Powerloader Price Revealed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
It probably has limited articulation in the right places, remember the Queen is most likely an SDCC announcement... so I would assume claws, arms, upper lateral articulation and of course the legs have to move...

That was my thinking too... or rather my hope. I just wondered if anyone here knew for certain. Someone made the comment that this needs more articulation so that got me thinking that the PL isn't articulated enough... and that got me worried when the price came up.

Okay, I listened to the podcast and even Brant didn't seem to know exactly what the articulation was and wasn't sure about the lights. So we don't know that it WON'T have lights or have limited articulation. If it's capable of doing everything the movie version does AND has working lights, I'd say that $250 is pretty cheap.

man i wish i had more money right now.. even WITH canceling Jabba. I so want this... in an alcove or display cabinet by itself.. Ripley (resculpted and repainted) inside all ready to fight.... hydraulic arms slightly out to the side, lit from above

WHAT a display piece. (Oh and if i had this Id so be fitting lights over Ripleys face... if i could lol)

*snif* :monkey2

I think 250 is way to much. What I don't get is that there are always people that claim to understand these high prises, encouraging the companies to sell the items at those high prises. Do you guys have too much money?? If so, good for you, but don't spoil it for those that don't have the extra cash.

$250 cheap? That's a monthly car payment, or in some cases half a month's rent, etc. $250 for any toy or collectible certainly is not cheap.

Darklord Dave said:
To reiterate bluesparrow's well written post - neither HT or SSC RESET the price. The price hadn't been announced and a retailer jumped the gun as has happened many times before.

Whether it's worth $250 or not will be up to each individual. To some a Medicom Boba Fett is worth $150 or a Toys McCoy Indiana Jones is worth $980.

Very well said, Darklord Dave. I remember when the Enterbay "Bruce Lee" figure was announced. The price was $300. $300 for just an action figure! Guess what?!! I sold 10 of them at at price! They were all sold in a weeks time! So in my opinion, $250 for the Power Loader is not outrageous. It all depends on what the individual collector considers affordable.

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

$250.00 for the Powerloader? I can live with it.

Don't see what all the b#%@&ing is about, how many of us just paid $200 for what is essentially a big stone slab in the form of Jabba's recliner?

Thought this was a hysterical quote:

nash said:
$250 cheap? That's a monthly car payment, or in some cases half a month's rent, etc. $250 for any toy or collectible certainly is not cheap.

Last edited:
nash said:

And how much do you spend on your undersized Medicoms there, Nash? I was always anticipating a PL to be in the ball park of that price point based on ED-209. This thread cracks me up. A few months ago everyone here was begging for a PL and now that it has been revealed and the price announced everyone is complaining about it. How typical. There are people here who will drop hundreds on imported over-priced Asian figures and non-articulated PF statues but whine about paying more than $100 for any articulated 1:6 scale figure or accessory. If you are a fan and you collect this license then it's a must buy and you are going to buy it, simple as that.

MisterToyNYC said:
Very well said, Darklord Dave. I remember when the Enterbay "Bruce Lee" figure was announced. The price was $300. $300 for just an action figure! Guess what?!! I sold 10 of them at at price! They were all sold in a weeks time! So in my opinion, $250 for the Power Loader is not outrageous. It all depends on what the individual collector considers affordable.

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

yeah, ebay is still selling them enterbay ones for $380 and more, and those were originally "outrageous" at $300.
the people who got them for only $300(early) are actually happy when looking at martets now :eek:
I think we got bit to used to sideshow's economic prices and forgot that other markets aren't as cheap as sideshow...
btw
nash said:
I get that all the time in this hobby, and friends and family members think I'm retarded when I keep buying statues and figures, but it's an esoteric thing, people wouldn't understand haha.:lol

Last edited:
dekadentdave said:
And how much do you spend on your undersized Medicoms there, Nash? I was always anticipating a PL to be in the ball park of that price point based on ED-209. This thread cracks me up. A few months ago everyone here was begging for a PL and now that it has been revealed and the price announced everyone is complaining about it. How typical. There are people here who will drop hundreds on imported over-priced Asian figures and non-articulated PF statues but whine about paying more than $100 for any articulated 1:6 scale figure or accessory. If you are a fan and you collect this license then it's a must buy and you are going to buy it, simple as that.

Ahhhh Dave, sometimes you make so much sense.

But I reserve my right to piss and moan about price points I have no control over. It makes me feel important:D

In all honesty I think $250 is more than fair, I just don't want to pay that much:lol

The bottom line is if I can save enough between now and its release I will most likely get it. It just freaks me out a bit that I dropped $350+ on Jabba/throne, and I may end up doing it again here on PL/Ripley. Such is life. However the cost wont come all at once like Jabba did. I got Ripley now and have maybe 9-10 months to save for PL(and Darkness PF). Just those two will cost me over $600:eek:

Anyway, $250 is fair.

But $150 would have kicked ass:lol

To answer some questions. The wholesale cost listed for retailers was TBD, so none of us knew the real cost beyond the rumors. We did not post it on our site to make sure we had acurate pricing to begin with.

dekadentdave said:

This is the same thing I hear from collectors of WWII figures. They all say, "I wish so-and-so would make a 1/6 scale Panzer tank. I'd get one for sure!" Then when it's finally released they're all moaning that it's too expensive! Like they expect it to be $100!

When I started collecting years ago, I remember saying I'd never pay $50 for an action figure and now here I am today paying up to $300. Am I rich?! HELLO NO! But if it's something I want and I can buy it without going hungry or paying my rent, then I find a way to get it. Period.

Eric

It always cracks me up when some Dealers weigh in on Collector Message boards to support a price point... :lol .... I would still like to know what the original Hot Toys wholesale price point was planned/whispered to be before it was pulled from Toyfair... HT knew then what it would cost to make.

Here's what my Dealer said...

"I only heard rumors about the costs at TF as nothing was set with us which is why I was holding off. I know HT sets the pricing so they are the ones to blame for the confusion."

I was probably the first member here to speculate/hope that Hot Toys would make a Power Loader (last April)... and I'm done be-otching about price now and will buy one (but from MY dealer) so I Do wish you all happy PL days ahead... :D

Re: light function from Kozin @ OSW...

"The power loader really needed to be seen in person to appreciate. The hydraulic hoses on the back are incredible. There is a button on it that makes the light on top blink. The hands open and close."

Last edited:
Alice Adrenochrome said:
I think 250 is way to much. What I don't get is that there are always people that claim to understand these high prises, encouraging the companies to sell the items at those high prises. Do you guys have too much money?? If so, good for you, but don't spoil it for those that don't have the extra cash.

Yeah! I want to buy a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, but people keep paying $20,000 for them! I wish they'd stop doing that so I can afford one at $5000! Damn them! :rotfl

Eric

pjam said:
It always cracks me up when Dealers weigh in on Collector Message boards to support a price point... :lol ....

Because of comments like that some dealers are afraid to make any comments at all. I'm not justifying the price. I'm just stating that what some may consider expensive, others may not. My point with the Enterbay Burce Lee figure was that I thought it was very expensive and that it would not sell. I was amazed at how quickly it sold even at $300 plus.

Is $250 "fair" for the Power Loader? I don't know. Ask the customers who purchased the Jabba and throne set.

By the way, I am also a collector. So I think I have the right to "weigh in".

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

So in my opinion, $250 for the Power Loader is not outrageous. It all depends on what the individual collector considers affordable.

This has nothing to do with whether or not a person can afford one. Most people here have spent far more than that for a single piece. This has to do with perceived value. Under the circumstances most here are NOT perceiving this to be a very good value for the buck.

As far as the panzer tanks go, they might sell if someone produced one worth the price.

MisterToyNYC said:
Because of comments like that some dealers are afraid to make any comments at all. I'm not justifying the price. I'm just stating that what some may consider expensive, others may not. My point with the Enterbay Burce Lee figure was that I thought it was very expensive and that it would not sell. I was amazed at how quickly it sold even at $300 plus.

Is $250 "fair" for the Power Loader? I don't know. Ask the customers who purchased the Jabba and throne set.

By the way, I am also a collector. So I think I have the right to "weigh in".

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

PLASTIC PEDDLER!!

what, run out of school kids to sell meth to?

:D

dude, i'm totally kidding. i like your store. i couldn't help it. thread needs some (bad) levity.

Back