Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC01162_zps5frjbvqx.jpg
DSC01157_zpscbhxb6gi.jpg
That's what I mentioned before, no glass eyes anymore, but a very good hand-painted version instead.
No dripping effects as well, if you scroll back a few more pages to pics I post during the last conversion, you can see the dripping effects on the teeth.
But other than that, you just won't notice the difference between this production sample and the prototype.

Came back late, sorry for the waiting guys!
The bust will be put on pre-order the late of this month. And the price is 145000 Japanese Yen, roughly 1200-1300 USD.
They have shown the production piece from China this time, which only arrived three days ago from China, and looks almost the same!
They're going to make P1 bust as well.
Pics later.

Thank you.

$1200-$1300 is a fair price. Actually considerably lower than I was expecting.

This really changes things for me. I'm now very interested in ordering through Sideshow.

The bust will be put on pre-order the late of this month. And the price is 145000 Japanese Yen, roughly 1200-1300 USD.
They have shown the production piece from China this time, which only arrived three days ago from China, and looks almost the same!
Pics later.

I did ask about the material, yes, it's mixed with polystone and fiberglass, I don't know what does it mean exactly, guess like sideshow arnold bust.
I'm not allowed to lift it to test, haha.
More pics will come.

Thanks for the update dude - the thing looks amazing (and I prefer it without the drool).

Good to hear about the fibreglass as well.

As others have said - ordered day 1.

Just need to try to find a source besides Sideshow. Did they mention anyone else that will be carrying it?

Hey DarkMummy,

First off thank you so much for all your info on this piece! Thumbs up bro! Secondly, do you have any info on the P1 bust or when we could expect sneaks on it as well? Thanks again and I'm looking forward to all your pics!

why wouldn't you just get the SS version? They would look perfect together. CP hasn't even said they are doing one

Fiberglass is light, but incredibly tough. It's harder to work with too, and would cost more overall. I would expect the majority of it to be polystone tbh.

i like fiberglass myself

Thank you.

$1200-$1300 is a fair price. Actually considerably lower than I was expecting.

This really changes things for me. I'm now very interested in ordering through Sideshow.

Thanks for the update dude - the thing looks amazing (and I prefer it without the drool).

Good to hear about the fibreglass as well.

As others have said - ordered day 1.

Just need to try to find a source besides Sideshow. Did they mention anyone else that will be carrying it?

check with SS retailers like bbts

BBTS would be my #1 choice - just hoping Sideshow doesn't get "exclusive" rights to sell this in North America.

This will be my go-to as well. I just hope BBTS puts this up for preorder at the same time SS does. I'd hate to have to secure one from SS and risk losing my NRD 'if' BBTS offers it at a later date.

DM was told there will be a P1 :D

well, I don't see how they could improve upon this in any way, so no skin off my back :)

BBTS would be my #1 choice - just hoping Sideshow doesn't get "exclusive" rights to sell this in North America.

they had all the CP Bios so far I believe, so I don't see why they wouldn't get this. The only thing I hate about bbts now is they require like $300 deposits on everything. I may use my points with SS on this guy.

Pics later.

If what we're looking at is truly the production piece, and the picture on the art box is of the proto, then I can't imagine anyone who buys one being unhappy with the paint app.

Glad to hear that they're making a P1, but damn, that's going to be a lot of waiting. LOL! But if the wait is worth it...

Thanks darkmummy for the scoop and for taking time to post pics. :duff

well, I don't see how they could improve upon this in any way, so no skin off my back :)

they had all the CP Bios so far I believe, so I don't see why they wouldn't get this. The only thing I hate about bbts now is they require like $300 deposits on everything. I may use my points with SS on this guy.

I have to imagine that CoolProps is going to blow the Sideshow one away. Personally I'm hoping for a closed mouth sculpt.

I always hated how Sideshows has little detail on the back of the sculpt. The face is incredible but the back of the head is a typical washed out look. JMO of course.

. . . they had all the CP Bios so far I believe, so I don't see why they wouldn't get this. The only thing I hate about bbts now is they require like $300 deposits on everything. I may use my points with SS on this guy.

You are correct regarding BBTS - just got off my arse & checked - BigBadToyStore.com Search

I have no problem giving BBTS 100% up-front - their Customer Service is EXEMPLARY - always has been. Because of that I know my money is safe and they will do everything they can to resolve any issues. They are prompt too, AND fair, AND don't use "cookie cutter" responses.

Sideshow are like a friend that keeps letting you down, and you keep forgiving them because you want them to sort themselves out.

After waiting 2 weeks for an email reply from Sideshow Customer Service regarding faults with the P2 Maquette - all I can do is sigh and shake my head.

I have to imagine that CoolProps is going to blow the Sideshow one away. Personally I'm hoping for a closed mouth sculpt.

I always hated how Sideshows has little detail on the back of the sculpt. The face is incredible but the back of the head is a typical washed out look. JMO of course.

the back of the sculpt? CP used the same exact design to do the back of their P2. Their P2 doesn't have the acrylic eyes or drool like the P1 anymore either, so that in itself would be a step back on their P1. We shall see, but I don't see anything made today that could "blow" out the original.

Back