Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

My WL for the ex converted, not sure what to do, I've been out of this thread for a while so haven't kept up with all the drama, but I didn't have a problem with the initial pictures, is there a reason not to jump on the ex?
Your WL converted, like mine, because they upped the Ex ES by 100.

Your WL converted, like mine, because they upped the Ex ES by 100.

I got that, 400 still pretty low too, my concern is sculpt and finished quality, is it going to be $1200 worth?

The smart disc is my favorite predator weapon, but I don't think it would look good with the breather/combi-stick in his other hand. Too busy.

I got that, 400 still pretty low too, my concern is sculpt and finished quality, is it going to be $1200 worth?
I would guess absolutely not.

There's an interesting fight going on in my head.

In the Green corner, weighing in at approximately 800 lb (British), plus underwear:
• We have a 1/4 scale P2 maquette that will sit nicely with the already-present (and admired) P1 maquette.
• We have a price that won’t break the bank.
• It’s a P2 maquette for Lemmy’s sake – and it’s SHINY!​

In the Red corner, weighing in at $1200 USD (+ shipping / import duties):
• We have a company that have (almost) consistently proven they cannot deliver decent quality Predator pieces.
• We have a sculpt with issues that are so obvious that they might as well have been on that electronic billboard in New York.
• The prospective customer (that’d be me) is ROYALLY pissed off with Sideshow.
• The chances of a 1-year-plus wait (it WILL get re-cancelled or delayed) only to be disappointed on delivery are way higher than 50/50.​

I can’t believe I’m even CONTEMPLATING re-ordering this . . . :gah:

I really do wish they had left it cancelled.

The smart disc is my favorite predator weapon, but I don't think it would look good with the breather/combi-stick in his other hand. Too busy.

I would guess absolutely not.

That's what I'm most afraid of, the $400 pieces come with tons of issues, I have had a couple myself, you would think that these "higher end" ones would be near perfect.

I'm weak . Reordered it despite the loss on conversion rates :( and the increased ES. I need help

That's what I'm most afraid of, the $400 pieces come with tons of issues, I have had a couple myself, you would think that these "higher end" ones would be near perfect.
Their Iron Man pieces (1:1 Busts... LSF...) are some of the most overpriced pieces and they have mucho issues.

Cancelled my wait list. I think its a pretty nice piece overall, but I thought the delay would address some of the issues people have pointed out, especially for the price. I think this would look pretty cool next to my big chap maquette, but maybe I'll just wait to see it at SDCC again or in hand pics.

:duff HMS.

I'll probably get the Reg, for less, locally if it goes back up.
The Ex has always bothered me. Disc and Breather inhand looks silly and would make the Masked portrait pointless.
Empty hand and Spear, Reg setup, leaves the option of either portrait.

Pointless letting the WL convert while he's still available anyway.

So you decided it wasn't worth the risk Col? (and Happy Bidet for Sunday my friend!)

Matt - what are YOU doing mate?

What risk, that the factory ones look better than the proto? I wish I could buy just the body, the rest needs completely redone.

So you decided it wasn't worth the risk Col? (and Happy Bidet for Sunday my friend!)

Matt - what are YOU doing mate?

:duff HMS.

I'll probably get the Reg, for less, locally if it goes back up.
The Ex has always bothered me. Disc and Breather inhand looks silly and would make the Masked portrait pointless.
Empty hand and Spear, Reg setup, leaves the option of either portrait.

Pointless letting the WL convert while he's still available anyway.

I'm still weighing it up. On one hand I really want this, on the other hand it will always be that statue that never quite was. Have you decided yet?

The more I'm reminded about the awful exclusives - the more it puts me off. Combine that with the "Red corner" comments from my previous post and I SHOULD be deleting the Sideshow email and unsubscribing from all forums talking about this.

. . . but then - I appreciate the LOL's :wink1:

If I'm going to order it, I'll bite the bullet over the weekend. After that - I'll pass. I need at least 1 more night to sleep on it. Maybe I'll order on Col's Birthday and hope that's "good karma".

I personally think with this piece being pulled and then re-released... I'm hoping sideshow have pulled their act together and will go back to their old school routes just like the original P1 maquette... I'm willing to chance it. Let's see what happens lol!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Where else will you get a P2 maquette anywhere this size and detail and complexity?

I'm waiting.

Nothing out there is even close. And with the way statue production is going with increasing costs it is becoming more and more of an impossibility that a truly good production level Predator can be done.

Jerry from PCS Collectibles mentioned it was "fool's gold" to get a Predator license right now because costs to get the paint job of a Predator right at the production level are simply too high.

By way I am a Narin/Joe Dunaway completist with about 35 Narin/Dunaway pieces in my collection. By my count even more than Dan had at the height of his collection when he ran Predatorstuff.com

In fact I have 3 Death Warriors painted by Joe. Don't know anyone else out there who can say that.

So I know what's out there, I am absolutely a Predator connoisseur. I am at Clubhouse, at Predatorium. I see where the great and young Predator sculptors like apkitt are doing and where digital sculpting is taking us. I've seen Alex's Predator vs Batman which by the way will never be licensed and produced by Sideshow as it is simply not feasible, cast-able, or sell-able in its current form.

I don't think I can be classified in any way as a "casual" or "non-informed" Predator fan.

All that being said, at a limited edition of 400 this exclusive P2 maquette is a no-brainer. Joe Dunaway can repaint this. The head and dreads along with everything else can be modified with time, patience, and money.

And barring Narin's mythic 1/3 scale P2 that's been teased for years now we have literally nothing close to this remotely on the horizon.

Is this piece a LaFerrari? Of course not. But you guys are kidding yourselves if you think it's a Kia. When everything is said and done, you will be getting at least a 458 Italia.

I wish the P2 was only 1k with the fidelity and quality that the P1 maquette had when it was personally supervised by Stan Winston, John Rosengrant, and Shane Maher. I also wish gas was below 2 dollars a gallon. Sadly that ship has long since sailed. You're not getting a P1 maquette like that ever again. You're not getting a 1:1 Alien Warrior bust with chromed teeth for 1k ever again. You're not getting a 1:4 scale Alien Queen bust ever again. I know. I own them.

But while living in TODAY, this is it if you want a 1/4 scale P2 maquette.

Finally, if and when Narin finally gets around to releasing his version of the P2, I will be buying it and shipping it to Joe Dunaway. But I own one of the 4 Narin King and Queen kits Joe has built up and I can tell you from that experience a true 1:3 scale P2 maquette of the proper accuracy, size, and detail with a reasonable base and painted by Joe along with shipping from Thailand to Wisconsin to California where I live will cost minimum 3000 dollars all told.

It's a pretty small community of the truly obsessive-compulsive Predator collectors and as one of them I am giving you guys, my fellow Predator connoisseurs a dissenting opinion on why you should pull the trigger.

Remember Sideshow would have gone bankrupt long, long ago if they catered their products to the TRUE Star Wars, Marvel, Predator, LotR freaks and fanatics. They are trying to strike the right balance between pleasing people like us and also making viable financial decisions for a company that is frankly orders of magnitude larger than any competitor out there including PCS, XM, Chronicles, Cinemaquette, Gentle Giant, etc. and needs to recoup the cost of licenses that they are shelling out for. Unlike Narin, they can't afford to sell 30 of these things over 2 years.

If you want the perfect P2, number one it doesn't exist. Narin sadly hasn't gotten around to it. Apparently he thinks it's more important to give us King Skull Valdez, King and Queen, Wolverine, The Crow, Rapido Master, Berserker, and reissue his old series Pred kits first. SMH.

Second, once you do get the P2, kindly fork over 3k plus to get it done to the specifications and standards which I demand and know that you share with me.

Until then, I think at 1200 and change with a limited edition of 400 for the exclusive I've given you my reasoning why this is good enough for me.

Post away Spike, it's all good. You've decided for sure then?

DFchang, nobody is saying this is a Kia, what has actually been said is that it's damn close to being amazing, that is the disappointing thing. Not everybody has the option to ship this off to Joe Dunway and spend a lot of money to have it fixed. And for $1600 (when all is said and done) I think the least people expect is for it to resemble the P2 out of the box anyway, I don't think that is being overly demanding tbh. A better head and this would be a must have despite it's other discussion points. As it stands however, it's clear it isn't quite there from the amount of discussion and thought people are putting into it rather than simply excitedly ordering as we should be. To answer your first question however, you can't get a decent large scale P2 anywhere else sadly. I'm not sure that is a genuine reason alone to buy this one though. If I do get it, it will be with the intention of giving it a chance in person and selling on unless it really blows me away... Or unless a talented person out there can create a new head that looks like the P2.

Well if Sideshow are going to take the time and effort to produce this they could of, at least, looked at reference pictures that are freely available.

You're saying you wish it was 1k then you're saying we should buy it at $1,200, plus shipping and taxes, only to pay someone to fix it and repaint it?

Back