Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

If you google Prime 1, the first things that come up are their Transformers statues. Start there.

I did the googly thang - but in the 5mins I spent I couldn't tell what was actually in customers hands (and so justifying praise) vs. just available for pre-order (and therefore carrying as much QC weight as Sideshow's non-production paintjobs).

I did the googly thang - but in the 5mins I spent I couldn't tell what was actually in customers hands (and so justifying praise) vs. just available for pre-order (and therefore carrying as much QC weight as Sideshow's non-production paintjobs).

Their production quality is pretty up to snuff, their last statue to release (optimus) was quite expensive and seems to have a fair amount of breakages on some of the parts (it has a ton of tiny little easy to break off parts). But in terms of QC they seem pretty good ;p

yea, that may be the only company Sideshow is better than

Thanks - so there have been concerns with their packaging and/or pre-assembly choices - but their QC is better than Sideshow?

Umm not really, honestly it's part and parcel with the design of the baybots, especially the optimus they did. The packing is better then SS already and they said they upgraded it. So if they make a pred don't be surprised if something like some of the dreads get broken cause that's just a normal weak point. But you get what you pay for and they are pretty damn pricey (and generally so far be in the larger size statues) and to many it's worth it. One seemingly sticky point with them is that they really like their large footprint bases.

Also just keep in mind they haven't released that much stuff, but yes what they have has been pretty damn good if you like the bay transformers (which I definitely don't). But it's pretty safe to say that they are head and shoulders above SS, also they have an active rep on the other forum answering questions :)

400 ES, with a license this popular, and a statue so well done? Coming from a firm that churns out damn near everything, even LSFs, in thousands? I'd say some progress has been made here on SSC's part. I haven't ordered this yet, but the PO is almost inevitable once I wrap my head round what so many folks are complaining about. I just want to be sure I'm not missing something or that the 400 ES isn't an imaginary number I made up in my head. Was there ever a regular for this piece? The EX is all that's on the website, it seems... :monkey3

Basically once I'm sure what I see on the website is exclusive to sideshow, I'm P'Oing. Incredible statue!

Last edited:

Umm not really, honestly it's part and parcel with the design of the baybots, especially the optimus they did. The packing is better then SS already and they said they upgraded it. So if they make a pred don't be surprised if something like some of the dreads get broken cause that's just a normal weak point. But you get what you pay for and they are pretty damn pricey (and generally so far be in the larger size statues) and to many it's worth it. One seemingly sticky point with them is that they really like their large footprint bases.

Also just keep in mind they haven't released that much stuff, but yes what they have has been pretty damn good if you like the bay transformers (which I definitely don't). But it's pretty safe to say that they are head and shoulders above SS, also they have an active rep on the other forum answering questions :)

Thanks again - much appreciated :hi5: Sounds like I will be able to trust these guys.

If they do get the licence - they'll have my money.

400 ES, with a license this popular, and a statue so well done? Coming from a firm that churns out damn near everything, even LSFs, in thousands? I'd say some progress has been made here on SSC's part. I haven't ordered this yet, but the PO is almost inevitable once I wrap my head round what so many folks are complaining about. I just want to be sure I'm not missing something or that the 400 ES isn't an imaginary number I made up in my head. Was there ever a regular for this piece? The EX is all that's on the website, it seems... :monkey3

Basically once I'm sure what I see on the website is exclusive to sideshow, I'm P'Oing. Incredible statue!

Not to try and put you off (I like this too and will probably order again) But the ES is 1400. It was 300 for the EX which several of us here had on order for a long time. It was cancelled by SS, that put up again shortly after with the increased ES. That isn't the big complaints however, that was just the icing on the cake after a long drawn out rollercoaster ride that has been the Predator 2 maquette.

Essentially, most of the complaints (along some a few other things including the small spear and lack of quills) boil down to the head which isn't nearly as well done as the rest. There was hope from an SSC employee that it would be altered when it was cancelled/delayed but it wasn't to be unfortunately.

Vm7i75L.jpg

Not to try and put you off (I like this too and will probably order again) But the ES is 1400. It was 300 for the EX which several of us here had on order for a long time. It was cancelled by SS, that put up again shortly after with the increased ES. That isn't the big complaints however, that was just the icing on the cake after a long drawn out rollercoaster ride that has been the Predator 2 maquette.

Essentially, most of the complaints (along some a few other things including the small spear and lack of quills) boil down to the head which isn't nearly as well done as the rest. There was hope from an SSC employee that it would be altered when it was cancelled/delayed but it wasn't to be unfortunately.

Vm7i75L.jpg

Hi, thanks for filling me in. Very useful - I've been putting together the pieces by trawling through hundreds of pages but you've summed it up well for me. Do you mean the masked head or the unmasked portrait? I very much prefer the portrait on the left if so but I'm not sure I'd have noticed if you hadn't flagged this. I'm a predator fan insofar as I've seen the movies and cared enough for the franchise to shell out for a CM Predator in the past. That's been sold and I've been on the hunt (oho!) for a new piece since. Nothing has quite piqued my interest--didn't care much for Wolf, for instance--except this one.

I still think 400 for a SSC EX today is shockingly, bafflingly, low - I'd assumed after WW EX we'd start seeing EXs of tens of thousands. I'm not kidding. When I saw the low ES and the fact that the EX was still available, coupled with the low price for the dimensions, I got confused. I got so confused that I had to come check here that I'm not missing something.

DC always have higher ES. Also the high price of this will always keep potential sales lower.

Hi, thanks for filling me in. Very useful - I've been putting together the pieces by trawling through hundreds of pages but you've summed it up well for me. Do you mean the masked head or the unmasked portrait? I very much prefer the portrait on the left if so but I'm not sure I'd have noticed if you hadn't flagged this. I'm a predator fan insofar as I've seen the movies and cared enough for the franchise to shell out for a CM Predator in the past. That's been sold and I've been on the hunt (oho!) for a new piece since. Nothing has quite piqued my interest--didn't care much for Wolf, for instance--except this one.

I still think 400 for a SSC EX today is shockingly, bafflingly, low - I'd assumed after WW EX we'd start seeing EXs of tens of thousands. I'm not kidding. When I saw the low ES and the fact that the EX was still available, coupled with the low price for the dimensions, I got confused. I got so confused that I had to come check here that I'm not missing something.

The unmasked face doesn't have quills (you wouldn't see them on the masked face anyways). The masked face is also a bit off in terms of geometry and the dreads are off as well (they are curving outwards then going down instead of straight down). Also the spear is thin and tiny, that much imo is pretty obvious even without having anyone point it out to even someone whose never even seen it (just looks so undersized :/). The one on the left in his picture is the actual mask not a portrait from the statue. On the right is the SS maquette.

Also SS has legendary bad QC as of late, especially with their predator and aliens stuff so there's not much faith ;p

The head on the left should look good, it's the hero head from the movie. The unmasked head isn't perfect, but it doesn't look bad imo (quills aside) The masked head however is really.. really bad (wrong shape, colour, texture etc etc) And as a bio fan it is the head I would generally choose to display it with. Also note how the dreads stick out from the head in a weird manner, they leave the head at a at a 90 degree angle and then droop down Coolio style. This along with the mask has been the single biggest complaint since day one and is a problem on both heads as they are the same base head underneath.

Oh yeah, I did forget to mention the EX, if like me you want to use the bio head, the EX items are quite literally useless. You get a disk for the right hand which would be very cool ordinarily, but you don't get an empty swap out left hand. This means you either have to have the disc and spear in hand (just no) Or you have to use the breather hand which aesthetically doesn't look great imo and forces the use of the unmasked head, no sense having a bio on and a breather in hand.

As for the ES, it isn't that low really, but I guess it is relatively low for SSC, that is probably due to the issues above and the very high price. At least it has an ES though, there is that...

Again though, We're complaining here but I'll stress this isn't all bad, I like it in general, the Pose is amazing!! and the body sculpt matches it for awesomeness. If the head was as good as those aspects, this would be THE Predator statue to have imo, Oh I wish it was.

Just to even out the crappy side pictured above, the Awesome bits...

qJjZvH9.png

Back