Media Post your ONE favorite video game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
I remember there was a thread like this for the movie section, and I thought it would be pretty neat to have one for video games as well.

So, if you can choose only ONE video game as your favorite, what will it be? No lists allowed. No double-posts or editing your original post if you changed your mind. Just mention your one favorite game and forever hold your peace.

For me:

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master. Pure childhood nostalgia. And this was also the game that kick-started my love for all things Japanese.

ff7casefront.jpg

2nd game I ever played on ps1 first being MGS. great story wonderful characters .

Oh boy, this is a tough one.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

Highly controversial, and most often regarded as the worst Metal Gear Solid game, but take a step back, analyze the game as a whole and you'll notice the deliberate absurdity of the game in which (among many of) the main intention of the narrative was to use your confusion, gripes and grievance in service of the subject matter. An art form that truly toys with public expectations and turns it over it's head while taking advantage of it's medium and evoking modernity. It bewilders me that most fans argue that it's an inferior sequel to MGS1 but that argument sort of misses the point and perhaps these fans were taking the narrative too literally. Of course Raiden sucks and Dead Cell can't hold a candle to FOXHOUND, that's exactly the point. It's the subtexts of the game taken out of (it's already bloated) canon that made it a cautionary tale that still sticks with me to this day.

Well, either that or my next pick would be Battletoads & Double Dragon. All's good.

Team Fortress 2 for some mindless multiplayer fun.
It's incredible how much time I've spent in it and still going... This is the peak of MPFPS.

Assassin's Creed 2 for everything else :lol
It's beautiful to look at, to listen to, to play. And while it's not brilliant plot wise there's nothing wrong with simplicity.

___

I could pick Arkham Asylum but it's too... its own thing, beyond VG format.

Close call between Metal Gear Solid or The Last of Us, but I have to go with TLOU.

I'm close to finishing TLOU, so I'll let you know my thoughts by Friday :lol.

Team Fortress 2 for some mindless multiplayer fun.
It's incredible how much time I've spent in it and still going... This is the peak of MPFPS.

Assassin's Creed 2 for everything else :lol
It's beautiful to look at, to listen to, to play. And while it's not brilliant plot wise there's nothing wrong with simplicity.

___

I could pick Arkham Asylum but it's too... its own thing, beyond VG format.

ONE game, RIDDICK!! :lol

Good mention about AC II, though. I loved the music and the setting. But, I actually thought the plot was pretty complex - it was such a mind-**** watching "The Truth" video and learning about the revelations toward the end with Borgia.

Oh, Kojima won't rikey that..

Kojima needs to join SSF and read about our disgust with what he's been doing with the games :rotfl. MGS 1 is my favorite in the series, and I've grown to appreciate MGS 2 a lot more as I've gotten older. You really have to delve in the nuances of the storytelling of MGS 2 to really get a grasp for it - and it's not just by playing it one time, but by many playthroughs.

Last edited:
ONE game, RIDDICK!! :lol
Multiplayer is completely another realm of games, choosing SP over MP and vise versa would be retarded :wink1:

I actually thought the plot was pretty complex.
It was such a mind-**** watching "The Truth" video and learning about the revelations toward the end with Borgia.
It is indeed a complex story, but built around simple concepts. Nothing mindblowing but very qualitative and tasty.

Team Fortress 2 for me as well I think. Best hat simulator around. :lol
:hi5:

I have many favourite games , but when I think bag to when I really enjoyed games has to be the N64 for me.
It was a toss up between body harvest a very underrated game and sort of the first 3D style GTA game and turok 2 seeds of evil.

It was this

Resident Evil 4 is still my favorite game to date. Love the originals, LOVE the REmake and hell I can even enjoy ORC and RE6 in small doses but the updated gameplay in RE4 really made me fall in love with that game (though I do miss the old school camera style quite often).

Back