Present Toys - 1/6 Scale Zombie Killer (Rick Grimes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1675831078846.png

After seeing incredible custom Rick figures for years I don't think I could ever happily own a mass produced rick figure, Just doesn't look right.

The sculpt looks like a drawing of Rick. If that analogy makes sense.

That being said, custom Rick Grimes' are like this weird subculture of the custom Joker group. And of all the characters for people to obsess over to that level of detail, he's not the one I'd have expected.

I think I could overall be happy with this figure except I don’t like the pants or the shoes. Both seem inaccurate. The shirt could be better but isn’t bad. The sculpt is decent as long as it comes out similar to the prototype.

For me this is a good entry level figure of Rick with this particular look. I’m not quite the fan where I want to spend loads on a custom so this might be as close as I get for this version of the character.

I try not to criticize figures a lot these days but I don't see what's so great about this one?

I never liked that sculpt for starters I think there's better Rick sculpts out there including the most recent one by Threezero, the shirt looks odd almost like his pockets are too low, the boots are completely wrong, the rooted hair doesn't look very good if anything it'll be interesting to see how it turns out and the python is hilariously undersized, the only thing that's appealing here is the seamless arms and the cheap price.

The sculpt looks like a drawing of Rick. If that analogy makes sense.

That being said, custom Rick Grimes' are like this weird subculture of the custom Joker group. And of all the characters for people to obsess over to that level of detail, he's not the one I'd have expected.
I thought it looked like a video game Rick. Not new video games where everything looks so realistic. Maybe 5-7 year old video games.

Last edited:
Present toys is notorious for using custom painted real versions of the heads they are recasting and the actual suit by tailors like yunsil or Kato or whoever that they are ripping off in their promo pics. Aka false advertising, but they are already complete thieves so at that point I guess, who really cares to be honest.

But this is a new one using a custom with real hair applied. Truth be told I don’t know how they are even going to pull off a mass market version of something like that. Maybe a scull cap with a wig

God help anyone that preorders this and doesn’t know any better. They will be in for quite a surprise when it arrives looking like god knows what.

I’m skeptical on the rooted hair, but Present Toys does seem to do decent work with their figures. Their recent figure of The Mask for instance looks pretty good.

I don’t think the Mina yu head looks anything like John Travolta personally, but it’s definitely not my favorite head… there’s not many she’s done that are. I liked her Bruce Wayne begins but I think it’s been bested by at least 100 of the other 75 million of them. Having said that I do think Rick is one of her better portraits

Present toys is notorious for using custom painted real versions of the heads they are recasting and the actual suit by tailors like yunsil or Kato or whoever that they are ripping off in their promo pics. Aka false advertising, but they are already complete thieves so at that point I guess, who really cares to be honest.

But this is a new one using a custom with real hair applied. Truth be told I don’t know how they are even going to pull off a mass market version of something like that. Maybe a scull cap with a wig

God help anyone that preorders this and doesn’t know any better. They will be in for quite a surprise when it arrives looking like god knows what.

This is up at One Sixth Kit for $197. Cut off date is March 4th. I think I’ll go for it.

So do I get that right - Raymond F. says that the used images are of a custom figure and the produced result won't look anything like that and beware not to buy the cat in the bag (thanks for the warning, I've never heard of this company before) but Mike86 says the only way to get it is exactly that, to preorder now without knowing what it will look like? Or will there be another way to buy afterwards?

All I’m saying is just how One Sixth Kit generally works is that there’s an ordering window. Pre-orders aren’t always guaranteed after the cut off date.

Back