Statue Popcultureshock 1/4 Masters of the Universe Statues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say the sword is too bent I wonder if it can be heated and bent back to shape like ss baroness gun tips? The rest is ok except the left arm gunk which is bigger then the tiny spots. The extra small flaws is ok if they offer a refund. The sword and left arm I wouldn't accept.

Man.. Sorry about the issues. If it makes you feel any better, I picked mine up from my comic shop today and she was jacked up also. My right leg was broke ,and the head was broke also. Both issues are on the inside, so the heads magnet still holds, and the leg is held by the weight of the the statue, so it still displays fine. My Beastman is still screwed up also. I am not too impressed with PCS at the moment.

He-man Battlecat combo goes up in a week! Will be my first attempt at anything PCS

image.jpg

Do these sell out in hours like Xm?

PCS statues can sell out very rapidly. The 1/3 scale Klassic Scorpion sold out in about 8 to 9 minutes, but it has a very low edition size and was exclusive to the PCS website. I think He-Man and Battle Cat will take much longer to totally sell out.

Thanks. I am on the fence between these and the new sideshow. I really like the skeletor but like pcs human better. I know they are different scale but...

Thanks. I am on the fence between these and the new sideshow. I really like the skeletor but like pcs human better. I know they are different scale but...

Yeah.. I'm kinda in the same boat. With ones I currently have and on order.. I'm 3 deep in the filmation line. I was going to pickup the battlecat combo for the more "realistic" version.. now I'm not sure. Thinking I might skip the pcs mixed media and go with SS.. possibly pickup just battlecat as I might not want to risk losing out and them not making a filmation version... decisions decisions..

Thinking I might skip the pcs mixed media and go with SS.. possibly pickup just battlecat as I might not want to risk losing out and them not making a filmation version... decisions decisions..

Covers ears to such blasphemy! :D

Nah, choice is a good thing. Given the choice I would go for what I grew up loving so it's gonna be PCS all the way. The SS ones are very cool but not my MOTU.

Nah, choice is a good thing. Given the choice I would go for what I grew up loving so it's gonna be PCS all the way. The SS ones are very cool but not my MOTU.

:exactly: go with what you love

But if you dont love PCS youre crazy!!! J/k. Im just glad the combo is a seperate ES so peeps can go the single route and not wipeout the preorder too quickly. That cat is sick, and it made their He-man look 10x more awesomer standing next to it

Yep, you can't go wrong with any that is chosen tbh.. I love the PCS line (which is why I have/will have 3 of the filmation) as it's closest to what I grew up with. I think the reason the SS is grabbing me so is b/c it's more updated/adult than the mixed media, which I really like as well being the opposite end of the spectrum. Just trying to decide how well the mixed media BC would display with the filmation he-man...

I don't suppose they are going to be selling that art print separately?

Yep, you can't go wrong with any that is chosen tbh.. I love the PCS line (which is why I have/will have 3 of the filmation) as it's closest to what I grew up with. I think the reason the SS is grabbing me so is b/c it's more updated/adult than the mixed media, which I really like as well being the opposite end of the spectrum. Just trying to decide how well the mixed media BC would display with the filmation he-man...

I don't suppose they are going to be selling that art print separately?

It's an incentive to buy the set so I very much doubt it dude.

PCS combo is the way to go. I doubt Sideshow will ever do Battle Cat. I can see the Sideshow 1:5 scale statues being $400 since their 1:4 scale stuff is running $450-500 now. I like the unique style Sideshow has brought to the table but they will be secondary to PCS and my budget is nearly maxed out already.

I don't think you could go wrong with the PCS combo... But i need to pass just on space issues alone. 😕

I think the combo will make a killer display with that print behind it!

i am extremely torn on what to order. I'm not sure I can get the He-man BattleCat combo AND the Sideshow statues. I don't really have room for all of them. I thought it was going to be easy, as this is a more iconic He-man, but I'm really liking the Sideshow ones, too. My gut feeling is that I should order this. It's a pretty small run with the combo. Are Sideshow's runs usually a bit bigger?

I think the smallest run I've ever seen SS do on something is 400-500.. PCS always has a smaller number. Also, given how popular the SS line is coming out of sdcc, it wouldn't surprise me to see a big ES on them (especially after seeing the numbers on some of their latest DC pieces).

I'm passing on the combo (still might pickup just BC).. not b/c it doesn't look great (it does!).. just can't get everything hehe.

Personally I have zero interest in the Filmation statues. I dont think they have caught the Filmation spirit. Especially with the new Filmation Classic figures I dont feel like missing something. In my eyes the Filmation style fits better n the action figure genre. The new Sideshow statues are nice statues but not essential in my eyes. They are a new totally different take on MOTU. I would have prefered a Sideshow statue based on the new DC look which hasnt been done yet. Nevertheless they are a nice addition and show the variety of MOTU and hiw much it has evolved from a childish franchise to an adult collectors item.
This being said however, I believe that the 1/4 mixed media PCS is simply the best representation of a "grown up" He-Man. True to the source material but still more adult and realistic. The only thing I can nitpick about it is the sculpted on chest harnish. A mixed media statue woukd have benefitted from a seperate piece made of leather/metal etc...

Back