Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tacky base turned me off the whole thing mate. If they redesigned/overhauled that, it might make me interested again.

Just can't stand the way that rock looks OR (particularly) the plasticy plants. Also have no interest in the corpse or the original mask.

Love what they've done with the Pred though - and adore the 2 unmasked portraits (they are up there with NECA's 1:4 portraits).

I actually really like the base on the P1 now I've looked at it a lot more. There's loads of layers to it which brings it to life. You are right about the plants however and I imagine they will improve them before production. One nitpick I do have about the base is the snake. I'm a big fan of snakes and the one on this base looks very cartoony and unrealistic. But it's a small issue.

I finally ordered this beauty! Next one is the Jungle Hunter. Man after sadshows horribly laughable attempts...what Prime 1 doing is simply amazing. They actually care.

where did this info come from? That would be a shame for sure.

I don't know that it's the exact same, but it does appear to be a thin plastic rather than fabric. Even Sideshow uses fabric, so Prime 1 ought to take care of this. That's a bigger red flag to raise with any of these, far more critical than the pouch or lack of blood beneath Hopper.

I don't know that it's the exact same, but it does appear to be a thin plastic rather than fabric . . .

Given the way they have already adjusted the closed-mandibled head and said they'll address the pouch situation, I'm now thinking that anything else (like the netting and the plants I keep pissing & moaning about) are just temporary display options so they could get this in the public eye.

Maybe they just wanted to create discussion / prompt feedback all along.

Fingers crossed for all of us.

Given the way they have already adjusted the closed-mandibled head and said they'll address the pouch situation, I'm now thinking that anything else (like the netting and the plants I keep pissing & moaning about) are just temporary display options so they could get this in the public eye.

Maybe they just wanted to create discussion / prompt feedback all along.

Fingers crossed for all of us.

I sure hope so on the netting. I have swapped plenty of NECA nets, but I am not looking forward to the possibility of tearing apart a 1k statue.

20190807_182104.jpg

I was looking at some of the newer preorder items on P1 website and noticed this.

Better job posted by our own "Brian" on the Jungle Hunter thread . . .

Seems to confirm that the City Hunter may be SLIGHTLY smaller scale than the Jungle Hunter (maybe, perhaps . . . ah - who knows!)

This is not scientific, but a quick mock up based in published height.

View attachment 465590

Decision time now that both are available. I wouldn't be surprised if Prime 1 slap a smaller than expected ES on this now that Infinity have just listed their P2 at a surprisingly competitive cost. One thing is sure, whichever one of these people prefer, we have two great options here and both for a good chunk of money less than Sideshow asked for their very average effort....

UfuEcCJ.jpg

I'm not sure about hands down, but I do still prefer it slightly. I really like both however.

Agreed - but my "it" is the Infinity Studios piece :)

Still undecided about the PRIME1 (scale seems like it will look a bit small compared to other 1:4 pieces) - and CERTAINLY won't be getting it unless they confirm real netting. Time will tell.

But I've already ordered & fully paid for the Infinity Studios piece :yess:

These huge deposits are ridiculous, so I'm going to see if i can hold out and hope SS gets this since they got the IS busts. I'd like to use some points towards this too.

Agreed - but my "it" is the Infinity Studios piece :)

Still undecided about the PRIME1 (scale seems like it will look a bit small compared to other 1:4 pieces) - and CERTAINLY won't be getting it unless they confirm real netting. Time will tell.

But I've already ordered & fully paid for the Infinity Studios piece :yess:

The scale is my big concern with it. I do wish they would just give us an answer, or at least a picture of it next to their Jungle Hunter which I have on order. I need to know which P2 will display best with it....

I'm sure I read somewhere that the netting will be changing. But I may have dreamt that.... I hope it does, it isn't up to standard currently.

Scale with this was a concern for me also when I saw the size of the P1. That said the much higher price put me off ordering the JH anyway so for now that argument is pointless for me. We've still not had any updates on the dutch and JH dio have we?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I did a little comparison image of the bios. Both could be better for sure with a few tweaks, the "cheek bone" area on both is weak, and that is what gives the real hero mask much of it's shape. But I think it's clear that the Prime 1 version is much closer to the real thing currently. By the way, I'm not trying to knock them, I love both of these statues. I just love the P2 mask and nobody ever seems to really nail it.

CZ7long.jpg

50nEOlx.jpg

Ok, guys. Found video of P1 City Hunter!!!

Watch the entire video. It starts with the Dog Predator and the HUGE Assassin Predator...then right next to the Dog Predator...theres our own little friend, the subject of this very thread...starts at 1:02 ....

49829507862_6fc32561a4_c_d.jpg

49829194031_fb5321e033_c_d.jpg

49829507857_da7724b065_c_d.jpg

49828664213_7371477698_c_d.jpg

:wink1:

I can't believe we still haven't got a scale or an ES on this yet. Or at least a picture of it next to the Jungle hunter. It really does look good though. You'd hope that the production combi sticks will be straighter mind.

Back