personal choice. I don?t mind spending 1k total on 3 or 4 figures but I will not for just one.
If someone else wants to, more power to them. We all have our own standards on where we equate value for our money.
So with that understanding, my Redman Bill, is still one of my favorite figures in a room filled with amazing licensed pieces from Hot Toys, Blitzway, QMX, Asmus, and others.
That Bill cost me around $120 and I would not be $2000 happier with the Rainman version.
Ultimately they are still action figures and whether it?s Rainman or Hot Toys they are still making a bunch of them.
If someone is looking for an elitist hobby they should buy one of a kind paintings.

All valid points, everyone in this hobby has a budget right? Like Jal76 I collect to please my bank account. However I'm not ok with those who buy and try and pass off as the original.

This happened recently when someone used Redman Bill parts and got caught out. I will say though I saw Micheal earlier and the tailoring etc isn't the worst.

Screenshot_20210314-204501_Instagram.jpg

All valid points, everyone in this hobby has a budget right? Like Jal76 I collect to please my bank account. However I'm not ok with those who buy and try and pass off as the original.

This happened recently when someone used Redman Bill parts and got caught out. I will say though I saw Micheal earlier and the tailoring etc isn't the worst.

View attachment 508771

Yep. Agreed. The notion of trying to bait and switch with a Redman versus a Rainman is not acceptable.
To me, buying a Redman is like getting to read a nice reprint of Action Comics number one versus having to spend a fortune just to read Superman?s first appearance.
I was happy to grab that Michael. To your point the tailoring could have been worse, and the head sculpt is actually excellent in hand. Once you throw in the arm chair and other accessories I could not believe the value for around $100 USD.
Present Toys has made me a very happy collector.
I have a shelf with Michael, Calvin Candie, and Django all displayed and I love it!
Keep em coming Present Toys.

Back