Predator Cinemaquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know man. I think they've put out a lot of great sculpts. Which ones that are finalized do you think could be better?

Well from the stuff Steve did with CM the Vader has major issues, the CM Predator has a head that was indulgent on his part. Freddy has likeness issues and Jason is quite poor in terms of proportions and head sculpt. I shouldn't have put "all" in my previous post. His underworld stuff was great, Marcus is amazing. Busts he does are amazing.

Does anyone know what this goes for these days? I'm thinking about selling mine if I can't figure out how to display in the new house.

Well from the stuff Steve did with CM the Vader has major issues, the CM Predator has a head that was indulgent on his part. Freddy has likeness issues and Jason is quite poor in terms of proportions and head sculpt. I shouldn't have put "all" in my previous post. His underworld stuff was great, Marcus is amazing. Busts he does are amazing.

yea, but Freddy and Jason are not finalized yet. I think Jason looked great in the new pics. All they need to do is tweak the unmasked head sculpt imo. We already know the Pred was intentional, so I don't think that one counts lol. Vader has a horrible unmasked face, but I guess I'm not a big enough Vader fan to see the flaws in it. I always thought it looked quite nice. I'm prolly in the minority, but I think Hulk is the worst piece I've seen from ECC due to the hair and the likeness always seemed off to me. Not quite Ruffalo.

Gee, I wonder why they don't sell... :rolleyes:

To be honest, I had 2 of these in the last 3 years and one sold for €6500 and the other one for €5250 so there are enough people willing to buy it for this amount of money.

To be honest, I had 2 of these in the last 3 years and one sold for €6500 and the other one for €5250 so there are enough people willing to buy it for this amount of money.

That's before Prime announced they were going to make one though.

There are 3 for sale at the moment here located in the Netherlands.
€4450, €4900 and €5900.... not selling...
Hope it helps...

The one for €4450 is mine, it has a partial repaint and the shipper is gone.
I got some good offers ($5900 shipping to China incl.) for it but I prefer a local pickup.. I also sold one last year for €6500 to a collector in The Philippines but it got stuck at customs for almost 2 weeks which gave me too much stress... so only shipping within The E.U. with this one..

And ow it's (probably) sold for this price..local pickup and buyer has money in november ;)

34ee0lu.jpg

Last edited:
Crazy money, this statue is nice and all, but it isn't the definitive Predator statue, I can't grasp why people pay so much for it although I appreciate we're all different and that some people have enough money not to have to think too hard about what they do with it. I suspect the CP / Prime 1 Predators will be in an entirely different league to this based on their Alien stuff so far. Not to mention screen accurate. And for a fraction of the money that people are paying for this. If I had a CM Predator, I'd be selling it asap personally.

Crazy money, this statue is nice and all, but it isn't the definitive Predator statue, I can't grasp why people pay so much for it although I appreciate we're all different and that some people have enough money not to have to think too hard about what they do with it. I suspect the CP / Prime 1 Predators will be in an entirely different league to this based on their Alien stuff so far. Not to mention screen accurate. And for a fraction of the money that people are paying for this. If I had a CM Predator, I'd be selling it asap personally.

as someone who had one and is re-acquiring one, I agree. If the one I was getting wasn't resculpted and repainted, I wouldn't even consider it for the price. I'm still gonna have to sell off quite a few things to get it, but I think it'll be worth it.

While I agree the accuracy of the sculpt could be better, I will argue that the price of this is driven up by Winston's hands being involved and the fact that it's the last Predator piece he worked on. No other piece will be able to make those claims.

that is true too. That in itself helps with the value of the piece. Most don't know except for the ones that own it I suspect, but there is a SWS engraved emblem in the back of one of the rocks on the base.

that is true too. That in itself helps with the value of the piece. Most don't know except for the ones that own it I suspect, but there is a SWS engraved emblem in the back of one of the rocks on the base.

Thanks for the info - I never knew that (or I've forgotten!) - the thing is too bloody heavy to turn round :lol

Does anyone know how much one of these goes for these days? Nothing completed on Ebay that I can go by. I don't think I'll ever be able to properly display it, so thought it might be better to sell it. I have all of the boxes except the original shipper.

I personally feel it is the definitive Predator statue, for me anyways.
It’s got Steve Wang and Stan Winston all over it and that can’t be recreated.
While Prime 1 may smash a Jungle Hunter out that is phenomenal in terms of sculpt, paint, pose and changeable swap outs... The Cinemaquette is it’s own entity because of its heritage.
Just my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back