Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still patiently waiting on Prime 1 to sort out EU shipping on this guy. The big question now however is are this and their new P1 be in the same scale?

Still patiently waiting on Prime 1 to sort out EU shipping on this guy. The big question now however is are this and their new P1 be in the same scale?

This is being marketed as a “Wall Mount Piece”. With that, and the current marketing of the P1 as being from the comic, I suspect we will see new pieces of the P1 and P2 marketed at “Maquettes” or “Statues” in the future to guarantee two pieces that will be the same scale, should the two current listings not end up that way.

. . . The non-scale question now however is are this and their new P1 be in the same scale?

Fixed that for you Matt ol' mate :)

Now I've seen that aquarium display base on their "pretty darned close to a Jungle Hunter" I've decided not get either of the PRIME 1 pieces.

It'll be Infinity Studios all the way for me.

Now I've seen that aquarium display base on their "pretty darned close to a Jungle Hunter" I've decided not get either of the PRIME 1 pieces.

You really think the infinity studio spidey pose version is the best? To me that’s the most stylized take on pred. Given the current options city hunter is my first pick and p1 my second since they are fixing the inaccuracy with the pouch.

Maybe I will get both if they are same scale. If prime1 is smart, they will make them same scale.

You have chosen... poorly

Infinity VS Prime One Predators.

This is going to be a Coke VS Pepsi thing.

Infinity VS Prime One Predators.

This is going to be a Coke VS Pepsi thing.

On the plus side, these are good problems to have. How many years have we had to endure sideshow?

Absolutely - agree with you both.

What's being produced by Infinity Studios AND Prime 1 in their PREDATOR lines makes Sideshow's efforts over the last 13 years (since the SWS maquette - June 2006) look like the "Virgin Cola" brand :)

If Sadshow still have ANY hold on Predator licences, I hope it expires soon, so that P1 and IS can continue to replace mediocrity with quality.

BOTH these companies have already proved that they actually CARE about what they release.

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

What's being produced by Infinity Studios AND Prime 1 in their PREDATOR lines makes Sideshow's efforts over the last 13 years (since the SWS maquette - June 2006) look like the "Virgin Cola" brand :)

If Sadshow still have ANY hold on Predator licences, I hope it expires soon, so that P1 and IS can continue to replace mediocrity with quality.

BOTH these companies have already proved that they actually CARE about what they release.

lol...Sideshow is the "diet cola of Predator statues...just one calorie, not accurate enough"

Sideshows original Winston p1 was the benchmark just to be fair

I can even forgive them for the utter crap 1/6 and 1/5 they released later, given the lower prices and scale. (The 1/5 wolfie was actually ok for the $300 they charged )

But it is unforgivable when they revisited 1/4 maquette costing 4 figures after all these years they managed to totally fk up BOTH p1 and p2.

Just no excuse, and deserved every criticism they got. I hope they lose the licenses so p1 doesn’t need to tip toe around making movie versions of the statues

I'm actually surprised that you aren't gushing over Prime 1's Jungle Hunter, and to a slightly lesser degree their City Hunter. Both could use slight tweaks, but they are SOOOOO much better than what we've had to suffer from Sideshow for so long now. But yeah, all of the above. :hi5:

I also like Infinities P2 however and I look forward to seeing if they can match, or even better Prime 1's jungle hunter, it won't be easy!

I will say, I am not a fan of Prime One's choice to use the same plastic netting as the 18" NECA used. It is cheap and tears easily.

Infinity is using real knotted netting on their City Hunter and it is superior.

I will say, I am not a fan of Prime One's choice to use the same plastic netting as the 18" NECA used. It is cheap and tears easily.

I agree completely. I raised this also and I hope P1 will alter it to something more suitable.

I'm actually surprised that you aren't gushing over Prime 1's Jungle Hunter, and to a slightly lesser degree their City Hunter. Both could use slight tweaks, but they are SOOOOO much better than what we've had to suffer from Sideshow for so long now . . .

The tacky base turned me off the whole thing mate. If they redesigned/overhauled that, it might make me interested again.

Just can't stand the way that rock looks OR (particularly) the plasticy plants. Also have no interest in the corpse or the original mask.

Love what they've done with the Pred though - and adore the 2 unmasked portraits (they are up there with NECA's 1:4 portraits).

where did this info come from? That would be a shame for sure.

Back