Predator Masked Hunter Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly can't see better pics making it look better. Those pics look exactly like the updated ones on the SS site. I like the sculpt and I have a 1:2 skull and spine laying around somewhere, so if the price is right, I defn plan on getting one for a custom project.

What the hell is going on with Sideshow???????
They make something that looks awful, and leave it that way ( P2 Maquette ), and take something that actually looked good, and mess with it, like with this piece....
The dread bugs me, but not as much. However, the cannon is an eye sore. Really Sideshow???
It's too late to cancel mine, but it will be going back as soon as it arrives.

It doesn't track with his laser designator. But looking at some pictures of the prototype again, that one didn't either and they didn't always do it in the movies (the P2 shot keys while looking in the other direction completely) We'll assume it is in the process of shifting, but on a static piece like this, it would be nice to have them match up for a more visually pleasing effect.

what's wrong with the cannon?

Folks are concerned that it's pointing in the wrong direction given the laser sight / bio angle. We're hoping that it's not glued in place and can be rotated.

However - I'm more pissed about the scorch mark on the bio (which seems WAY more pronounced than on the AP) AND the dred placement (which smacks of P1 unmasked LSB "goofy teeth syndrome").

Guess I'll know Tuesday how ours turned out.

Was about to say the cannon would need to be 'active' to track where he's looking but once you turn the light up feature on it should match.

Was about to say the cannon would need to be 'active' to track where he's looking but once you turn the light up feature on it should match.

Yeah - give it another 15 years and that sort of stuff will be in place . . . move the head and the cannon will track with it :)

(* I know that's not what you meant but I fully expect that to happen in the future - collectibles companies upping their game an' all *)

I imagine the cannon could be cut off and repositioned pretty easily, if you're up for that type of thing.

Paint chipping right off the bat is unacceptable though.

Last edited:
yea, the cannon was always like that. That's not a flaw to me, but it would be cool if the cannon can be posed like the SWS maquette.

After much deliberation.... I've cancelled my order this morning and got my NRD back. I told Tesa at Sideshow I really wasn't happy with the paint difference as it just looks cheap... Not the well weathered piece I thought I ordered. Decided I'm going to give sideshow some space now and halt my collecting until another company come up with some quality pieces. In the meantime I will still try to obtain the P1 Maquette, Wolf Bust and Predalien Maquette. If they come up at the right price of course. Decided I'm not paying through the nose anymore. It's too expensive.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Always a drama show when the first flash pics show up... :panic:

Lol yeah... Seems to be a Sideshow trait! They've lost the plot with quality and EFFORT!!! Does my *****king head in! Feel like starting my own company manufacturing these pieces, screw the licenses! I'll find a sculptor and actually make a good quality limited run... I wish!
I mean this...

View attachment 225031

To this...

View attachment 225032

Here's an example of quality...

Proto Pic...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448271486.639215.jpg

Actual piece...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448271503.140518.jpg

Happy days! I'm going to hunt this piece down!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Let me know if you find one, I'd like one also. I found a shop earlier this year still selling them new, but they had pretty much tripled the asking price... The production weathering is actually quite basic. But at least they got a metallic base down and actual real, reflective lenses which make all the difference. I never did like the half base design they had going on, but to this day there is no better option for a P1 bio really..

I had that piece. The weathering is very basic on that Bio, but still better than SS. The inside portion was the coolest part of the Bio, but of course you can't display it like that. I don't think the cannon was accurate either. Cool props may be able to do one in the future.

Back